UN2URje.png

6KEKQ0V.png

HQD4RbM.png

rTDQQaH.png

n9ZQoCX.png

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
This should be a great game. Well rested team ... the boys must come out flying tonight. Go Bolts!

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I'm not particularly hyped about playing the Habs but reading Drouin's quotes in here annoyed me so I hope he doesn't get a point tonight:

I thought maybe we'd regret the trade at least a little bit at this point but honestly I'm so f***ing glad it happened. Sergachev is an awesome player with a tremendous future and there's no question marks about his character and commitment. I still think Drouin had the potential to be something special here. I'm just not sure he wanted to.

Reactions: Bozo Nicholson

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Let's go :bolts!!!

The trade ended up being better than I could have hoped. Was worried that it would take a couple years or so for it to pay off for us. Thought Sergachev could be terrific for us someday, but so fricking soon??? :eek:

May Sergachev play with extra fire and energy against his former team tonight! :cool:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Despite how some may feel about this him, we have not seen him since he was traded and we should give him a warm welcome back. Because there is no doubt, that a small yet meaningful part of our teams success this year can be credited to him in a way.

I do hope that there is the opportunity for someone to fire a few pucks in his general direction, missing him of courses, but not by much. Maybe an inch away from hitting him at most. So we should welcome him back and treat him the exact same way we did last couple of times we saw him. So with that said. Welcome back Antti.

Game Plan:
First Period: Jump on the opposition quickly and score early and often throughout the period.]

Second Period: Keep the pressure up and pot a few more goals for good measure.

Third Period: Have the opposition question if we have enough goals yet and reply with...

giphy.gif

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
This is going to be interesting and fun. Let's hope the team comes out with fire and use their rest to their advantage.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I'm not particularly hyped about playing the Habs but reading Drouin's quotes in here annoyed me so I hope he doesn't get a point tonight:

I thought maybe we'd regret the trade at least a little bit at this point but honestly I'm so ****ing glad it happened. Sergachev is an awesome player with a tremendous future and there's no question marks about his character and commitment. I still think Drouin had the potential to be something special here. I'm just not sure he wanted to.

Yeah f*** him and f*** the Habs.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida

Too bad. I was looking forward to seeing Niemi again :laugh:

Price starting after playing in Carolina last night? That should end well.......For us.

I wonder what the fan reaction to Drouin will be tonight? Applause? Boos? Or just indifference? He never wanted to be here it seems and he is where he wants to be now, Yet Sergy is having the clearly better season.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Vasi in goal for both games of the upcoming back to back? What do you think, guys? Both games at home and Vasi should be fresh after the christmas break.
Budaj has terrible numbers against both teams. Lost all three games he played against Montral with GAA 3,26 and 86,5% saved. Has a shutout against Philly but still only won 2/5 with 2,61 and 88,7%. His latest games haven't been encouraging either. If he lets in 5 against Philly, the team probably won't be able to make up for it. Scoring 6 against the Flyers is difficult. It's possible against Montreal but they're in the same division.

Posted this in the other thread yesterday...now we know Vasi is starting today do you guys agree it's safe to assume he's also gonna play tomorrow? I really don't see Budaj winning this...

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Posted this in the other thread yesterday...now we know Vasi is starting today do you guys agree it's safe to assume he's also gonna play tomorrow? I really don't see Budaj winning this...
No reason to overwork him. We have a 9 point lead in the division with 2 games in hand.

Give Budaj some reps and hope we can outscore our goaltending.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
No reason to overwork him. We have a 9 point lead in the division with 2 games in hand.

Give Budaj some reps and hope we can outscore our goaltending.

Maybe. But Montreal would have been the better choice to try that. They are much easier to score on and they played yesterday. Budaj would need to play his best game in months to beat Philly. They're much better than Montreal and excellent defensively.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Maybe. But Montreal would have been the better choice to try that. They are much easier to score on and they played yesterday. Budaj would need to play his best game in months to beat Philly. They're much better than Montreal and excellent defensively.
I'm of the theory that you put your best foot out in game 1 of a b2b. Your skaters are rested and you have the highest chance of banking 2 points.

Ideally we'd have a better backup, but it's an 82 game season and we are well ahead of pace. A loss to Philly wouldn't bother me at all.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I'm of the theory that you put your best foot out in game 1 of a b2b. Your skaters are rested and you have the highest chance of banking 2 points.

Ideally we'd have a better backup, but it's an 82 game season and we are well ahead of pace. A loss to Philly wouldn't bother me at all.

Well, not if you're confident and want to win both games... this back to back is special anyway with Montreal playing yesterday and Philly playing as well today. You never know but I'd say chances would be good to win with Budaj tonight but it's almost impossible to do this tomorrow. Philly isn't quite Colorado. Can't just score six against them. One of the best teams defensively.

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Habs fan here....

Curious if there's any place to get things signed after the game? Also if there's any cheap memorabilia such as hockey cards available anywhere in the arena? Always supported the Bolts as one of my secondary teams- and a huge fan of some the players... Kucherov, Hedman, Sergachev, Point, etc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1