GDT: 12/31/16 - Wild vs. Blue Jackets - 5PM CT / 1AM Suomi - FSN - Unsustainabowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I mean, how is what happened with Granlund any different than all the hits two players do on each other when they're going for a puck that's been dumped in?

It's the leeway issue I mentioned... if the Ref thinks he could have reasonably avoided the hit knowing the puck was gone, he may call it.

It's very subjective and there may only be a second or even a half second difference in what the Refs think is interference and what isn't.

Ceiu

Oct 31, 2011
Man... I get that losses happen, but it really stings when you can look at a handful of players not performing as the primary cause.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Really it wasn't a bad game. Scandella looked lost tonight and it hurt on the scoreboard.

Atkinson > Parise was the difference.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Jackets fan in peace. Great game guys!! I truly hope we see you again in June! You guys have one helluva team! Good luck in your next winning streak!

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Well, that one hurts. But considering how it got all the last minute hype, part of me isn't surprised.

What sucks is you can actually point to a few specific players not performing as major culprits: Parise... I mean I know his heart's in it, but sweet jesus, how do you miss that open net?!? That was the first major turning point for me. Of course another was Pominville bumbling the puck that turned into the breakaway goal for CBJ in the 1st.

Scariest yet is that was the second or third game in a row now where Dubnyk didn't look very good. A casual-fan friend of mine watching the game summed a lot of our fears up best, I think: "Bobrovsky looks like a really good goaltender; Dubnyk just kinda looks...big." :facepalm:

And I don't even know what to say about the zebras trying to take the game over and suck the passion out as best they could with the game misconduct to Dumba. I guess(?) that's a rule now, but it is so infrequently an issue that, well honestly, I forgot how much I missed non-staged fighting.

Alas.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Man... I get that losses happen, but it really stings when you can look at a handful of players not performing as the primary cause.

It was a good game against a good team... yes the Wild missed on a few chances, but making even one of them would have changed absolutely everything, so who knows what would have happened after.

No shame in losing to such a good team when the Wild played as well as they did.

We knew we were going to lose at some point, better the streak ends vs such a good team rather than crapping the bed against a bottom feeder!

Lets just rest up and start a new streak in SJ on Thursday!

We don't do well in Cali, do we? Dubs needs to recover from the last two games, and so does the defense. Yucky past two games for them.

You are still thinking how the team was under Yeo. BB knows the Cali teams and has loads of success against them.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
So Dumba didn't know about the rule that got him kicked out, eh? Now might be a good time to go over the rulebook, boys. :biglaugh:

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
So Dumba didn't know about the rule that got him kicked out, eh? Now might be a good time to go over the rulebook, boys. :biglaugh:

Like I said above, it's one of those things that happens so infrequently these days as the NHL tries its hardest to get fighting out of the game, I'm sure it never comes up during any pregame chalk talks ;)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Like I said above, it's one of those things that happens so infrequently these days as the NHL tries its hardest to get fighting out of the game, I'm sure it never comes up during any pregame chalk talks ;)
Yeah, but of all games, it had to happen in the Unsustainabowl. ;) Really felt like that was the moment that turned things south. It was a good trade-off for the Jackets.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Yeah, but of all games, it had to happen in the Unsustainabowl. ;) Really felt like that was the moment that turned things south. It was a good trade-off for the Jackets.

Yeah, no kidding. If I'm honest though, it kinda smacked me upside the head with how much I actually miss legitimate fighting in the NHL. Don't get me wrong, I am totally happy without two 3 minutes-per-night face punchers going through the motions once per game, but this was NOT that, by a longshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad