GDT: 12/30/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I missed the too many men, but doesn't surprise me in the least...refs have been having a real hard time recently it seems.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
DSWfKlOW4AAKCT7.jpg:large

this is the only picture i can find?

this is what you're upset about?

I mean ya.... You are not allowed to have 7 players on the ice at one time lmao.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
Also for stats sake how does it work for plus/minus? Do all 7 players get a + or do they just randomly pick 5? Or is it the closest 5 to the net?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I mean ya.... You are not allowed to have 7 players on the ice at one time lmao.
i mean you must also see that there's 6 canucks on the ice too right? if you can give me something better to go off of than this i might change my opinion but this is all i've got

Reactions: deaderhead28

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
i mean you must also see that there's 6 canucks on the ice too right? if you can give me something better to go off of than this i might change my opinion but this is all i've got

So now you are saying the amount of players on the ice cancels out? So like if you guys put out 10 guys and we match it then it's cool right and they just play on?

I mean obv you are just trolling because there is no way you can really be taking the stance you are.

Kings played well though and desrved the win.

Reactions: BillDerlago

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden

Well if you actually watch what happened you’d realize the King in front of the Canucks bench has already been substituted but decided to stick around to cause s—-, should have been blown there.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Great game, back and forth. I was certain one/ both of those contested goals were going to get wrongly called back. It sucks when the refs miss a blatant penalty (too many men), but It's swings and roundabouts. LA has had a rough run with officiating for the last month or so it seems. Its someone else turn now hopefully.
I thought the nucks looked quite good, on the up again perhaps. Kids like Boeser help.

Reactions: hockeyisgud

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Well if you actually watch what happened you’d realize the King in front of the Canucks bench has already been substituted but decided to stick around to cause s—-, should have been blown there.
well f*** dude like i just said, show me some video or something and i'll be glad to change my opinion

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
hold up lemme get my hubble telescope out to make out which one of those pixels is what player/linesman

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
and assuming that this screenshot is from a second or two before the previous one, there's 4 canucks in the zone and 2 on the ice by the bench?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
After the shitshow that has been the Kings vs. the refs lately--including being scored on twice in recent games on similar plays and getting a too many men without too many men--I don't even feel bad.

Maybe it's worth reviewing if it's happening that often.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
meh. there's shit line changes all game every game. probably more egregious than this one.

hockeyisgud

Feb 5, 2016
After the ****show that has been the Kings vs. the refs lately--including being scored on twice in recent games on similar plays and getting a too many men without too many men--I don't even feel bad.

Maybe it's worth reviewing if it's happening that often.

Ya they should take a look at the rule

I mean what's the point of having video review if you don't use it to fix a black and white call?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Yes. It is still no goal. The play should be blown dead. 6 on 6 isn’t legal hockey.
that's what happens when linesmen try to expedite changes and play the "close enough" game, same as refs do with every other penalty

shit happens. it's gonna continue happening until they quit allowing on the fly changing and force the rule to be "both skates off the ice" before you can be subbed. you guys are talking like this is so egregious and outrageous and comparing it to the washington one where the extra skaters weren't even outside the dots, much less physically touching the bench.. just seems an awful stupid thing to whine about.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

It is an easy too many men. 100% blown call and should not have been a goal

The linesman is right there too.

Just curious, do you know the rule or are you just pissed your team lost? Better question, how many men were involved in the play? (It's a rules issue)

tny760

Mar 12, 2017

It is an easy too many men. 100% blown call and should not have been a goal

The linesman is right there too.

puck looks like it's in the net before the "7th" kings player even jumps the bench, not like you can even tell

assuming he's the sub for muzzin who's tussling at the gap between the benches. that's "close enough" to 5 feet from the bench, the other player in the neutral zone looks like he's been standing there for a while and is still "close enough" to have been legally subbed. should he have gotten off the ice? sure. but he may well have been part of a legal line change and linesmen let that shit go allllllllllll day

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
meh. there's **** line changes all game every game. probably more egregious than this one.
Agreed.

If you watch the video highlight in context instead of still pics, both teams are in the midst of a change. Those two Kings players are standing by the door on the bench waiting to get off the ice when Doughty scores.

This is much ado about nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad