GDT: 12/29/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The last time we failed to score 4 goals was December 6 vs. Boston. A 3-2 win.

Reactions: Hint1k

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Vasy plays as well as the team does. We played well in the third so he didn't let any goals in. Not too worried about him yet.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That's nice, but we're getting too comfortable giving up 4. That sh*t ain't gonna fly come playoff time.

We know we have another gear defensively. Not overly worried just yet. 18-2-1 is tough to argue.

And we're not getting carried by a single player or even a single line. I don't think we've ever been able to say that. Usually one line, or just a tad more (but never two full lines) are carrying us.

We scored 6 without Stamkos getting on the board tonight.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
We know we have another gear defensively. Not overly worried just yet. 18-2-1 is tough to argue.
Well you know the shitstorm on this boards whenever we lose even one game. Honestly we're at the point where I don't really care about how we look for the rest or the season as long as we show up when it actually matters. Which is pretty crazy that I'm already feeling like this before game 40.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Well you know the ****storm on this boards whenever we lose even one game. Honestly we're at the point where I don't really care about how we look for the rest or the season as long as we show up when it actually matters. Which is pretty crazy that I'm already feeling like this before game 40.

Playoffs are all that matter. Regular season is kind of for getting guys ready, at this point. Exhibit A: Adam Erne. Looks like he could be a real contributor come May.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Playoffs are all that matter. Regular season is kind of for getting guys ready, at this point. Exhibit A: Adam Erne. Looks like he could be a real contributor come May.
i dont necessarily agree big winning streaks learning to win multiple ways can build a really solid team at times sometimes youd sleep on them then they shock you and win four and send you home in first round haha.... thinking the detroit years....
but ya I think us having winning so often and the way we are winning overcoming big deficits and getting behind is building this team a lot at least the younger players.

also tyjo and stamkos seem to be back to what 3 years ago? so sometimes season really does matter i want to be home for the playoffs too look at our record here

Reactions: Sk8M8

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
i dont necessarily agree big winning streaks learning to win multiple ways can build a really solid team at times sometimes youd sleep on them then they shock you and win four and send you home in first round haha.... thinking the detroit years....
but ya I think us having winning so often and the way we are winning overcoming big deficits and getting behind is building this team a lot at least the younger players.

also tyjo and stamkos seem to be back to what 3 years ago? so sometimes season really does matter i want to be home for the playoffs too look at our record here

Yeah, both those guys have been amazing. TJ might have been our best player tonight. If he kicks it up in the playoffs again, and Stamkos can keep his play up, we're going to have some major weapons.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Lol, just perusing through the leafs board to see how they were handling getting punched in the mouth by the islanders and I came across this little nugget.

OGZk86t.png

:laugh:

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like we need only 38 points in the next 43 games to guarantee the play-off spot (100 points).
To put it into perspective we can be as bad as LA Kings so far and still make it.
Crazy!

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018

And we're not getting carried by a single player or even a single line. I don't think we've ever been able to say that. Usually one line, or just a tad more (but never two full lines) are carrying us.

We scored 6 without Stamkos getting on the board tonight.
It's amazing what this team is doing, for sure. And you're right, defensively, we know we are better and can be better. But the Vasy piece, just don't like seeing him get shelled like this. After coming back from injury strong in first game, pretty ordinary since - and that is even with some of the sickest saves ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad