Post-Game Talk: #12 | Coyotes 4 at FLYERS 3 (OT) | Mon. Oct. 30, 7:00 pm ET

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Still not good enough for the long haul.
Please stop trolling. I know that you're playing a character. One who says "if ya can't beat 'em in the alley ya can't win a cup". You know it's ridiculous, everyone knows it's ridiculous.

You're working in some pretty good posts this last year and a half. It's just a suggestion, a friendly one at that, but maybe drop the horse shit?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They're not going to be the 4th line in the long haul, or maybe even next year.
Laughton may move up to LW in the top 9.
Leier will face competition from NAK, Martel, MV.
And Raffl will be gone after his contract expires.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Have you been asleep all season long? What do they do? They monster the possession to the point that it's embarrassing for the other teams. They do literally everything except execute. Literally.

There's a reason why they get 3rd line minutes, and that reason ain't injuries.

Only Laughton is getting 3rd line minutes. If they keep dominating possession the points should follow. But there's no guarantee.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...ter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=evTimeOnIcePerGame

It's also worth looking at deployment.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...8&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=zoneStartPctg

Last edited:
Reactions: Striiker

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Only Laughton is getting 3rd line minutes. If they keep dominating possession the points should follow. But there's no guarantee.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...ter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=evTimeOnIcePerGame

It's also worth looking at deployment.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?agg...8&filter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=zoneStartPctg
It *is* kind of heart breaking in a way. They're so dominant at taking pucks away, blasting through the NZ like champs, utilizing the D's transition passes, getting the puck into the offensive zone. Then it all just craps the hell out pathetically. Like every time.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
To be positive, 12 games of around 10 minutes per game is a tiny sample size for scoring.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Their role isn't to score though. So there's that addition to the analysis.

Hate Hak all you want for drilling them to choke and not take advantage of having the puck and using it to score. But it's one admirable bit of strangulation.

It goes a huge way in freeing up the other lines' energy. Hasn't that always been the 4th's role? (unless you're hatcher)

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think it has more to do with not having a playmaker on the line, Raffl is really just a checking line winger at this point in his career, his offensive skills have dissipated, and Leier has yet to show much in the way of offense. Laughton can skate and shoot, but really needs a winger like Weal or G to feed him the rock.

Leier in 26 NHL games has 1-3 4 points, and has only taken 27 shots.
He can improve (obviously) but so far he doesn't look like his AHL production translates to the NHL.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Their role isn't to score though. So there's that addition to the analysis.

Hate Hak all you want for drilling them to choke and not take advantage of having the puck and using it to score. But it's one admirable bit of strangulation.

It goes a huge way in freeing up the other lines' energy. Hasn't that always been the 4th's role? (unless you're hatcher)
Stop running me down for not really liking the 4th line like you. It's opinions and I have made a effort to not talk crazy about this team and try to have hockey talk. Pens 4th line would kill ours in no time but IMO only. Leier does nothing and last night he was on his ass more than playing. I respect your opinion that you like them as a line though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I am happy with our 4th line despite not scoring more. It's refreshing to have some speed there and not have the play in our end all game long.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Haven't we? Allison, Bunnyman, Ratcliffe and Strome.
We seem to be collecting them.

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
"Best 4th line in the league" makes me chuckle. If they are that good they wouldn't be the "4th line".
Have you missed the part where they've been getting all the minutes the 3rd line gets.

Good god it's hard to get through to people when they have zero initial base of knowledge. JUST LOOK AT THE f***ING BOX SCORES

Sorry to yell, I've been having computer problems for almost a month and I get tired of forcing politeness. That's no one's fault.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Have you missed the part where they've been getting the minutes the 3rd line gets.

Good god it's hard to get through to people when they have zero initial base of knowledge. JUST LOOK AT THE ****ING BOX SCORES

Hes been on a sarcastic warpath lately. I dont know when to take him seriously at this point so I just dont respond lol

Qyburn

Apr 2, 2012
Allentown
Hes been on a sarcastic warpath lately. I dont know when to take him seriously at this point so I just dont respond lol
Everyone's in a bad state these days. The fault is zeroing in on someone in particular to blame. Gotta do your best to avoid that shit.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Ok, bro. Nice post. A 21 year old kid who has played a handful of NHL games. You're the worst kind of fan. You know nothing. Crawl back under the rock which you came from.

Sanheim led all Dmen in 5v5 ice time tonight. 57% Corsi. The kid is feeling his way into the league just fine. The kids been dicked around by the coach and doesn't have his full confidence yet. It will come. If you can't see his gifts you're a blind, ignorant fool. He's coming along fine. Mistakes will happen.

*slightly triggered*

:sarcasm: love you stizzle

Reactions: Stizzle

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Have you missed the part where they've been getting all the minutes the 3rd line gets.

Good god it's hard to get through to people when they have zero initial base of knowledge. JUST LOOK AT THE ****ING BOX SCORES

Sorry to yell, I've been having computer problems for almost a month and I get tired of forcing politeness. That's no one's fault.
Thank you for making my point. There’s a reason I put 4th line in quotes. And I was referencing a comment made by Elliotte Friedman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad