TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Beyak calling the Leafs Tampa game, reading the Leafs game thread they were loving his call.

Hearing the alternative PBP people like Romaniuk, we are extremely lucky to have Dennis as our guy. Pair him with Ferraro, and I believe they rival any other team out there.

We tend to take him for granted, one of the best in the biz.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Beyak calling the Leafs Tampa game, reading the Leafs game thread they were loving his call.

Hearing the alternative PBP people like Romaniuk, we are extremely lucky to have Dennis as our guy. Pair him with Ferraro, and I believe they rival any other team out there.

Personally can’t stand him and would rather watch the game on mute. I find his non stop blabbering about streaks and such non relative stats get in the way of good hockey games. Drivel such as so and so in his 703rd game with 100 games played on Wednesday nights and 63 assists on Tuesdays with a full moon in February, 91 goals on Saturday games played after 6pm central time. Combined with an importance on shots on goals and face off wins...:thumbd:.

I have recently done some surveys for NHL games on TV and it’s looking like the time is coming when the announcers can be turned off and fans will just be able to listen to the sounds of the game.

I may be in the minority but I just can’t stand a game called by Beyak.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,

Finally agree with Leaf fans!

Reactions: Gm0ney

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Holy shit they need to get a hazmat crew into that studio at 1290 to clean it out. It must be a friggin plague zone! Westwood has had a dry cough for 5 straight years!

“Hmph hmph hmph...scuse me.”

Then off mic “hack hack hack!”

And Rewicki sounds like he’s not gonna make it thru the show this morning...

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Holy **** they need to get a hazmat crew into that studio at 1290 to clean it out. It must be a friggin plague zone! Westwood has had a dry cough for 5 straight years!

“Hmph hmph hmph...scuse me.”

Then off mic “hack hack hack!”

And Rewicki sounds like he’s not gonna make it thru the show this morning...

As someone is strongly averse to caughing, he would be gone the first time it happened, if it were up to me. Inexcusable.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Fricken Westwood saying Buff should get suspended for his slash on Beagle , give me a break . I watched that replay 10 times and it wasn't that hard . I watched Beagle's face and he didn't grimace until after he passed the puck . Westwood just always says the opposite of everyone almost automatically and it's almost as annoying as his winey high pitched voice . :shakehead

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Yeah some of the media guys adopt pretty moralistic stances on stuff. Concussions are a big story so now any whiff of head contact needs to be treated like a criminal offence. Big sticks are "weapons" so now any swing of a hockey stick is attempted murder. Ralph does it too...

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
There was a hilarious technical error on 1290 last night. I was driving to the local Safeway for some milk at about 9:30, I put the radio on they had audio of the team Canada women's hockey game. Suddenly, superimposed over it was the afternoon show with Hustler and Rick Ralph, so basically it was all confusing gibberish. Someone fell asleep on the audio control panel? haha

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
They were both on Toth this morning for referring to Olympic hockey as 'Ice Hockey', like he was some European wimp. But Toth had a point, in the Olympics the sport actually IS called Ice Hockey to differentiate it from Field Hockey.

But really, it was almost just arguing for the sake of arguing. I think it just points to the overall dysfunction and mutual dislike of the morning show crew.

Reactions: Fairview

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Westwood is horrible, worse than Toth.

Hustler is still by far the best this station has to offer. I'd put Rewucki second and then after that no one is particularly good.

Kevin O is definitely at the bottom though, he's awful. Send Rick Ralph back to the Rona Round Table and doing pre/post game shows. He has no chemistry with Hustler and he was actually pretty good on those shows in the past.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
He just believes his job is to contradict anything Toth says. Justifiable at times but not every time.

I use to like Westwood, but finding that I cannot stand him much anymore. As you stated, he seemingly always needs to contradict Toth, he also believes whatever his take is on anything, its the correct take, and anyone that thinks otherwise, he takes offense with.

He use to not take himself to seriously when he first started. People could poke fun at him, and he would joke along with them. Now, he has this self righteous attitude with callers, moreso when they questions his take on anything.

He believes his days as a kicker somehow makes him a hockey expert. What he fails to realize is there are way more knowledgeable listeners, for the game of hockey, than him. Many have played the game at a higher level than he has, and know more about the game than him. Instead of getting his shorts in a knot, he should shutup and listen sometimes, with the understanding he has never played the game at a high level.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Westwood is horrible, worse than Toth.

Hustler is still by far the best this station has to offer. I'd put Rewucki second and then after that no one is particularly good.

Kevin O is definitely at the bottom though, he's awful. Send Rick Ralph back to the Rona Round Table and doing pre/post game shows. He has no chemistry with Hustler and he was actually pretty good on those shows in the past.

Bang on. Ralph doesn't work on the drive home show playing second fiddle to Hustler. Actually thought Toth worked well with Hustler. Kevin O is basically dead air, miss RR in that slot. Can't even listen to the morning show as Westwood's whining and soap box stands are intolerable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad