GDT: 12/31/16 - Wild vs. Blue Jackets - 5PM CT / 1AM Suomi - FSN - Unsustainabowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
:wild vs. :cbj

cEfUBjW.jpg

NHL.com

ST. PAUL -- Saturday's game between the Minnesota Wild and Columbus Blue Jackets will be more than just a clash of historic win streaks. It also pits two of the NHL's top teams in a number of statistical categories.

Columbus and its 3.44 goals per game is most in the NHL. Minnesota, allowing just two goals per game, gives up the fewest.

The Blue Jackets, converting at 28 percent on the power play, are the League's best team with the man advantage. The Wild, which kills 85.6 percent of opponent's power plays, is fifth-best in the NHL on the PK.

Minnesota goaltender Devan Dubnyk leads the League with a .944 save percentage. Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky is first with 23 victories.

In this case, the metrics provide an accurate depiction of where each team is at in the standings. Columbus, which carries a 14-game winning streak into the game, has an NHL-best 54 points, including just five regulation losses.

Minnesota, riding a 12-game streak, has 50 points, one fewer than the Chicago Blackhawks. But the Wild has a game in hand and is the only team in the Western Conference with fewer than 10 regulation defeats (eight).

Across the board, Columbus has been the League's best team for a bulk of the season. Its 117 goals for are 10 fewer than both Pittsburgh and the New York Rangers, but the Jackets have several games in hand on both. They've allowed just 70 goals, tied with the Wild for fewest. Minnesota has played one more game, however.

Unsustainabowl_zpspgomlxih.gif

credit - NHL1674

Go Wild Go! :pillow:​

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
So excited for this! Just hoping for a good game. I think our defense will be much better than against NYI.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Haha, love the gif, NHL1674!

I'm so pumped to get down to the X. I'm expecting a tight game, hoping to see our guys come out on top to extend the streak to a baker's dozen!

WierdRelative

Dec 31, 2016
not sure what would make me happier, breaking CBJ's streak or leap frogging the hawks for 1st place!!

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
Going to the game tonight. Pretty sure it is my first game this year. Can't wait to see the showdown with our expansion brother.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Should be a good game, but anyone expecting something like the hype it's getting will be let down. Don't get me wrong, I'm very hyped that something like this happened, but the game itself will just be another game. Hope the players realize that pretty quickly too. No doubt some of them will be thinking about the hype early on.

HYPE!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
And people say the Wild trap hard. The Lightning, in that video, reach a whole different level.

I start work at 5pm (same time the game starts) and finish at 3am. Since it's free to watch on NHL.tv, does anyone know if I could stream it through there after I get off work, so I can still watch it?

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
And people say the Wild trap hard. The Lightning, in that video, reach a whole different level.

I start work at 5pm (same time the game starts) and finish at 3am. Since it's free to watch on NHL.tv, does anyone know if I could stream it through there after I get off work, so I can still watch it?

Not sure how it works when it's not live anymore, but I'm pretty sure it's blacked out for the Twin Cities when it is. Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer, but I wouldn't personally count on it working.

WierdRelative

Dec 31, 2016

it will be blacked out in wild viewing area until 48hrs after the game ends. NHL.tv app is available on pretty much every platfrom. phone,tablet,computer etc...

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I want a low-scoring, slow, neutral-zone focused game just to annoy all the non-MIN/CBJ fans that are watching.

Knowing the wild and looking at the stats, both teams know how to freeze a game. Non-fans just think it's all about the goalies, but at least the Wild lineup can get really defensive at times.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm going to have to avoid the TV in the break room in all likelihood at work tonight. Gonna watch this as soon as I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad