Post-Game Talk: #13 | Flyers at Blue Jackets | November 10, 2022 | 7:00 PM | Loss 5-2 (2 ENGs)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
No one’s forcing Torts to play a guy who went thru waivers unclaimed and another guy plucked off waivers as every game 3rd liners.
Sedlak - Cates - MacEwen, 9:43, CF 89.77%, xGF 98.51%, GF/GA 1-0
Tippett - Hayes - TK 9:21, CF 43.91%, xGF 37.62%, GF/GA 0-3
Farabee - Laughton - Allison 7:24, CF 70.24%, xGF 66.47%.
Deslauriers - Frost - Laczynski 5:52, CF 33.33%, xGF 37.30%
Farabee - Hayes - TK 4:45, CF 70.32%, xGF 62.94%, GF/GA 1-0
Tippett - Laughton - Allison 4:43, CF 66.57%, xGF 56.74%

Basically, two bad passes by Tippett and one by TK.
Otherwise, the Flyers dominated play.
The flip side of earlier in the season, when they were outplayed but capitalized on a few breaks.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Otherwise, the Flyers dominated play.
I beg to differ with this. CBJ was comfortable with the Flyers having the puck once they got the 3-0 lead. The Flyers can't do much with it when they have it.
Too much senseless skating around the edges and making useless passes. Very little action up the middle of the rink with some awful cross ice passes near center ice. Since they lack any pure shooters, their offense is based on throwing the puck at the net and hoping for a rebound opportunity. CBJ just collapsed around the goalie and shoved the Flyers off of the rebounds.
This is a very bad club. Some players need to give more-Hayes, Farabee and TK in particular. If they have bad games, it's a guaranteed loss.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
I beg to differ with this. CBJ was comfortable with the Flyers having the puck once they got the 3-0 lead. The Flyers can't do much with it when they have it.
Too much senseless skating around the edges and making useless passes. Very little action up the middle of the rink with some awful cross ice passes near center ice. Since they lack any pure shooters, their offense is based on throwing the puck at the net and hoping for a rebound opportunity. CBJ just collapsed around the goalie and shoved the Flyers off of the rebounds.
This is a very bad club. Some players need to give more-Hayes, Farabee and TK in particular. If they have bad games, it's a guaranteed loss.

This is just not true. The Flyers were all over them all game. This game was the exact reverse of early season. Flyers banged a few shots off the post, their goalie made some saves, and they just happened to capitalize on 3 huge turnovers by the Flyers first line (TK had a second major gaffe that Hart saved) - it's just that Hart didn't erase them this game.

They dominated all aspects, and lost. Exact reverse of multiple games this season, so hard to be particularly upset. No team is just 'content' letting the other team have the puck all game.'

The Flyers got beat by the star they snubbed. Ironically, if they would have just ponied up and played like they have the last few games, they may have been a decent team this year.

CF has again made the wrong decision, but that's not new.

Some other positives:

OT was demoted in the 3rd, and I have a feeling there may be some changes after his double turnover.
RR was actually quite good this game.
Sanheim seems to be waking up out of his slumber lately.
Provy was an absolute monster, and TDA was again very solid on both ends of the puck.
Hayes was as frustrating ever - many opportunities to just let it go, and he waited.. then waited.. then waited.. and the play just died. I'm not a big fan of 'always make the simple play' because it stifles creativity - but know, that making the simple play sometimes is the most creative. Hayes just doesn't. He's a good player who thinks he's elite. He has talent - just wish he's simplify his game a bit, and it will actually lead to more production and effectiveness.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's tough coming back from a 3 goal lead, they got 2 back, and the refs didn't help either, when you have a lead, you like refs who swallow their whistles and let you get away with murder.

It's not a good team, but they're playing better, but it's still a work in progress.
Hard putting lines together when you have one legitimate center and he's a 2C.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why would Torts care about JG? He's rebuilding, he's said they're 3-4 years away.

This was a good game b/c for this team ii isn't about winning or losing, it's about playing well and developing young players.
And finding out who are keepers and who are weepers.

JG isn't the reason they lost, 3 bad passes by two young forwards, and I'm sure Torts will use this as a teaching moment "see why I tell you to go north south and not get too cute?"

• Haha
Reactions: Cody Webster

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Was just looking and Tipper was not credited with a turnover in either of those goals against us last night . People on twitter are bitching that every arena has their own group stat people and they all have different standards .

I know a guy who is one of the Jets stat guys and he is to old and blind to drive little alone track hockey stats .

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Was just looking and Tipper was not credited with a turnover in either of those goals against us last night . People on twitter are bitching that every arena has their own group stat people and they all have different standards .

I know a guy who is one of the Jets stat guys and he is to old and blind to drive little alone track hockey stats .
The NHL’s manual stat tracking is a joke. Worthless.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Why would Torts care about JG? He's rebuilding, he's said they're 3-4 years away.

This was a good game b/c for this team ii isn't about winning or losing, it's about playing well and developing young players.
And finding out who are keepers and who are weepers.

JG isn't the reason they lost, 3 bad passes by two young forwards, and I'm sure Torts will use this as a teaching moment "see why I tell you to go north south and not get too cute?"
My problem is not with the game in it's self it's that when Allison or Frost even have a little bit of a mistake they are either healthy scratched called out publicly or benched to play 5 mins a night for a couple games .

Last night Tip made two way more outregious turnovers in the first leading to goals against directly and received nothing punishable from Torts at all . His standard is double standard and it makes for locker room credibility . Sure he was demoted to the second line in the third but ice time was not cut and he was out there the entire time at the end of the game .

People on here think Wheeler and Schef were the problem with the Jets the last couple of years and that is complete bullshit . It was Paul Maurice holding them both to a different standard of defensive play than the rest of the team cause they were producing offense . aka his pets .

You might be able to bullshit the media ( that's quite easy } and you can bullshit quite a few fans but you ain't bullshitting the players in the locker room . Accountability does not have a double standard and if it does it will lead to locker room problems . Why do you think Tort's wanted nothing to do with the media last night .

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
My problem is not with the game in it's self it's that when Allison or Frost even have a little bit of a mistake they are either healthy scratched called out publicly or benched to play 5 mins a night for a couple games .

Last night Tip made two way more outregious turnovers in the first leading to goals against directly and received nothing punishable from Torts at all . His standard is double standard and it makes for locker room credibility . Sure he was demoted to the second line in the third but ice time was not cut and he was out there the entire time at the end of the game .

People on here think Wheeler and Schef were the problem the Jets the last couple of years and that is complete bullshit . It was Paul Maurice holding them both to a different standard of defensive play than the rest of the team cause they were producing offense . aka his pets .

You might be able to bullshit the media ( that's quite easy } and you can bullshit quite a few fans but you ain't bullshitting the players in the locker room . Accountability does not have a double standard and if it does it will lead to locker room problems . Why do you think Tort's wanted nothing to do with the media last night .
Why would Torts have a double standard? None of these are "his" players.

Allison was so in the doghouse he's been playing 2nd/3rd line minutes.
Tippett was demoted, but while he made mistakes he also busted his hump getting back.-

The mistakes were those of commission, that is, the right idea, passing down the ice to try to make a play, but not being careful enough where you were passing to.
Allison had been told about his tendency to make cross ice passes instead of going north-south, Torts was just reinforcing the message.

TK's bad pass was worse, he was indecisive then made a weak as pass along the blue line.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Tippett was demoted, but while he made mistakes he also busted his hump getting back.-

The mistakes were those of commission, that is, the right idea, passing down the ice to try to make a play, but not being careful enough where you were passing to.
Allison had been told about his tendency to make cross ice passes instead of going north-south, Torts was just reinforcing the message.

TK's bad pass was worse, he was indecisive then made a weak as pass along the blue line.

Why would he? Perhaps because he isn't the purely rational genius you pretend he is.

He very clearly has favorites and scapegoats. If Frost had a game like Tippet just did he'd have sat half the game. Frost has played solid hockey lately and seen no reward. Likewise for Laczynski. Meanwhile MacEwen is bulletproof.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

You just must be watching a totally different game than I am then .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad