GDT: 12/31/13 "Rang In The New Year" - Rangers VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Interesting notes from tonight -

Huberdeau just 14:32 TOI and didn't take a single shift in OT ... also clearly not the same player he was in SO's last season.

Petrovic just 7:17 TOI ... don't know why keep him up here over Mottau if that's the kind of minutes he's getting.

Olsen just 11:19 TOI ... I assume this is because Petrovic is dragging down the pairing, Olsen on his own had 5 blocked shots tonight and led the team w/ 7 hits.

Kulikov had a season-high TOI with 29:27

Panthers607

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 2m
#FlaPanthers owner Vinnie Viola just took entire team out of locker room for meeting. Never seen that before

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
They didn't steal it. They won it. We would have 0 points had Lundqvist not stood on his head. They had the better scoring chances for sure.

Fixed.

Great. Even. Game. Nothing to complain about really.

Both goalies were the story. Campbell looked ****ing awesome.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Also, this is what we get for not scoring on that 4-minute powerplay. Special teams has cost us this season. We actually look really good and fun to watch when it's even strength.

Barkovs line on the powerplay looked fine on the PP but when the 2nd unit comes in, (Huberdeau & Kopesky, Kulikov) it kills everything. Kopesky has no business being on anyone's powerplay even in the AHL. Huberdeau is so slow to loose pucks and loses battles constantly that pucks come out. The urgency is not there and he looks overmatched and slow. Kulikov is just not a natural playing on the point. Way too indecisive when to shoot or pass and when he does decide to shoot it gets blocked or he misses the net and the puck comes out.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 15s
#FlaPanthers owner Vinnie Viola just took entire team out of locker room for meeting. Never seen that before

Wonder what he's going to say.
Hopefully it's about the PP.

Seriously, how ****ing long do you need to suck to change 'em? Horacheck looking like about as dumb as Dineen when it comes to PP.

Erick*

Fixed.

Great. Even. Game. Nothing to complain about really.

Both goalies were the story. Campbell looked ****ing awesome.

Lundqvist didn't stand on his head tonight. Just about every time we had a scoring chance, we (Flash) missed the net.

Erick*

Barkovs line on the powerplay looked fine on the PP but when the 2nd unit comes in, (Huberdeau & Kopesky, Kulikov) it kills everything. Kopesky has no business being on anyone's powerplay even in the AHL. Huberdeau is so slow to loose pucks and loses battles constantly that pucks come out. The urgency is not there and he looks overmatched and slow. Kulikov is just not a natural playing on the point. Way too indecisive when to shoot or pass and when he does decide to shoot it gets blocked or he misses the net and the puck comes out.

Yeah, I think you're absolutely right. When the other line is on, momentum is also ruined every time because Flash can't hit the net.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 15s

Wonder what he's going to say.

My three guess
Either
"Happy new Year"
Or
"We will act on the UFA market, if you want to play here next season its up tp you to prove it"
or
"I will move this franchise to alaska"

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Yeah, I think you're absolutely right. When the other line is on, momentum is also ruined every time because Flash can't hit the net.

Yeah I forgot to mention that flash kills any of the pp lines because he
misses the net all the time and the puck gets flipped out the zone. Certain players are doing there jobs and others are killing these power plays. What can we do though, this is all we got. We need another dman to play the power play and better wingers who win battles and are faster to loose pucks and don't miss the net when they shoot. Free agency baby.

Panthers607

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 11m
Panthers owner Vinnie Viola interrupted locker room interviews to talk to team. Apparently it was very positive. #FlaPanthers

George Richards ‏@GeorgeRichards 12m
was wishing them a happy new year - “@bassking511: very strange. Any thoughts?”

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I think we all can agree that Markstrom calling Kopecky to the bench for a new stick cost us the game.

Happy new year all, hopefully 2014 treats the Cats better than 2013.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Lundqvist didn't stand on his head tonight. Just about every time we had a scoring chance, we (Flash) missed the net.

Neither goalie "stood on their head". Both goalies played a pretty damn perfect game all around, in position.

I put neither goalie ahead of the other tonight, really. Richards' shot would've beat any goalie.

Last edited:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
Not sure why Huby is getting all of this criticism tonight. Is he slumping in general? Yes. But tonight he played as good of a game as a one way playmaker can in a 1 to 1 game. He set up Flash numerous times and played soundly with limited mistakes. No he didn't have a point but only two guys did.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Just came back. Good atmosphere, 50 -50 (maybe slightly more Rags?).

Take aways:

The obvious: We don't have a 30 goal scorer; in fact we barely have 1 player on track for 20 goals. We won't win long term without this.

TT went toe to toe with the King. Both played very solid (nothing amazing was needed.)

Flash doesn't belong on the PP or whatever we want to call it when we have more players then them but look worse.

SO was just luck of the draw but entertaining as crap with these net minders...King saw what was coming and poke hubby and Barky... time for new moves.

All in all, can't complain it was fun Hockey.

Happy New Year!

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
not sure why huby is getting all of this criticism tonight. Is he slumping in general? Yes. But tonight he played as good of a game as a one way playmaker can in a 1 to 1 game. He set up flash numerous times and played soundly with limited mistakes. No he didn't have a point but only two guys did.

agree; huby had a good game and flash couldn't convert. He kept going stick high, a know lundquist weakness, and kept missing wide ...

Erick*

GR asked TT what he thought of the team's December and then said something like "it's tough because you weren't here for a lot of it" or something like that.

TT smirked and was like "uh, I won like the first four or five games so..."

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Interesting notes from tonight -

Huberdeau just 14:32 TOI and didn't take a single shift in OT ... also clearly not the same player he was in SO's last season.

Petrovic just 7:17 TOI ... don't know why keep him up here over Mottau if that's the kind of minutes he's getting.

Olsen just 11:19 TOI ... I assume this is because Petrovic is dragging down the pairing, Olsen on his own had 5 blocked shots tonight and led the team w/ 7 hits.

Kulikov had a season-high TOI with 29:27
Yes he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad