Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
"I don't usually shoot hockey pucks, but when I do, it's a backhand "

The grumpiest Captain in the world.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Great to see us turn it around after the awful start. Number of guys played very well, coyle showed beast mode a couple times, Nino as well once, and Brodin continues to impress. Also nice to see the coaches giving players more time for playing well (brodin) and seeing if other line combos could work...? 3-12-22 and parise with haula

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I don't think you can overlook Parise's decision to back the puck out of the zone a minute earlier. Instead of probably losing possession on a dump, I think we kept it the whole time after that until the goal. Maybe I'm misremembering, but the point still stands. I think it's smart to back it out since we all know how important possession is 3v3.

Yeah he was definitely going to get pinched up against the blue line and lose the puck if he tried to stay in the zone.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Great win but I worry more about the state of these boards and the ads they allow. The site becomes legit unusable if you don't click their bs car ad.... If you're strapped for cash, don't double down on the thing that everyone hates...

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I'll only use the boards on a PC with ******* now since they're unethical in their ads. Shameful

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Great win but I worry more about the state of these boards and the ads they allow. The site becomes legit unusable if you don't click their bs car ad.... If you're strapped for cash, don't double down on the thing that everyone hates...

You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I'll only use the boards on a PC with ******* now since they're unethical in their ads. Shameful

Amen.

If I was more of a home-body and used a computer often it wouldn't be much of an issue.

But on a phone? Pffffft, forget about it. Especially this recent Honda ad... half of the time I can't even press links after it's finished. So I refresh the page, and bam, another ad for my enjoyment.

Honestly, Twitter is quickly becoming my preferred method to talk hockey...

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Sarcastic? 3rd period and OT were anything but

I don't find shotless PPs and Granlund getting stuck out on the ice for 2 mins. in terribly exciting no.

Not a lot of sustained offensive pressure from the Wild tonight and the Oil were not much better IMO.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Coyle was the difference for the Wild. He put on his own little show a few times. Stickhandleing around the entire Oilers team a couple of time. He really came to life when Nino traded spots with Parise.

Brodin was good and had a couple of long shifts: the 5v3 (to start), and the first OT shift. I thought the game was over when he and Granny were stuck on the ice for the first ~90 secs.

Parise seems to fit well on the 3rd line. He never looked synced up with Staal/Coyle. He knows how Pommer plays, and Haula is a the fast/shooting center that he should thrive with. If anything the line should get some tougher matchups and help open up the Staal and Koivu lines some.

Scandella had probably his best game of the year.

Draisaitl for the Oilers impressed me. Good with the stick, nice shoot, fast. I like his game better than Eberle's already.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I question whether or not anyone saying the Wild turned it around or played well was actually watching the game.

That was some of the sloppiest hockey I have seen. The Wild have been borderline unwatchable the last few games. Passes in skates - double digit turn overs next to zero sustained O-Zone time. They got lucky in this one because they certainly didn't deserve to win it with their play.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i thought the wild hustled & skated fast which is what i want to see. did we play flawless hockey? not hardly. PP is still painful to watch. good 2 points in the standings, i just wish we didn't give edm 1.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I question whether or not anyone saying the Wild turned it around or played well was actually watching the game.

That was some of the sloppiest hockey I have seen. The Wild have been borderline unwatchable the last few games. Passes in skates - double digit turn overs next to zero sustained O-Zone time. They got lucky in this one because they certainly didn't deserve to win it with their play.

Sometimes you play great and lose, other times not so great and win. Oilers aren't the pushovers of old, I guess I wasn't expecting a whooping.

I did think they were noticeably better than the Vancouver/Calgary games though.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
i thought the wild hustled & skated fast which is what i want to see. did we play flawless hockey? not hardly. PP is still painful to watch. good 2 points in the standings, i just wish we didn't give edm 1.

Seriously? Any Mite team can hustle and skate fast. That is not a good standard to hold a professional ice hockey team to. This roster has FAR to many veterans on it to be playing like this.

This is why MN sports teams are always mediocre. They get a win and the fans just let the crap slide.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Seriously? Any Mite team can hustle and skate fast. That is not a good standard to hold a professional ice hockey team to. This roster has FAR to many veterans on it to be playing like this.

This is why MN sports teams are always mediocre. They get a win and the fans just let the crap slide.

Did you call into Wild fanline? Because that's pretty much the extent of our power here. How do you suggest we don't let it slide?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah our teams suck cause of the fans. Nothing to do with the players.

I know you're not saying that, but to suggest we're mediocre because of fan expectations is dumb.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Happy to see Scandella play well. We need to get him and his strength back on the back end. At one point he and Lucic were close to going at it...Marco isn't foolhardy like Prosser, and he knew Lucic is a tough one, but you can tell he would do what he had to. Would prefer he gets more healing time on his knee before he does, though.

Zucker seems to be overlooked. I think he is playing really well. He is always going to make the odd ill advised pass, but his jump and speed out there is palpable, and his speed makes not only his rushes, but his backchecking, effective. One time he came screaming back to negate a 3v2 Mcdavid Rush. Not to many guys are going to be able to do that.

Dumba wasn't bad, but not good. Isn't doing much on the offensive end.

Granlund didn't really have that bad of a game, he just looked bad. Did that awkward falling down thing, like he is wearing someone else's skates.

I love the way BB coaches. Everyone gets a chance. That's the way you develop a team . If you know that good ( or bad) play will be rewarded, then everyone tries.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
So what are the thoughts on Boudreau playing Prosser twice and scratching Olofsson, and swapping out Dumba for Pominville on the power play? Two things that would've had the board going ballistic on Yeo; Boudreau gets a pass based his resume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad