Pre-Game Talk: (12/4/22 - 12/10/22) Week of pain and suffering, and now who's hurt?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I do love hearing "Charles Hudon" pronounced the French way.

Dude was pretty good in his prime. Guess we'll see if he has anything left.

So when is Kaut gonna be free of the plague?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Career AHLer who's close to PPG in the AHL. Usually doesn't look bad when he gets called up.

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Charles Whodon?

Foudy injury sucks, I was finally getting a glimpse of the potential that our prospect rankers already saw in him.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
This is going to get very ugly, very quickly. Mack, Mikko, Toewser, and Makar are gonna be run into the gound by Bedsy. Georgie and Frank gonna have to step it up even higher and start stoning some teams.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Its the right thing to do. We dont even have enough Top 6 forwards to load up 1 line so we might as well split Mack/Mikko up and at least have two lines that are potentially a threat from one player anyway. Makes it a little tougher to match up against.

I'm guessing(Hoping) we see...

Newhook - Rantanen - Hudon
Galchenyuk - Mack - Kaut
LOC - JTC - Cogliano
Hunt - Megna - Blidh

Good god that is f***ing awful

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Charlie has more talent than Kaut/Foudy. Sure their ceilings might be higher, but right now Hudon is definitely more skilled. He won’t look out of place in the offensive zone on this team.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Charlie has more talent than Kaut/Foudy. Sure their ceilings might be higher, but right now Hudon is definitely more skilled. He won’t look out of place in the offensive zone on this team.
You know everything is great when we're excited to see Hudon:sarcasm:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I said during the Bruins game the only thing that might save Galchenyuk from getting waived is the injuries. I was wrong, even the injuries couldn't save him after his performance is the few games he has played.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I said during the Bruins game the only thing that might save Galchenyuk from getting waived is the injuries. I was wrong, even the injuries couldn't save him after his performance is the few games he has played.

He got booted to the 4th line after that horrible giveaway, I'm guessing he'll be gonzo once players start retur--

--wait, never mind. We all know that's never going to happen.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Two players out Megna and Galchenyuk, one player in, Hudon? Is someone coming back from injury or Kaut maybe?

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'

Its the right thing to do. We dont even have enough Top 6 forwards to load up 1 line so we might as well split Mack/Mikko up and at least have two lines that are potentially a threat from one player anyway. Makes it a little tougher to match up against.

I'm guessing(Hoping) we see...

Newhook - Rantanen - Hudon
Galchenyuk - Mack - Kaut
LOC - JTC - Cogliano
Hunt - Megna - Blidh

Good god that is f***ing awful

LOL what a lineup. It's f***ing comical at this point

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I really don't think the ice time is an issue. This was a topic all last season as well and they were fine in the playoffs.

Makar is actually averaging less even strength ice time per game than last season. His increase is from special teams, which I don't believe is as taxing.

MacKinnon is averaging like an extra 40 secs per game at even strength with his increase coming from PP time. Ditto for Mikko whose at an extra 22 secs at EV.

Toews is less than last season across the board except on the PK.

They're all playing a lot and among the most in the league at their positions but they were last season too. It's what's required from the best players in the league and they're not alone. They'll also probably get some rest before the playoffs again because they'll have things on lock well before the end of the regular season, even with the slow start due to all of these injuries.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I really don't think the ice time is an issue. This was a topic all last season as well and they were fine in the playoffs.

Makar is actually averaging less even strength ice time per game than last season. His increase is from special teams, which I don't believe is as taxing.

MacKinnon is averaging like an extra 40 secs per game at even strength with his increase coming from PP time. Ditto for Mikko whose at an extra 22 secs at EV.

Toews is less than last season across the board except on the PK.

They're all playing a lot and among the most in the league at their positions but they were last season too. It's what's required from the best players in the league and they're not alone. They'll also probably get some rest before the playoffs again because they'll have things on lock well before the end of the regular season, even with the slow start due to all of these injuries.

Makar's increase is mostly PK time... which I'd argue are the most taxing minutes a player can play.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I'm very confused about tonight's roster. We learned that Foudy and Lehky both got injured, plus we waived Chunky and Megna, but then only called up Hudon and now Kaut is back from injury. So that's 4 roster spots down and only 2 filled...... Are we playing without a full roster tonight?

Reactions: Metallo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad