GDT: #12 | Blues at Flyers | November 8, 2022 | 7:00 PM | BSMW, NBCSP, ESPN+, 97.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Zamula was making a lot of good exit passes.

Eh, who needs that. Successful exits means less defending, and defending is the point of hockey, right?
Chuck Fletcher when talking about Nick Seeler or any of the other bums on the team.

ETVckzAXgAA1fiG.jpg

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This will go on the rest of the season.
Risto will get a shot at proving he can play, Zamula's PT will gradually be increased, Braun will be traded at the TDL.

Reading anything into a game or two is a fool's errand this season.

• Haha
Reactions: bennysflyers16

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
it really bugs me Torts says he has to give the youth a chance to play and make mistakes and learn..

yet he constantly pulls then for trash vets and berates them by saying he isnt seeing enuf.

grrr... let them play throu it ffs...

jesus ,Torts is 100% NOT what i expected... i really thought he had changed while away from the game.

but if anything hes going f***ing backwards into Dino zone...

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Lol, yeah I remember a few Dmen sliding to block shots and continuing all the away across the D zone. IIRC, I believe the Whalers also wore the Cooperalls for a short time.

But, when it comes to bad NHL gear ideas, those pants pale in comparison to Seals owner Charlie Finley’s plan to use white pucks. That would have been interesting to say the least!
I don't recall the concept of white pucks. His Seals' teams had white skates and that in itself was gaudy. When he owned the MLB A's, he advocated for orange baseballs which, IIRC, were used in exhibition games but not regular season. But white pucks? I would think goalies would have a say in that matter to say the least. Remember, some at the time complained that they couldn't see pucks against the black of the Cooperalls and that was one reason -- among others -- for a return to the traditional uniforms.

Reactions: BiggE

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
it really bugs me Torts says he has to give the youth a chance to play and make mistakes and learn..

yet he constantly pulls then for trash vets and berates them by saying he isnt seeing enuf.

jesus ,Torts is 100% NOT what i expected... i really thought he had changed while away from the game.

Torts challenges everyone.

If you thought the kids were going to get special treatment, then you didn't know Torts. He's trying to get the best out of everyone.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
This will go on the rest of the season.
Risto will get a shot at proving he can play, Zamula's PT will gradually be increased, Braun will be traded at the TDL.

Reading anything into a game or two is a fool's errand this season.

This season is over. Trade Braun now and bench Seeler to get prospects who should be playing, playing.

That's what you assured us repeatedly would happen. You guaranteed Seeler would be in the AHL and Braun would be the #7.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I guaranteed nothing.
Braun will be traded at the TDL, if not sooner.
Seeler is on a two way contract next year.

All these things will work out, but right now I wouldn't want any more clueless prospects in the lineup than they already have - this team is months away from having developed structure and good fundamentals - not the best environment for developing young players.

Reactions: flyerslducks

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I don't recall the concept of white pucks. His Seals' teams had white skates and that in itself was gaudy. When he owned the MLB A's, he advocated for orange baseballs which, IIRC, were used in exhibition games but not regular season. But white pucks? I would think goalies would have a say in that matter to say the least. Remember, some at the time complained that they couldn't see pucks against the black of the Cooperalls and that was one reason -- among others -- for a return to the traditional uniforms.

I seem to recall reading that lighting conditions in some arenas were poor and pucks tended to vanish into crowds, making life hell for goalies. But surely orange or yellow is a better solution than white.

Reactions: BiggE

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I guaranteed nothing.

All these things will work out, but right now I wouldn't want any more clueless prospects in the lineup than they already have - this team is months away from having developed structure and good fundamentals - not the best environment for developing young players.

No, you assured me that Seeler was "AHL fodder" and that Braun would be a perfect #7 and that I was making much ado about nothing when I assured you both would be regulars, blocking prospects.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

The very second I heard we play in a "young and dumb league" come out of his mouth I knew he had not changed .

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I guaranteed nothing.

Any more "clueless prospects" . Which prospects are you calling clueless ?

. There are way more vets struggling than prospects . Braun , Risto as well Seeler are having major problems turning the puck over in our own end creating major zone time for the other team . It's the easiest to blame the youth but it's far from the truth . Even the vets that are scoring are out for the most goals against .

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Any more "clueless prospects" . Which prospects are you calling clueless ?

. There are way more vets struggling than prospects . Braun , Risto as well Seeler are having major problems turning the puck over in our own end creating major zone time for the other team . It's the easiest to blame the youth but it's far from the truth . Even the vets that are scoring are out for the most goals against .
Risto is, by far, the worst player on this roster. And that is impressive in a truly horrible way considering how pathetic this roster is.

IT BEGINS.
If St Louis can’t win this game, the entire team and coaching staff should be flogged.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad