GDT: 12/4/16 - Wild @ Oilers - 8:30 PM CT / 4:30 AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Dumba's not producing on the PP right now. Simple as that. I don't think it's a full time deal.

I agree that Zucker has been real solid lately. He makes a dumb pass or two a game but he looks much improved. He needs to start potting a few more though.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Did you call into Wild fanline? Because that's pretty much the extent of our power here. How do you suggest we don't let it slide?

Stop giving them your money.

Yeah our teams suck cause of the fans. Nothing to do with the players.

I know you're not saying that, but to suggest we're mediocre because of fan expectations is dumb.

I said our teams suck because the fans don't demand more. They buy tickets, and stadiums and merchandise and blah blah blah.

wow roon seriously? whats your formula for success that we & gmcf cant figure out?

Stop buying tickets. Starving the team of money is about the fastest way I know of to wake up Craig Leopold to the fact that GMCF put together a very inconsistent team. I was a season ticket holder....I put my money where my mouth is and stopped going to games. Haven't been to a game in 2 years and won't spend my money to go.

As far as my opinion goes - There isn't a lack of skill on this team. There is no excuse for a guy making 3 million plus a year to put a pass in someones skates. The mental lapses are just inexcusable at that level. The amount of turnovers and give away's and momentum killing mistakes from the Wild so far this year is just incredibly frustrating.

Dumba is a waste of a roster spot. Trade him for some more talent in the top 6 either here or in Iowa and cut Prosser.

You can't have Granlund playing that grinding style down low in the corner. He isn't built for it and loses the puck way to often. Stick him with Staal and Coyle and let them do that work down low as Mikko is way to lazy and cant seem to be bothered to take that on.

And for the love of all that is holy clean up the mental mistakes.

NotYou

Sep 21, 2014
Great win but I worry more about the state of these boards and the ads they allow. The site becomes legit unusable if you don't click their bs car ad.... If you're strapped for cash, don't double down on the thing that everyone hates...

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I'll only use the boards on a PC with ******* now since they're unethical in their ads. Shameful

Quoted for truth. **** off with the full screen stuff

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Hmm... I haven't purchased a ticket in 3 years and I can't remember the last piece of merchandise that I bought, maybe a hat a year or so ago. But I watch pretty much every game, so I guess the fact that I am included in their ratings means I am giving them a very small sliver of their advertising dollars. I can't tell if I'm holding them accountable or not. Please help.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I ended up subscribing to HF to lose the adds. To me, it's worth it...HFB Is a bargain as far as entertainment goes.

Agree that the adds are way too invasive. Hard to click off on my iPad.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

I said our teams suck because the fans don't demand more. They buy tickets, and stadiums and merchandise and blah blah blah.

Stop buying tickets. Starving the team of money is about the fastest way I know of to wake up Craig Leopold to the fact that GMCF put together a very inconsistent team. I was a season ticket holder....I put my money where my mouth is and stopped going to games. Haven't been to a game in 2 years and won't spend my money to go.

As far as my opinion goes - There isn't a lack of skill on this team. There is no excuse for a guy making 3 million plus a year to put a pass in someones skates. The mental lapses are just inexcusable at that level. The amount of turnovers and give away's and momentum killing mistakes from the Wild so far this year is just incredibly frustrating.

Dumba is a waste of a roster spot. Trade him for some more talent in the top 6 either here or in Iowa and cut Prosser.

You can't have Granlund playing that grinding style down low in the corner. He isn't built for it and loses the puck way to often. Stick him with Staal and Coyle and let them do that work down low as Mikko is way to lazy and cant seem to be bothered to take that on.

The wild cleaned up their play in the 3rd; give them credit for that. We were moving the puck really well and getting it out of our zone perfectly. Although Dumba could improve, he did get an assist on the winner I'm pretty sure.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

It's really easy to just say "We need to not have mental mistakes". How do you get that? Do you really think the coaching staff and GM and Owner watch the games and think "Yeah that's all fine, that turnover - oh well, let's just sit on our hands and not try to fix anything"?

You say Dumba is a waste of a roster spot, but then think that he can get top-6 talent? Also you can't cut players in the NHL. Also if you think Dumba is a waste of a roster spot you should really watch some other teams and see some of the defenders that get ice time.

Also Granlund has played his best hockey when he's in that "grinding style" the kid can forecheck and is good defensively and can make some things happen when he gets the puck on the forecheck. Granlund doesn't have much of a shot and isn't an elite offensive talent, so if he's not forechecking and playing good defense he's not adding a lot when he's on the ice. Granlund's OT goal vs. the Avs all started because he wasn't afraid to do work in the corners and down low.

Also calling Mikko lazy? He's overly cautious and doesn't want to get caught down low - letting the other team break the puck up ice easily. That's frustrating sometimes but that's his game, it's nothing to do with laziness. He's slowed down over the years and that's his body breaking down, not laziness.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Great win but I worry more about the state of these boards and the ads they allow. The site becomes legit unusable if you don't click their bs car ad.... If you're strapped for cash, don't double down on the thing that everyone hates...

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I'll only use the boards on a PC with ******* now since they're unethical in their ads. Shameful

Amen.

If I was more of a home-body and used a computer often it wouldn't be much of an issue.

But on a phone? Pffffft, forget about it. Especially this recent Honda ad... half of the time I can't even press links after it's finished. So I refresh the page, and bam, another ad for my enjoyment.

Honestly, Twitter is quickly becoming my preferred method to talk hockey...

Quoted for truth. **** off with the full screen stuff

If you notice any invasive/annoying ads, please create a thread on the support forum.

It might not make a difference right away, but in the long run, it does.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's really easy to just say "We need to not have mental mistakes". How do you get that? Do you really think the coaching staff and GM and Owner watch the games and think "Yeah that's all fine, that turnover - oh well, let's just sit on our hands and not try to fix anything"?

You say Dumba is a waste of a roster spot, but then think that he can get top-6 talent? Also you can't cut players in the NHL. Also if you think Dumba is a waste of a roster spot you should really watch some other teams and see some of the defenders that get ice time.

Also Granlund has played his best hockey when he's in that "grinding style" the kid can forecheck and is good defensively and can make some things happen when he gets the puck on the forecheck. Granlund doesn't have much of a shot and isn't an elite offensive talent, so if he's not forechecking and playing good defense he's not adding a lot when he's on the ice. Granlund's OT goal vs. the Avs all started because he wasn't afraid to do work in the corners and down low.

Also calling Mikko lazy? He's overly cautious and doesn't want to get caught down low - letting the other team break the puck up ice easily. That's frustrating sometimes but that's his game, it's nothing to do with laziness. He's slowed down over the years and that's his body breaking down, not laziness.

:handclap::handclap:

two most exciting things for me last night were Zucker's continued "zippy" play(reminds me of his play before being concussed in the outdoor game) and Scandella's first "good" game this year.

Not mentioning Doobs shows how much we are taking him for granted. Just a rock back there.

Koivu won 21 of 23 FO's!!! That, and an OT GWG, and a pretty one at that. Not bad for an old man.

Nino needs to go back with Staal and Coyle. I like him with Haula, but even more with Staal, and Parise needs a new look.

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

I'm just not really connecting your points. So fans should stop buying tickets so it hurts the owner. You don't think Leipold is committed to winning? He gave the go-ahead to be a cap team and continually spend big bucks in an attempt to win a championship. I think most Wild fans are happy with him, with the only gripe potentially being if you think GMCF should get axed.

But you also say we aren't lacking skill, so it's the coach's fault and not the GM's? It's month two with a new coach and system. You can argue we're the least talented offensive team in the Central but sitting in 3rd place. I just don't really know who you're blaming here and how the solution is magically going to appear when we stop buying tickets. That's not going to make Pominville's contract disappear.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
And putting this separately since it's unrelated, but wow, 21/23 from the dot is insane!

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Parise was great, could have scored at least 4-5 times. Little concerning about the breakaways and not converting...including shootouts last couple years, he hasn't been able to get a lot by in 1 on 1 situations. Memory is very spotty about regular season last season in that regard though.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
It was good he was getting chances. Not so good he wasn't converting. He had the goalie beat on that shot off the post. Bad luck.

Is it my imagination, or is Pominville playing better? I've been on his case for almost 3 years now, and his days of being a top line player are gone, but he is actually looking "handy' out there. I do like that he is always looking to get his shot off, which is a quality lacking at times on our team. Seems a but grindier out there.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah I feel like Pommer is never a liability on the ice and has been playing solid. He'll just always be under fire for his production not matching his salary.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think he's been okay, especially for the role they need him for. I'm not sure I like him on the point for the PP still...maybe at one point in his career he had the shot to do something from there but I just don't think he has enough power any more to be any sort of threat from that far away.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think he's been okay, especially for the role they need him for. I'm not sure I like him on the point for the PP still...maybe at one point in his career he had the shot to do something from there but I just don't think he has enough power any more to be any sort of threat from that far away.

Agreed, and i'm on record for despising him in that role, but the way our PP was going last night I actually welcomed the change. I think Granlund being off his game kind of hurt the PP, but nothing was working very well.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota

They don't appear to be putting in much effort. This is what, year 3 or 4 of the same ****?

Yes, he could get top 6 talent in a league that gave Clarkson the contract that he got. You know exactly what I meant when I said cut Prosser. You are just being pedantic for the sake of being pedantic.

He cannot hang onto the puck. Simple as that. He is giving up 50+ pounds to most everyone that is defending him down low. Does he make it work sometimes? Sure. More often than not though the result is loss of possession...and that can't be ok.

Well, when you have Granlund coughing up the puck everytime a defender touches him I can see the concern for them breaking the puck up ice. There is nothing stating that Mikko can't let Granlund play high and he go low even though Mikko is technically the center....so I am going to stick with my laziness claim.

I'm just not really connecting your points. So fans should stop buying tickets so it hurts the owner. You don't think Leipold is committed to winning? He gave the go-ahead to be a cap team and continually spend big bucks in an attempt to win a championship. I think most Wild fans are happy with him, with the only gripe potentially being if you think GMCF should get axed.

I do question whether or not the owner that is keeping GMCF employed is committed to winning. Voting with your pocket book is the only real power fan's have.

But you also say we aren't lacking skill, so it's the coach's fault and not the GM's?

Just because the team has talent doesn't mean it is a well constructed team. Nail Yakupov has talent. Dubnyk has talent. Look what they did in Edmonton. So I would say that it is your point that doesn't make much sense.

It's month two with a new coach and system. You can argue we're the least talented offensive team in the Central but sitting in 3rd place. I just don't really know who you're blaming here and how the solution is magically going to appear when we stop buying tickets. That's not going to make Pominville's contract disappear.

It will make the GM that gave Pominville his contract disappear and that is about the best you can hope for.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Okay, so it boils down to you thinking the team isn't well constructed and GMCF should go. With most teams up against the cap, there aren't many options to make significant trades, especially with expansion looming. 1Cs are almost impossible to trade for, so hard to blame Fletch for not trading for one. Johansen didn't turn Nashville into Chicago.

The difference in opinion is whether or not to support the team, and it sounds like you clearly don't from what you're saying. Not worth arguing any more on this then. Roster construction is an entirely different discussion.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
You could argue that NSH was treading water with that Johansen/Jones trade.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So what are the thoughts on Boudreau playing Prosser twice and scratching Olofsson, and swapping out Dumba for Pominville on the power play? Two things that would've had the board going ballistic on Yeo; Boudreau gets a pass based his resume?

Olofsson/Prosser: I'm wondering if partially it's a LHS/RHS thing for BB. It's also the NW road trip, so they would want to have an extra d-man and FWD. It could also be that BB doesn't trust Scandella/Dumba enough to play Brodin on his offhand. If Scandella was playing well game in and game out, then I'd want to see what Olofsson has. Maybe BB told Prosser if he shaved the stache he'd play him?

Dumba/Pommer: The PP hasn't been good, so mix it up and see if something clicks. Haula got out there for some PP time last night. I'm still not a fan of Granny/Koivu on the ice at the same time for the PP.

I'd rather have 1 passer and 2 shooters, not 2 passer and 1 shooter for the FWD group. Heck right now they could put Graovac or Stewie out there and tell him just to plant himself net front. Besides giving up a shorty, what's the worst that could happen? The Wild don't get a shot in their 2 min PP... :popcorn:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
BB gets a pass because he doesn't do the same thing over and over on the PP, but is willing to try something new, or at least retry something that hasn't been done for a long time. In other words, he doesn't do the "legacy" thing.

I would be up in arms about Olofsson/Prosser...figured in Calgary it was because they anticipated a physical contest, and Prosser would be cannon fodder. EDM is now sneaky big with Maroon and Lucic. Sure nuff, prosser lays out McDavid with a big hit, and draws a retaliation penalty.

Hope to see Olofsson against TML. Who knows, maybe he hasn't looked good in practice?

Basically, we're not on BB because we're not tired of him. He's been a breath of fresh air. His takes on our players have been refreshing.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
roon, what if we all stop buying tickets in protest & the team relocates? isnt that like shooting yourself in the foot? all nhl players do not have equal talent. you may say this group of players can win the cup if they just try hard enough but i think thats not realistic. when you commented mites try hard & skate fast what does that have to do with the nhl? name one slow team that won the cup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad