GDT: 12/6/22 - 7:00PM EDT - Detroit vs Tampa Bay

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Very frustrating game to watch. We did not play our best hockey but we did not have any sort of puck luck.
On to the next one

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Dismal performance overall. Great that they had a ton of shots on goal, but big deal if they aren't going in.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Big loss against a might-be rival.
That could possibly be the reason for the meh start. Bolts haven’t seen a good Detroit team in years. They’re not in rebuild mode anymore. They’re right there in the playoff hunt tied with us in points. Gotta get up for these games like we do against Toronto and Boston.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
It was so f***ing stupid to pull the goalie again so soon after the first pull. You have over 3:30 left, pull Vasy again if we're still trailing with under 2 minutes left. We were in complete control and had a chance to tie the game without the pull.

We just couldn't buy a goal in that third period before the end and Coop's bright idea was to put the worst offensive blackhole after Belly and Maroon on the team with Stammer and Kuch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It was so f***ing stupid to pull the goalie again so soon after the first pull. You have over 3:30 left, pull Vasy again if we're still trailing with under 2 minutes left. We were in complete control and had a chance to tie the game without the pull.

We just couldn't buy a goal in that third period before the end and Coop's bright idea was to put the worst offensive blackhole after Belly and Maroon on the team with Stammer and Kuch.
One of those things where, if it works, he looks like a genius, and, if it fails, he looks like a moron. I would have preferred something more conservative, just because we were controlling the play in general, and the empty netter took all the air out of our tires. I think I like it better when Cooper pulls the goalie more as a message to the team, like, "You guys suck tonight, so let's try 6 on 5 for the last half of the third," (vs. Florida, if I remember correctly).

I like pulling Vasy with A LOT of time left when we are down by more than one, because we have nothing to lose. Not a fan of doing it when we are down by just one.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
One of those things where, if it works, he looks like a genius, and, if it fails, he looks like a moron. I would have preferred something more conservative, just because we were controlling the play in general, and the empty netter took all the air out of our tires. I think I like it better when Cooper pulls the goalie more as a message to the team, like, "You guys suck tonight, so let's try 6 on 5 for the last half of the third," (vs. Florida, if I remember correctly).

I like pulling Vasy with A LOT of time left when we are down by more than one, because we have nothing to lose. Not a fan of doing it when we are down by just one.
Yeah, the problem I had with it was that we we're in complete control and didn't have to do it so early. Just unneccessary gambling. He already gabled and won with the first pull. Don't push your luck when you don't need to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad