GDT: 12/30/15 - 8:00PM EDT - New York Rangers VS Tampa Bay

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
We been scouted and planned for. We haven't adjusted to counter that. Every team in the league watched what Detroit did to us in the playoffs and they took notes.

Things like no adjustments, no line matching, line juggling, stubbornness, and complete ineptitude on the PP are all on the coaching staff. 100%.

The team is currently broken and there isn't one easy fix. As much as we've complained about the PP this season, it hasn't been bad the past few games. 9/28 on this homestand, including the 1/10 game vs Vancouver. That's about a 1/3 pace. That is incredibly good. Yet we've lost 3 out of 5 of those games. We've been losing at 5 on 5 and at home. This is the team that was nearly unbeatable at home last season and was dominant 5 on 5. This team is broken in more than one way, and the way to fix it starts at the coaching staff, whatever that may mean.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I've been the loyalest european fan past 2 and a half years... last year watched 93 games and i worked whole time. Game started 2am and i woke up to work 7am. Was tired as **** all the time, but almost ****ing always tampa showed me why im fan and continue to wake up in middle of the night to watch games. There was always hustle and they played their hearts out. This season i have watched about 20 games and im in army(games start 2-3am in finland). But honestly now im done with this ****, thei look like they dont care so why would i care to wake up and watch them? I need a break from this for short time just to get my nerves back to normal.

I don't stay anymore to watch them.
Even worse, lately I don't even watch the full games, just the 15 minute game-highlights... because every time I see this team it's just dissappointing gameplay.

We need to change some things... Stammer out will be a good start

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I don't stay anymore to watch them.
Even worse, lately I don't even watch the full games, just the 15 minute game-highlights... because every time I see this team it's just dissappointing gameplay.

We need to change some things... Stammer out will be a good start

Yeah, I don't look forward to games anymore. I still watch when I can but it's a chore nowadays when before it was fun. That's how bad it has gotten. Just total disappointment in the whole team.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Wow, come on people, this is not the end of the season. Still have the 2nd half of the season to go, and that is when the real hockey season starts. Our special teams have been better, need to fix the 5 on 5 lines, and maybe Coop needs to come up with combos he has not tried yet or go back to the ones from Montreal.

To me, we won the Montreal game, scored the GWG with 5 mins to go, the last goal against was a fluke and should not have counted, and I look at the overall picture of things. Coop should not have changed the lines around.

Have faith my friends, we can turn this around.

Oh jesus, couldn't have been because Callahan had the GWG until that point right? How do you know MTL doesn't score again if that goal doesn't count? Sorry imaginary wins don't count.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh jesus, couldn't have been because Callahan had the GWG until that point right? How do you know MTL doesn't score again if that goal doesn't count? Sorry imaginary wins don't count.

Sorry .Trying to be optimistic, But whatever.

Last edited:

Sear91

Jun 26, 2007
Tampa
Counting last Spring, we're talking 60 or so games now where the Lightning have been thoroughly average, at best. The sample size of this isn't exactly puny anymore.

Everyone's open to their own interpretations, of course, but I'll only point out that, while I'm not immune to panic posts because, hey, I'm only human...if I'm going that far in depth, it's probably not out of panic. That, or I'd be the least resourceful person on earth in times of real crisis. :laugh:

I was referring to my own post not being a panic post, but a ranting discourse on our current situation. Regardless, I agree with you again: we ARE thoroughly average and it has been that way for a while. We have no passion driving us to success. It looks like our guys feel like they DESERVE success as opposed to earning it, and its so frustrating...

Kramerica Industries

Mar 21, 2013
Tampa, FL
Yes. It was easier when the team sucked every year - expectations didn't exist. This team is thoroughly underachieving and has played their way to half a season now where they sit outside the playoff picture. Even worse, when they sucked, it was usually because they gave up five goals for every three they scored, but at least they scored goals; the games were at least entertaining for neutrals. This thought-to-be explosive team is bottom 1/3 of the league in goals. That only exacerbates the issue of how painful it is to watch this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad