TSN Radio: 1290 am - Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Don't care about Toth's stance toward Pavelec; he is entitled to his opinion and to share it.

He can competently talk hockey otherwise though - which is all that really matters. If 1290 would just get rid of Westwood I might even be inclined to tune into the show.

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:....to infinity!

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I'll give toth a chance but of he's anything on the show like he is on twitter he will completely aliennate anyone with above baseline hockey knowledge.

On the other hand he will go over very well with the "gritulence forever!" Crowd that thinks all a team needs to win is to "know how" and "try harder"

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Though a Beyak and Toth love-in on Pavelec may actually be humorous in its misguidedness to listen to...

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Toth with a classic this morning "I would also like to thank Judaism for this opportunity..."

Gold Jerry, Gold

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Toth's hot taeks should be good for a laugh, if nothing else.

The 1290 talent crop is just brutal.

I'm going to refrain from listening. I have enough things in my life that raise my blood pressure - I don't need to be yelling at Toth on the radio to add to it. Agree with your assessment about the talent over there, Hank. RR I like, and I don't mind the H&L show most of the time, but the rest of it is brutal.

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
Toth, eh? Yet another reason for me to not listen to TSN1290 except for game days and the occasional RR show.

I dont know Toth but hes a pro. something that station needs more of.

Last edited by a moderator:

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
The current morning show is annoying, when Edmonds was there it was boring. I fear that with Toth it will be both.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
I concur, sir! Westwood is annoying and throws out stats to make it seem like he knows what he's talking about.

I will never forgive him for comments last year about hoping that McDavid ends up in Toronto. Either he feels that he needs to suck up to TSN (Toronto Sports Network) to keep his job or he is a closet Leaf fan...either way...he is dead to me:shakehead

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
I dont know Toth but hes a pro. something that station needs more of.

Don't get the Toth hate, sure he said some over the top stuff at OB' but he did carry his show there by himself which isn't easy to do. Next to RR and Hustler I would put Toth #3 on the 1290 talent pool!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Don't get the Toth hate, sure he said some over the top stuff at OB' but he did carry his show there by himself which isn't easy to do. Next to RR and Hustler I would put Toth #3 on the 1290 talent pool!

Hate is such a strong word. I do dislike his "analysis" and insight. There's a difference.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

I'm expected a jump up on the Big Show, but I'm far from a Liebel fan. Hopefully we will at least see the end to whole segments that never actually make there way to discussing sports as it was dedicated instead to some lame *** debate about some ***** movie.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand

I put him @ 2 but well behind the leader.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
So ummmmmmm I'm listening to TSN Vancouver radio waiting for the Canadian MNT World Cup Qualifying game.

You guys would be losing your minds.

Talking about Playboy Playmates, American Politics (Trump), Carson, and they just finished the segment by talking about whistling at chicks...

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I thought the Big Show was ok today. In fairness there was allot of content to cover so that kept the guys busy but it seemed a bit more on point.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
I thought the Big Show was ok today. In fairness there was allot of content to cover so that kept the guys busy but it seemed a bit more on point.

I agree. It was only 1 show but it was a good start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad