GDT: 12/31/14 - 6:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Buffalo

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
Kuch will have more goals than Stamkos (who?) at the end of the year. Bold 2015 prediction.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Victory!

tumblr_mbyaohQmxM1rh5yb2o1_r2_500.gif

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Cooper's starting to piss me off.

I understand favoring your scoring line, but if he wants Stammer to perform he has to lose Packy. He's too immature to read the play for someone like Stammer, and he's turned it over/caused the turnover at LEAST 12 times tonight. Drouin and Stammer can't get anything going if they can't get in the zone.

Besides that, might as well try moving around some players and see what happens for the hell of it.

Stammer just needs someone with a little more vision to really get going. He hit the post tonight twice, he nearly had 2 goals (besides the posts).

Maybe try Stammer/Johnson/Drouin and see what happens with Palat/Filpulla/Kucherov as the second line.

Not something "long term" but just to test it. I don't want to split up the kid line, but if they could get the same performance from those lines just imagine....

Raymones

Aug 2, 2005
Sweden
That line is just amazing. A real snooze-fest, just 7 shots for half-way through, and just like that it's 5-1..

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011

I understand favoring your scoring line, but if he wants Stammer to perform he has to lose Packy. He's too immature to read the play for someone like Stammer, and he's turned it over/caused the turnover at LEAST 12 times tonight. Drouin and Stammer can't get anything going if they can't get in the zone.

Besides that, might as well try moving around some players and see what happens for the hell of it.

Stammer just needs someone with a little more vision to really get going. He hit the post tonight twice, he nearly had 2 goals (besides the posts).

Maybe try Stammer/Johnson/Drouin and see what happens with Palat/Filpulla/Kucherov as the second line.

Not something "long term" but just to test it. I don't want to split up the kid line, but if they could get the same performance from those lines just imagine....

We're not breaking up TKO just to get Stamkos going.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
We're not breaking up TKO just to get Stamkos going.

Breaking up lines is exactly what we should do. We know they work and they click. For 20 minutes, see what happens...

If the same results start coming in from not one, but two lines...

That's the coaches job. To continuously try new combinations and figure out what works best.

P.S. I'm not saying break it up long term. Just want to make that clear. I'm just saying test the chemistry.

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Breaking up lines is exactly what we should do. We know they work and they click. For 20 minutes, see what happens...

That's the coaches job. To continuously try new combinations and figure out what works best.

I'd like to agree, but don't screw around with perfection. Stamkos is still getting some chances, he hit two freaking posts. Goals will inevitably come.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Cooper broke up the lines last game to get things going then put them back afterwards, seems like he's making smart choices to me.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
10 saves for Vasy

I laughed way too hard at this :laugh:

I'd like to agree, but don't screw around with perfection. Stamkos is still getting some chances, he hit two freaking posts. Goals will inevitably come.

3 posts technically, we have a little notepad where we tally it :)

Cooper broke up the lines last game to get things going then put them back afterwards, seems like he's making smart choices to me.

Agreed, I like that he started testing stuff. But I'm mainly wanting to see the Stammer/Johnny/Drouin line. I don't want to see it for long, I just want to see it.

The big thing we have to realize is we cannot conceivably keep all of the players we have in the coming years (I'm thinking ahead). If we can make Stammer produce like no other as a winger, have Johnson as center, and Drouin as the other wing --- does it work?

That's all I care about.

Because we'll without a doubt lose one of the TKO's at the very least. We just don't have the money to keep all of them + Stamkos + Drouin, etc.

I also want to see if we can make Kuch and Pally work with someone like Fily. I'm not saying we have to change it up for the remainder of the season, I'm simply saying just imagine what could happen...

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo

I agree, with Stammer going they go from a good team to a great team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad