Pre-Game Talk: (12/4/22 - 12/10/22) Week of pain and suffering, and now who's hurt?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I didn't recognize the guy but they had a former player on NHL Tonight earlier this week and Martin Kaut's name came up. The guy half-jokingly said he had a bone to pick to Kaut because apparently when he was still playing, Kaut hit him and injured his ribs. So, see? He ain't so soft.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I would go all in on Horvat if I were them. The center depth is weak. Stastny, Kotka, and Staal are not 2C material.

I think they'll grab a center (my guess is Toews)... but while Kotka isn't producing numbers, but he's been pretty solid between Necas and Svech (not as much when Necas gets swapped for Jarvis or TT). There is a solid underlying production and they have been snakebit a bit offensively. Even if the production comes, he's really more of a 3C caliber guy masquerading as their 2C.

Stastny has mostly been playing wing. Stepan is their 4C.

Reactions: Chiarelli

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yea I don't know how I feel about Georgiev tonight. He was so pumped after the last NYR game...

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

I really thought he would get claimed. I thought he was playing pretty good before he got sick. I also thought he was far from our worst player the last two games. I bet he gets another look before the normal troops are back.

George's confidence will be completely shot after he gets blasted tonight for 6 or 7. Would have rather had Frankie played this one.

At least MacDonald won't have to cover down low and can yolo all he wants on the wing.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Brad Hunt looked bad in the pre-season. I'm not sure how he's looked with the Eagles, but I'm optimistic he can provide something on the back end. Englund and MacDonald have been struggling mightily the last couple games.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Brad Hunt looked bad in the pre-season. I'm not sure how he's looked with the Eagles, but I'm optimistic he can provide something on the back end. Englund and MacDonald have been struggling mightily the last couple games.
Hunt has been one of the best players in the AHL. He's not a good defensemen, but when he is on, he can move the puck and provide offense.

Reactions: shadow1

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm not saying that we are going to win, but if we did, it might be the final blow because they loss to us, an injury riddled team.
To be fair, they were in an even deeper hole at the close of 2018, and we know what happened after that.

That said, thrilled if indeed a banged-up Avs team put another nail in their coffin today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad