GDT: 12/28 - Part 2 - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7pm ET - CBC, NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Krug 1 goal and -3 in his last 16 games

And is one of the league leaders In Turnovers

I'm still very worried about him come post season he is a reliability at times

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA

-3 through 16 games really isn't all that bad.

The turnover numbers could be better though, I'll concede that much.

The kid's got plenty of time to work things out before playoffs. I don't think there's all too much to be worried about. If anything, he proved last year that he's the kind of player that can really elevate his game come playoffs.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Krug will iron it out, the constant change ups at d probably aren't easy

How bout warsofsky's goal eh? Loved seeing him do that in his college days and knew he could turn it into something useful at the nhl level

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

Kid needs to get back to skating 3rd pairing minutes.

Krug is not the D-man who is going to score big while playing big minutes.

I think his defense is weak but he is a rookie and last night he was one of the veterans with more games than 3 other Dmen on the ice. That's not the role he is meant to play.

What worries me is that we don't seem to have a Dman who can fill Seids' skates. Most of the defensive depth in Providence seems to be very unSeids like.

I want to see Dougie come back with Chara and see how this D is going to look before I worry too much.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
All things considered I thought the B's did OK.

Krug will be OK. He is still learning.

Loosing Seids is what really concerns me the most. Dennis won't be easy to replace.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Me too.....I thought they played very well considering the situation...Trottman & Warsofsky, were a very pleasant surprise. Their flukey goal counted, ours didn't...:)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Pretty good comeback, fell short in the end. My expectations of this team and their play have to be contained in the midst of one of the, if not the worst injury filled season I can recall

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pretty good comeback, fell short in the end. My expectations of this team and their play have to be contained in the midst of one of the, if not the worst injury filled season I can recall

Good Morning Andrew :).

The injuries area concern. Seids worries me the most.

The youngsters are looking good and the B's are lucky to be able to fill the holes with our kids but loosing Dennis is going to be a tough one. The B's will have to figure out something.

What is the news on big Z ? It didn't sound like anything too bad.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Good Morning Andrew :).

The injuries area concern. Seids worries me the most.

The youngsters are looking good and the B's are lucky to be able to fill the holes with our kids but loosing Dennis is going to be a tough one. The B's will have to figure out something.

What is the news on big Z ? It didn't sound like anything too bad.

Good Morning to you

Not sure about Z, I missed most of the 1st period and checked my phone on the way home only to hear he was out. Soderberg, it was mentioned in the Herald has a possible concussion (took that hit at the stanchion Friday as where it possibly occurred?)

I sit here with a frustration and disbelief that all these injuries are happening however, I feel pretty secure that if there is a GM who will address any issues this team has going forward it`s Chia.

Biggest issue is cap space for not just this team, but teams willing to deal. It`ll surely be a Redden-like D man (hey, why not call Redden again?;))

They`ll figure it out, hope you had a wonderful Holiday and have a safe New Year`s

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
-3 through 16 games really isn't all that bad.

The turnover numbers could be better though, I'll concede that much.

The kid's got plenty of time to work things out before playoffs. I don't think there's all too much to be worried about. If anything, he proved last year that he's the kind of player that can really elevate his game come playoffs.

It's gotta be compared to the other defenseman on the team for some sense of performance.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Kid needs to get back to skating 3rd pairing minutes.

Krug is not the D-man who is going to score big while playing big minutes.

I think his defense is weak but he is a rookie and last night he was one of the veterans with more games than 3 other Dmen on the ice. That's not the role he is meant to play.

What worries me is that we don't seem to have a Dman who can fill Seids' skates. Most of the defensive depth in Providence seems to be very unSeids like.

I want to see Dougie come back with Chara and see how this D is going to look before I worry too much.

I was hoping that Bartkowski would eventually be the Seidenberg of the future but it takes years.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Going through some growing pains with our young back liners. One things for certain, we certainly have a nice core of young guys that can really skate well and shoot. All these young defensemen can fly. Dont recall when we had these kind of wheels on defense. I think we will be ok playoff time. A lot of shuffling due to injuries cant be helping matters.

B's got some bad bounces last night. Enough with the one timers already. I hate that shot, especially when it comes from bad angles.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012

Thought so too.
I didn't really believe in a comeback after going down 3-1 at the beginning of the second, especially if you consider the depleted roster.
Too bad it wasn't enough to get points out of this.

Well, we have to win the next 3 games against worse teams.
The West Coast trip will be very tough ... all of LA, SJ and ANA are contenders and very strong at home. Hope we get some players back till then.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Thought so too.
I didn't really believe in a comeback after going down 3-1 at the beginning of the second, especially if you consider the depleted roster.

The West Coast trip will be very tough ... all of LA, SJ and ANA are contenders and very strong at home. Hope we get some players back till then.

8 games out of the next 16 versus legitimate contenders,they'll be all over those defensemen,a true litmus test.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thought so too.

Going West with this lineup would result in, I`d expect, a Loss or two, which wouldn`t be shocking ,so I`m going to keep my expectations as reasonable as I can (hopefully).

If there`s a coach who can squeeze more out of less it`s CJ though

Trying to think which coach in this league could, with the lineup of AHL`ers CJ has been forced to play, could get this team to where it is??

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Going West with this lineup would result in, I`d expect, a Loss or two, which wouldn`t be shocking ,so I`m going to keep my expectations as reasonable as I can (hopefully).

Sorry, but I don't see us winning a single game in the West with this roster.
Would be nice to get at least Chara, Hamilton and Söderberg back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sorry, but I don't see us winning a single game in the West with this roster.
Would be nice to get at least Chara, Hamilton and Söderberg back.

Which would be understandable, not fun for us fans but understandable, many here would immediately point the blame at Caron for any issues out West:)

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Which would be understandable, not fun for us fans but understandable, many here would immediately point the blame at Caron for any issues out West:)

Sure, I don't expect much ... hopefully we can squeeze out a few points but I'm not really optimistic.

I guess you can afford to play without 6-7 players against bottom-dwellers for a few weeks but against elite teams it will cost you.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
It was great seeing Clode use the youngins in special teams situations. Not that he had much of a choice, but I liked how he used Wars/Trot.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
I was hoping that Bartkowski would eventually be the Seidenberg of the future but it takes years.

Honestly Barkowski's been denigrated more than i think he deserves lately... i thought he had a solid game overall. He was involved all over the ice, and he is not afraid to mix it up behind EITHER net.

The ease with which Bart skates the puck from Tuukka/Chad's end, and worms through all the way to the offensive zone -- sometimes deep in the zone all the way to the corner (upon which he usually absorbs a big hit rather well) -- can be very impressive.

In fact, after Warsofsky's goal it had me thinking that Bartkowski should be working on that type of shot from that area. Bart gets to those same spots by himself with relative ease... the kid (both of them, really) is a great skater.

Warsofsky looked just like Bart the way he carried the puck past the offensive blue line, skating that serpentine-ish route through the neutral zone. Only instead of dumping it to one of the corners to set-up a cycle, or skating it down to the corner himself, Warsofsky simply pulled up and ripped an absolute bomb.

Someone has said this before... but right now it seems to be the case. Bartkowski's got all the tools but at times it seems like he just doesn't have the toolbox.

I still think Bart is better defensively and stronger on the puck (he's a significantly bigger body, so he should be... but still) than either Krug or Warsofsky seems to be.

Maybe i am in the minority but when Krug is not scoring, i am more comfortable with Barkowski on the blueline. But Krug isn't the liablity some pretend he is... i just think Bart is the better defensive D-man.

Krug's offensive ability is already fairly well-proven. He hit a wall but i think he will finish the season either 1st in D-man goals or 2nd behind Chara... i know, bold prediction :D

If Bart can work on his shot... he has the physical/skating tools to be a force offensively too. He needs to get a better slapper but i was impressed with the way he handled the additional action he got last night.

The goal he was on for was as flukey and as "no one's fault" as a goal could possibly be. He may have been on for another but i didn't notice. I did notice Bart was all over the place last night, very active physically and had an active stick.

I think some people are too quick to dismiss Bart, or McQuaid for that matter, and what both bring to the table. That being said, i was extremely impressed with Warsofsky's lateral movement on the power play.

He is every bit as a good of a lateral skater (on the PP in particular) as Krug has shown himself to be.

OK i am done with my rant now ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad