13-14 Around the League III: Vanek to NYI

• Thread starter Penalty Kill Icing*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Sabres could probably flip Moulson for another 1st at the deadline. That's a lot of picks they're gonna have.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's an interesting move at least. Could go crap on the Islanders, but I suppose they have banked a lot of young talent over the years. If Vanek and Tavares can work well together that gives them a boost and with how weak the Metro division is that could shoot them into the playoffs.

Big price to pay though especially if they can't drive a big enough truck up to Vanek to sign him.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Guessing Moulson is dealt again later on for a good package. Could fetch at least a 1st + mid-level prospect.

Great trade by Buffalo.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
They have to resign him. Even if you end up paying him 8 million, you have to do it.
Yeah, for that price you do it. And I'm pretty sure they will do everything they can. At least as a re-sign have that extra year to dangle and certainly are moving in a more positive direction than Buffalo right now.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
That's a pretty bad trade for the Islanders IMO. I can't see Vanek producing that much more than Moulson. Definitely not enough for him to be worth a 1st and a 2nd. The idea that Moulson needs Tavares to put up points is false just like it was false with Parenteau. And they really didn't need to upgrade at forward in the first place. Their goaltending is below average and they only have two top 4 d-men, one of which will be on IR for a while. I can't see them making the playoffs in a full season.

And they'll probably be forced to give him some awful contract at 7.5 million until he's 37 to justify trading for him

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
Sabres could probably flip Moulson for another 1st at the deadline. That's a lot of picks they're gonna have.

in 2014, if it was 2015 with mcdavid then i'd applaud it. still a good bunch of moves by buff.

they really should move myers too IMO, cause i want him on the leafs.

Penalty Kill Icing*

RNH goes down after hit from Clifford.

Bad season could get worse for Edmonton.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Islanders wayyy overpaid for the upcoming FA, Vanek.

Moulson and Tavares are pretty good together... I think they would have been better off trading for Miller.

It seems like a steep price to pay to get a potential 40 goal scorer when you already have a 30 goal guy in Moulson.

But I think the key is that Moulson is a 30 goal scorer WITH Tavares. Which is great and awesome. But Vanek is a 30 goal scorer and a potential 40 goal scorer by himself. They become a much more dangerous team because they can spread the offense out now, something they couldn't do with Moulson as much.

Or they can play Vanek with Tavares and have two deadly players feast on other teams.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
People are underestimating the Isles, I don't like snow but that guy can sign him easily.

I actually think Snow is a pretty damn good GM. He's done a fine job with the Isles and he's only moving to the next step. This is a step a lot of rebuilding teams get wrong IMO. They wait too long for it, isntead getting used to hoarding picks.

Picks aren't super helpful to teh Isles. Vanek is an improvement on Moulson. Easy. He's a guy who's hit 40 goals twice, by himself. Moulson is definitely underrated but he's not on Vanek's level.

I like it for both teams.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
A first and a second as well like wtf...I think it would of been fair for just the second but not the first as well, Buffalo has been getting steals with their trades recently.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Norris Trophy Winner, Erik Karlsson. This is as bad as Ovechkin's controller gif. :laugh:

[NHL]2013020166-280-h[/NHL]

holy crap. imagine if one of our defense did that? they'd be killed dead.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Erik Karlsson is an elite forward.

On a side note, it's always fun to see the Thrashers lose.

Up 2-1 in the third, lose 3-2 in regulation. Great to see.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Haha. Look at the Sens fans making excuses. They say they are losing all these games because they are playing Cup contending teams.

Wait a minute...I thought they said that Ottawa is a Cup contending team with Spezza, Michalek and Karlsson healthy. What happened?

wait... what?!

what kind of hell excuse is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad