GDT: 12/28 - Part 2 - Boston Bruins @ Ottawa Senators - 7pm ET - CBC, NHLN, NESN, 98.5 FM

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
No one suffered devastating injuries.
That's a win right now.

Well there is that but then who knew Yeti and Chara were injured yesterday?

This defense can't operate like this though.

With Seids done for the season I would rather them just call up Miller and keep him.

Nice that Warsofsky got his first NHL goal.

Hope the injured return soon-especially Dougie, Yeti and Louie.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
6 on 4 in the final 2.
get the puck to the effin net.
horrible strategy with the perfect one timer

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Tonight wasn't going to be a cakewalk even if we were healthy. Ottawa was embarrassed last night and were going to come out flying.

Bobby Ryan wasn't offside on his break away. Great puck control and patience. Krug can't cough it up like that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Looked for sure like the Bruins were gonna tie it at the end. Huge upset pulled off by the Senators.

:laugh:

Is this post for real or just trolling? No Sides, no Soderbeg, no Chara...three more starters out (incl 1 and 2 D) from last night's already depleted line up.

Kind of embarrassing that the Sens only won 4-3 the way they did.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
6 on 4 in the final 2.
get the puck to the effin net.
horrible strategy with the perfect one timer

It's frustrating to watch but against a collapsing D that is only letting you move the puck around the outside there aren't many other strategies...hope it hits a player or you get a rebound and bang it in. It looks terrible if they don't score, but it's really the only option.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Scrappy effort with so many good players out. Hated that game ending PP, shouldn't have to settle for a bunch of one-timers, poorly planned. That may have been the weakest defense that this team has ever iced and they weren't too bad.

Rancid McGoiter

Still metal.
Feb 1, 2005
It'll be interesting to see what kind of moves Chia's going to make. We scraped the bottom of the barrel, and have been pretty good, but that won't last forever.

Seidenberg being out for the season could kill us. I hope their looking for a steady, serious veteran to compliment the blueline.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Tonight wasn't going to be a cakewalk even if we were healthy. Ottawa was embarrassed last night and were going to come out flying.

Bobby Ryan wasn't offside on his break away. Great puck control and patience. Krug can't cough it up like that.

He didn't have possession, was offsides.

Krug caught a bad bounce and is usually one of the more reliable B's puck handlers. I thought the Sens looked mediocre and if BOS had been able to ice last night's lineup minus Sides, I think they manhandle OTT.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

Krug caught a bad bounce and is usually one of the more reliable B's puck handlers. I thought the Sens looked mediocre and if BOS had been able to ice last night's lineup minus Sides, I think they manhandle OTT.

I agree, even without those guys it was an even game, with them we win.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
It's frustrating to watch but against a collapsing D that is only letting you move the puck around the outside there aren't many other strategies...hope it hits a player or you get a rebound and bang it in. It looks terrible if they don't score, but it's really the only option.

Not to mention that they didn't have Soderberg or Chara, two of their best PP weapons.

Disappointing loss, but not "huge." I mean really. Hopefully Chara gets better in the next couple of days.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
If the linesman wasn't so excited he came in to waive off the Iginla goal maybe he would have seen Ryan offside like he was. Thanks Linesman. Go pat yourself on the back for failing at the one job you do.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Agreed.

Don't think they practice the 6 on 4 PP very much.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Agree to disagree on the offsides but I agree with your assessment of Krug.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Boston Bruins ‏@NHLBruins 13m

Trotman on traveling to OTT: Ended up taking a cab about 4 & a 1/2 hours to the border...got to the rink about 5 minutes before warm-ups ^BB

Wonder what the fare was... :amazed:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Good push and fight by the b's

Keep it going, time to show character

Agreed. Pretty happy with the effort.

Hopefully Soderberg and Loui are back relatively soon to solidify the top 9.

The D will miss Seidenberg for sure but the depth and system they have can absorb that loss a song as it is just him.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Didn't see much of the game but good for Caron coming to the aid of Warsofsky. However that does highlight the fact that this team needs an enforcer for NOW(Thornton being out) and the future(Thornton retiring)

Should try and pry Devane from the Leafs.

BigBadBruins63*

Trotman looked good for having to deal with all that B.S to get to the game. It'll be nice to see how he plays on a normal schedule.

BigBadBruins63*

Didn't see much of the game but good for Caron coming to the aid of Warsofsky. However that does highlight the fact that this team needs an enforcer for NOW(Thornton being out) and the future(Thornton retiring)

Should try and pry Devane from the Leafs.

Yes. The main priority right now should be to acquire a scrub enforcer who won't play come playoff time. :sarcasm:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Scrappy effort with so many good players out. Hated that game ending PP, shouldn't have to settle for a bunch of one-timers, poorly planned. That may have been the weakest defense that this team has ever iced and they weren't too bad.
Agreed.I thought it was a gutsy performance given the circumstances.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It'll be interesting to see what kind of moves Chia's going to make. We scraped the bottom of the barrel, and have been pretty good, but that won't last forever.

Seidenberg being out for the season could kill us. I hope their looking for a steady, serious veteran to compliment the blueline.

I disagree about Seidenberg being out killing our chances.It is a blow but not one we can't overcome.PC will acquire another D.I don't like to kick a guy when he is down but Seidenberg's lack of foot speed (which to me has become more apparent the last year or so)doesn't make him a legit no.2. PC will pull something off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad