GDT: 12/29/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's amazing what this team is doing, for sure. And you're right, defensively, we know we are better and can be better. But the Vasy piece, just don't like seeing him get shelled like this. After coming back from injury strong in first game, pretty ordinary since - and that is even with some of the sickest saves ever.

He really didn't get shelled tonight. That shot total is deceiving. A lot of those shots were coming from off the wall. If Vasy had been "on," we'd have given up maaaaybe 2 goals.

Reactions: Sk8M8

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
He really didn't get shelled tonight. That shot total is deceiving. A lot of those shots were coming from off the wall. If Vasy had been "on," we'd have given up maaaaybe 2 goals.

I'm wondering if he's battling the flu or something. He didn't look right tonight and seemed to labor a tad through the game. Just my perspective from where I sat near the ice.

Reactions: Sk8M8

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Erne was huge tonight on 4 of the 6 goals. You have to keep this kid in the lineup.

I think it's time to keep him on a line that can score too. It's taken him a while, but he's looking more and more comfortable with the NHL. Figuring out what works and what doesn't. This is the first game where he was a real force. I don't think the word "dominant" would be a reach in the latter half of the game.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Vasy was definitely 'off' and not his usual sharp self. :(

Hope you enjoyed your seats! Good game to pick to be near the ice. :DD

Hope you enjoyed it too. My wife thought she finished a gym workout after the game. I told her we needed a laugher but this one wasn't it. Man that was a fun game and that goal by Kucherov on the PP was just a bomb, no way anyone would have stopped that.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
I think it's time to keep him on a line that can score too. It's taken him a while, but he's looking more and more comfortable with the NHL. Figuring out what works and what doesn't. This is the first game where he was a real force. I don't think the word "dominant" would be a reach in the latter half of the game.

He would be great with Killorn and Cirelli.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
So much fun to watch. Team is definitely going through a defensive lull, but I think they’ve proven the switch will be flipped when it matters.

For now it’s about winning the division so Toronto and Boston can kill each other in round 1.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I'm a fully transplanted NYer now living in FL and obviously a huge TB fan but admit to still having a soft spot in my heart for the Islanders. How about a shout out to Barry Trotz for big W over the f**king Leafs last night and in general doing amazing things with that rag tag bunch he has to work with (except Barzal, who is mesmerizing). Also nice to see Filppula having a bit of a renaissance on LI after floundering in Philly for a couple of years. Always a fan favorite here.

DaBolts

Feb 3, 2015
Cirelli and Gourde. We saw it at the end of last game and they were pretty awesome. Everything you need is on that line.

I'll buy that too. The speed problems that third line would create for other teams is an awesome thought.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
That kid deserves a chance to play everyday somewhere. He's been nothing short of excellent this season.

That’ll be here next season. Miller’s almost certainly going to be traded and Callahan might be moved or bought out as well. We’ll have a regular spot for him at that time.

Reactions: SRQKiter

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
What would your Stamkos and Paquette lines look like?

Leave Stamkos with Palat. Maybe Killorn, who finished the game there. Killer's playing well enough for the opportunity. Paquette and whoever. Callahan and Joseph for the time being, I assume. I kind of think we'll start next game with:

Johnson - Point - Kucherov
Palat - Stamkos - Killorn
Erne - Cirelli - Gourde
Joseph - Paquette - Callahan

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Leave Stamkos with Palat. Maybe Killorn, who finished the game there. Killer's playing well enough for the opportunity. Paquette and whoever. Callahan and Joseph for the time being, I assume. I kind of think we'll start next game with:

Johnson - Point - Kucherov
Palat - Stamkos - Killorn
Erne - Cirelli - Gourde
Joseph - Paquette - Callahan

That bottom 6

tenor.gif

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3