Post-Game Talk: #12| Oilers at FLYERS |Tue., Nov. 4, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I like that G gets a ton of icetime, but Voracek needs more ice time. He is such a dynamic ES player, he needs to get more time.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Randy Miller's post-game column:

http://www.nj.com/flyers/index.ssf/2014/11/flyers_vs_edmonton_oilers_rapid_reaction.html

THE GOOD
• Flyers G Steve Mason, making his second start in a row after sitting out four, made a bunch of spectacular saves in a 35-save performance that finally earned him his first win of the season.

• D Michael Del Zotto led the Flyers in ice time (22:40), had a game-high six hits, three block shots and a nice assist on Voracek's second goal in which he intentionally fired a shot off the backboards to his teammate in the slot.

• The Schenn brothers accounted for the Flyers' fourth goal when defenseman Luke scored from the right hashmarks on an assist from left wing Brayden, his younger brother. Earlier this season, one Schenn set up the other for the first time in the NHL when Brayden scored a goal in Dallas on an assist from Luke.

• D Carlo Colaiacovo was solid in Flyers debut. He was plus-1 with one shot, one hit and one giveaway in 16:08 of ice time.

I'm not sure about his "FIGHTS" comment, however.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Raffl only had like one more shift then VdV (40 sec) though he may have missed some time late cause of the blocked shot.

Furthermore, the guy who is first in the league in points ended up with 14 min TOI. I understand the team was up 4-1 but 14 minutes?

Going into the last 5 vs Florida VdV also had more TOI than Raffl... Raffl overtook him on like the last shift of the game.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Is it just me or does it seem that Del Zotto finally gets it with regards to defense? I honestly don't think he's been this good defensively at any point period in his career. He seems to be rejuvenated again and hopefully he gets a shot at being partnered with Coburn when Coburn returns. They could make a real solid pairing.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
You know you're in a bad spot when you only get 1 against a ravaged D AND go 25% in the dot against VL.

It's worth repeating one last time: thank god I'm not an Edmonton fan.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Is it just me or does it seem that Del Zotto finally gets it with regards to defense? I honestly don't think he's been this good defensively at any point period in his career. He seems to be rejuvenated again and hopefully he gets a shot at being partnered with Coburn when Coburn returns. They could make a real solid pairing.

Coburn-MDZ
Streit-MacD
and then the 3rd line is where it gets difficult.

Sadly, Berube will never bench Grossmann, even though Schultz deserves to be playing over him...

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Raffl with the dreaded lower body injury, see broken foot from blocked shot. Will be reevaluated tomorrow.

It happened with 12:12 left in the 3rd if anyone wants to re-watch it. Hopefully it's just sore like the one Akeson had last week.

These guys need to wear fenders.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Furthermore, the guy who is first in the league in points ended up with 14 min TOI. I understand the team was up 4-1 but 14 minutes?

Jebus H Cripes, if Voracek played 20 minutes in a game in which the outcome was never in doubt, and got hurt, you'd be whining about why was he wasting his best player in garbage time... It's Berube's fault either way. In a blow out, you give your big guns some rest if you can.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002

MDZ was really good in his first couple years, then had some issues last year and lost his confidence. He's got it back now, let's hope the bleatings of scorned slag don't affect him, or if they do, and he plays like this every time, keep tweeting ancient dooshbag.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Umberger-Vinny-Simmonds line had some good pressure. I've got no problem with sending them out there in a 4-1 game.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Debs, Columbus and Washington lost as well.

Jake with 15 ES points in 12 games. :amazed:

Giroux has 9.

Crosby only had 8 going into tonight. And he has 0 with 11 left in the 3rd.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Flyersnation: "Jakub Voracek has 12 career multi-point games, half of them have come in the first 12 games this season. #Flyers"

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
That sucks about Raffl. You want to think it can't be that bad if he played after that, but it might be that he's just too tough for his own good. I was surprised and a little dismayed that he didn't head right for the bench when it happened. I was just about to post something sarcastic about him needing to learn that 'pucks are hard', but decided against it so I wouldn't get crap for second-guessing a guy's heroic efforts lol.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
NHL point leading linemate pairs (at this exact moment in time):

#1: Voracek & Giroux: 32 points
#2: Crosby & Hornqvust: 32 points
#3: Getzlaf & Perry: 29 points
#4: Seguin & Benn: 27 points
#5: Johansen & Foligno: 27 points
#6: Carter & Toffoli: 26 points
#7: Backstrom & Ovechkin: 26 points
#8: Sedin & Sedin: 25 points
#9: Zetterberg & Datsyuk: 25 points
#10: Tavares & Okposo: 24 points

Giroux and Voracek have as many combined EV points as Tavares & Okposo.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
According to NHL.com, Voracek has 15 ES points. He only has 3 PPP? Wow. Crosby has 8 ES points so far.

Edit: Sorry, didn't read a few posts above.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Woo!

That's all I've got, too lazy to watch that critically.

oldfashioned.jpg

MadFerIt95*

I know that it is sacrilege amongst the Flyers community to praise this guy, but Luke Schenn has looked very impressive over the last few games. Maybe he's a late bloomer!

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
That sucks about Raffl. You want to think it can't be that bad if he played after that, but it might be that he's just too tough for his own good. I was surprised and a little dismayed that he didn't head right for the bench when it happened. I was just about to post something sarcastic about him needing to learn that 'pucks are hard', but decided against it so I wouldn't get crap for second-guessing a guy's heroic efforts lol.

I know Lappy has been working at it, but Raffl has always blocked shots the wrong way, turning sideways or backward instead of facing forward. He got hurt last year taking shots off his back or the back of his legs. He turned sideways and dragged his back leg. I'm sure it cracked his ankle or foot, hopefully not the heel.

In reference to a previous post: What the Heck was Berube doing putting his 1LW out there at the end of a blow out, and he's blocking shots too? Bad coaching, should've had VandeVelde out there.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad