GDT: 12/31/14 - 6:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I actually think Palat would be the guy to get Stamkos going. Guy is a possession monster and can open the ice for stamkos.

If Coop wants to break up TKO, say we enter a goal drought and go on a major losing streak, if and only if he decides to break the hottest line in the league he'll likely go with this...

Drouin - Stamkos - Kucherov
Palat - Johnson - Callahan
Killorn - Flip - Paquette
Morrow - Boyle - Connolly/Brown

But highly doubt this happens. Although would be a real ***** to play against that 2nd line. 3 two-way shut down forwards who can all score. Damn. Maybe in the future, it's only been 39 games into this season, anything can happen down the road. These guys are locked in for several seasons. But right now lets keep with what we have.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
I know this q of mine gets annoying but again why can't we double shift Kuch or palat or both for about 2 shifts per period with Stamkos. Just so we could get to the bottom of the mystery.

all my life I have seen guys double shift. they love it. for whole season ok the answer is no.

a few games is all im asking.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I know this q of mine gets annoying but again why can't we double shift Kuch or palat or both for about 2 shifts per period with Stamkos. Just so we could get to the bottom of the mystery.

all my life I have seen guys double shift. they love it. for whole season ok the answer is no.

a few games is all im asking.

If we are losing by more than one goal double shifting will certainly happen as the coach will try and get some instant chemistry with their top forwards. This happened in the Toronto game I believe . but when the score is tied why push guys more who can then become a defense liability as they will get tired. If a lead happens and the game is late you will usually see quick shifts out there.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
If we are losing by more than one goal double shifting will certainly happen as the coach will try and get some instant chemistry with their top forwards. This happened in the Toronto game I believe . but when the score is tied why push guys more who can then become a defense liability as they will get tired. If a lead happens and the game is late you will usually see quick shifts out there.

We had a handful of games where it barely seemed like we had set lines. Other than TKO, guys seemed to be coming out almost at random. Kucherov did get a shift or two with Stamkos, if memory serves. And Stamkos's wingers, even now, tend to depend on the situation. He starts the game with 27/13, but sooner or later we'll see him take a D zone faceoff with 17 or 51 on his wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00