Post-Game Talk: #12: FLYERS 4 at Devils 3 (1-0 shootout), Friday, Nov. 1, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
51Ssq6R4PTL._SY300_.jpg

OFFICIAL THREE STARS

1. Couturier
  2. Hall
  3. Vatanen

GDT: - #12: FLYERS at Devils, Friday, Nov. 1, 2019, 7:00 pm ET

Event Summary

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That was a makeup win for outplaying some teams so far and losing. As long as the process returns, it’s a potential confidence booster at least.

But I hate how easy it felt for the Devils to get controlled entries, all while we kept dumping it in, despite having goal success when going for cleaner entries. Just too much easy rush offense for the Devils, too many battles won along the wall for a less talented team. Expected goals being heavily in their favor felt right. Felt more a forward issue tonight, minus the Couturier line and at times the Hayes line. That Giroux line though just leaves much to be desired with two inconsistent offensive wingers and a winger at center.

On paper and on ice, the cohesion of the defensive pairs seems like a different world than October. Really our two worst defensemen now are Braun (who to his credit at least helped set Ghost loose tonight, when Braun wasn’t getting beat wide).....and Samhain’s right skate blade.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm glad we won but this game was excruciating.

Outside of the Couts line, none of the forwards showed much of anything except Farabee.
I guess Rubtsov looked good and I don't know if it's his influence, but this was probably Stewart's best game?

Overall I think the defense played well, especially Provorov. Myers had a gaffe on the first goal, Braun got undressed on the Hall goal. Sanheim falling down is inexplicable. Is the PK a problem again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad