GDT: 12/31/13 "Rang In The New Year" - Rangers VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Slot this one under "played a heck off a game and lost".

Look, the harsh reality is this team is not built to score a lot and our young core is not dominant enough to do it all on their own. The only way we sneak into the playoffs is a fantastic second half combined with other teams in front of us struggling. Otherwise, we don't score, so ya, we're seeing that all the time. It's frustrating. Tallon better be watching.

Barkov, Huby and Boyes all have more than one move in the SO. USE IT! They don't think they're getting scouted?! Seriously, wtf is that mentality. "Oh, I'll use the SAME move everytime, see what happens". These guys need some better advice in that category. Frans Neilsen. 2 moves. Great execution. That's it.

Frans Neilsen: Backhand, forehand, backhand, forehand, forehand, backhand, forehand, backhand, backhand, forehand..

Diversify YOUR MOVES!!

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
well i was surprised barkov tried that move again, i guess he figured try it till it failed so maybe we'll see something different next time. huberdeau has 3 to 4 different moves, he has a go-to one that he used today that i was happy about because it almost always works and i dont think he used it last SO, lundqvist just poked checked it unfortunately. and boyes is like mueller and just goes 5-hole, which im actually fine with.
sucked that we lost, played better than them all game long, just unfortunate but we did give them that final chance there, and they made it count.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Weaver getting 24.5 minutes while Olsen gets 11 minutes of ice time to me is unacceptable. Weaver is a 3rd pairing 5'8 - 5'9 foot defenseman and though the guy has heart and is willing to block any shot even if it means in the face and i like having in him on our team, late in games and especially a one goal game he should not see so much ice time because he does very often get over powered behind the net or in the corners and especially late in a game like this where NY was pressing, Weaver was having a hard time handling the frantic play. Olsen is physically better equipped to handle the rangers down low and I can't understand how Weaver got this time. I don't care if Horachek didn't want a young inexperienced Petrovic out there and he wants to keep them together. We are going to lose more close games like this while Guds is out if contiues to put a physically over matched Weaver in with Kulikov late in games. Olsen played a pretty good game too in his limited ice time and why no powerplay time for him? His scoring since hes been here is 5 on 5. Lets see what he can do on the powerplay. He seems to have good instincts as to when to shoot the puck and he gets it on net consistantly when he does. Tired of seeing Kulikov and "He shoots wide!" Fleischmann playing the point here.

Hockeycast

Aug 31, 2011
Finland
Wasn't able to catch the game yesterday due to a party but
Happy New Year! :cheers: :party: :newyear:
On a side note: This Winter Classic is going to be EPIC :yo:

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Barkov with over 22 minutes of icetime. I think that is a bit too much for him this season. Considering that, I wouldn't put the loss solely on him and his failed shoot out attempt against Lundqvist.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I always feel terrible when the hometown fans have to deal with a home game for an opponent. For that reason alone, I pull so hard to win these games. It makes me sooooo angry all the loud Ranger fans get to leave happy. Sucks.

Jan 19, 2006
Kopecky should be strapped to a chair eyes propped open Clockwork Orange style and forced to watch his bone headed play and subsequent game tying goal on infinite video loop.

Inexcusable for a veteran to do something so mind numbingly stupid.

Oh, and Happy New Year everyone... :D

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Barkov with over 22 minutes of icetime. I think that is a bit too much for him this season. Considering that, I wouldn't put the loss solely on him and his failed shoot out attempt against Lundqvist.

What? Why would anyone put the loss on him at all? That's ridiculous! He played an incredible game and was directly responsible for Boyes' goal. And there were two other shooters in the SO.

Kopecky should be strapped to a chair eyes propped open Clockwork Orange style and forced to watch his bone headed play and subsequent game tying goal on infinite video loop.

Lol, agreed. Timmy played way too well for that.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com

Barkov was the best player on the ice for both teams other than the goaltenders. He was responsible for setting up the goal we scored and he took away a goal from NY when he hustled on the back check to break up a sure goal on a 2-1. There were other plays he set up as well that Boyes couldnt finish. A better player than Boyes on that line has 2 goals yesterday. Barkov is just starting to make others players better around him which he we haven't seen on this team for a very very long time. Him not scoring in the shoot out doesn't take away from that. He's getting the ice time because he's starting to look like a 2 way horse.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Barkov was awesome the whole game. So great that he's finally getting the points. Expect a big second half from the kid.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I hope you all had a great new year. I turned this game off after Bjugs gave up his face for the cause and the team couldn't get a goal for him during the double minor. That stuff infuriates me! Speaks volumes about the team in its current state.

Barkov has been a joy to watch though.

Erick*

It's been a day and I still have no idea what Kopecky was trying to do on that play with two minutes left in the game.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
I just hope the team mixes it up for the PP. Going to try to throw something on the ice if I see Flash on the point Saturday

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
It's been a day and I still have no idea what Kopecky was trying to do on that play with two minutes left in the game.

Seriously, what he did, "Go to the bench when the Rangers were pressing in the final minute during a 1-goal game" will be filed under Panther things I do not want to remember. Goes up there with "David Booth throwing the puck" / "Bryan Allen saying we were scared quote" / "Keith Ballard puck in his own net" / "Keith Ballard stick swing at Vokoun"..

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Seriously, what he did, "Go to the bench when the Rangers were pressing in the final minute during a 1-goal game" will be filed under Panther things I do not want to remember. Goes up there with "David Booth throwing the puck" / "Bryan Allen saying we were scared quote" / "Keith Ballard puck in his own net" / "Keith Ballard stick swing at Vokoun"..

Or Robert Svehla giving the puck away under a minute to go in your own zone to the Devils. Kopecky should be benched for that.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
well i was surprised barkov tried that move again, i guess he figured try it till it failed so maybe we'll see something different next time.

I was thinking the same thing. Lundqvist is really good down low so I was surprised he did it. He did try the reverse Datsyuk against Washington but then went back to the Forsberg for the Rangers. I know he also had a move where he stick handles and backhands it at the right half of the net (usually glove side if the goalie is a left glove) which he tried vs. Tampa awhile ago. I figured he would try to be simple against Lundqvist and just do a high wrist shot.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

Why is it bad for him to play that much? He's certainly deserved it and has been playing great over his past 5-10 games. He set up a goal for Boyes and back checked to break up a 2 on 1.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach

Yeah, that was one of the dumbest plays I have seen in a while. I like his veteran presence on the locker room... but besides that, he is not bringing much else to the games. Wouldn't mind seeing Hayes in his spot on the 3rd line for some games.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Kopecky should be benched for that.

And it's not like it has just happened once. He can make a good play or an awful play and this season it seems it's mostly the latter one.

He has a slow stick and below average speed, to put it nicely. I have no idea what he is doing on the PP or even on the PK when you need quick decisions in high pressure situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad