Post-Game Talk: #12| Oilers at FLYERS |Tue., Nov. 4, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I'm really liking our team going forward.

Raffl-Giroux-Voracek
Umberger-Couturier-Read
Schenn-Bellemare-Simmonds
Rinaldo-Lecavalier-Akeson

Del Zotto-Coburn
Grossmann-Streit
MacDonald-Schenn
Schultz

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Schultz and MDZ have been really good. I know its Edmonton but i thought they all had a good game. When Coburn and Mac return from the injuries that final D spot is going to be interesting. I wouldn't mind keeping Schultz up.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I know that it is sacrilege amongst the Flyers community to praise this guy, but Luke Schenn has looked very impressive over the last few games. Maybe he's a late bloomer!

no, no, no....it would be sacrilege to praise grossman*! actually luke looked good for stretches last season... mostly when paired with gustaffsson. maybe luke and carlo will be good pairing.

*cant really think of why someone would actually do that btw.

Last edited:

MadFerIt95*

no, no, no....it would be sacrilege to praise grossman! actually luke looked good for stretches last season... mostly when paired with gustaffsson. maybe luke and carlo will be good pairing.

Hopefully Luke had chemistry with the number 26 rather than just Gustaffson!

Anthems

Aug 23, 2011
Vancouver
I hope to christ we resign Del Zotto. I know it's a small sample size but he's been a really great addition to our blueline.

That Voracek doe... what a beast. He's quietly become a star in the league. He's very dynamic on the top line and doesn't get enough league wide credit. I hope we don't lose him to free agency, I would literally cry for months.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Voracek is a monster. If Berube gave him more than 14 minutes of ice time tonight he could've had a hat trick imo

Love watching him play. It's like, the potential was there and now he's finally realizing it

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Voracek is a monster. If Berube gave him more than 14 minutes of ice time tonight he could've had a hat trick imo

Love watching him play. It's like, the potential was there and now he's finally realizing it

Voracek was selfless to a fault when he came into the league, I'm not sure he would've had the hat trick unless he essentially had to score. There were a couple shifts after his second goal where he had incredible scoring opportunities and elected to dish the puck to someone else.

It's amazing how far he has come.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
Jebus H Cripes, if Voracek played 20 minutes in a game in which the outcome was never in doubt, and got hurt, you'd be whining about why was he wasting his best player in garbage time... It's Berube's fault either way. In a blow out, you give your big guns some rest if you can.

No middle ground between 14 minutes and 20 I guess. Good to know.

CSKA1974

Feb 10, 2010
Flyerville
but no we haven't any reason to complain about the coach.
don't want to repeat myself again. hate to upset a certain apple cart.

With Raffl being hurt It looked like first line was more sheltered in the third after the 3 goal lead. Also, may be because Roo was killing penalties and needed a break.

Last edited:

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
We beat the Oilers, we should have beaten, good.

Still need to see this type of play carry over into others games against ALL the teams.

The Oilers are so bad tho, wow.

How is Eakins still the coach... truth be told he has a super young team without much defence who are groomed.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
With Raffl being hurt It looked like first line was more sheltered in the third after the 3 goal lead. Also, may be because Roo was killing penalties and needed a break.

Voracek should be rested in the 3rd when we have a 4-1 lead. But some people will complain about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad