GDT: 12/27/16 - Wild vs. Perds - 7PM CT|3AM Suomi - FSN - Post-Holiday Depression Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Agree that it was a bad game from Granny. I think Nino and Coyle need Staal with them. Guess Boudreau didn't want to have two rusty players (Parise and Haula) in the same line or something?

I'm hoping it's that, and not that Parise threw a fit at the idea of not being on the "top line", whichever one that is.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm hoping it's that, and not that Parise threw a fit at the idea of not being on the "top line", whichever one that is.

There's nothing to suggest that, so I don't know why you'd even throw that out there.

Why not throw an excelling player (Staal) with two struggling players (Parise and Pominville) to see if he can ignite them?

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
There's nothing to suggest that, so I don't know why you'd even throw that out there.

Why not throw an excelling player (Staal) with two struggling players (Parise and Pominville) to see if he can ignite them?

Because that's always been the knock on him and Suter, that they can be demanding about whom they play with. We assume it's different with Boudreau, but who knows.

Might I also remind you that conjecturing on a message board about our currently unnecessary $9 million assistant captain while the team is on an 11-game winning streak is a really good spot to be in, right now? ;)

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Because that's always been the knock on him and Suter, that they can be demanding about whom they play with. We assume it's different with Boudreau, but who knows.

Might I also remind you that conjecturing on a message board about our currently unnecessary $9 million assistant captain while the team is on an 11-game winning streak is a really good spot to be in, right now? ;)

I think that is a gross exageration - Suter once made a comment about playing with a RHD. Parise? Refresh my memory.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Agree that it was a bad game from Granny. I think Nino and Coyle need Staal with them. Guess Boudreau didn't want to have two rusty players (Parise and Haula) in the same line or something?

It was an away game, so no last change. BB had mentioned something earlier in the season about line combos changing trying to get a mismatch on teams that can't compete with the team's depth.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

Agree with the latter part. :yo:

But yeah, as others have said, I don't think there's anything to that about Parise other than some posters who make up their own theories from time to time.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
I for one assume Parise had a say in the line-up just like he obviously HIGHLY recommended the addings of Porter, Carter and Pominville. The locker room was a mess under Yeo. Laughable when news that the vets were proposing trades with each other. Think the main reason to bring back Stewart was to bond them back together.

Cheers. We won 11 straight!

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Some people appear to be having some severe amnesia about major topics of conversation from last season :sarcasm: Funny how certain "common knowledge" things (at least among we rumor-starved message board denizens, of course) can change so drastically... but if that's the price of massive winning streaks and great overall team play, I more than accept the tradeoff :laugh:

It is Wild World

Dec 28, 2016
Somalia
I for one assume Parise had a say in the line-up just like he obviously HIGHLY recommended the addings of Porter, Carter and Pominville. The locker room was a mess under Yeo. Laughable when news that the vets were proposing trades with each other. Think the main reason to bring back Stewart was to bond them back together.

Oh man I do remember that, what depressing times.
And Parise bringing in a guy outside of the team to coach them on the PP before season began. That soured Yeo and he did admit it bothered him even though he denied it before. The locker was so dysfunctional last year.

I am so glad that is over

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
No way I believe Boudreau is letting players make line decisions, nor a player would even try that. Was thinking it was a temporary thing. Because N-S-C has been an absolute beast.

No reason to try reinvent the wheel.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Oh man I do remember that, what depressing times.
And Parise bringing in a guy outside of the team to coach them on the PP before season began. That soured Yeo and he did admit it bothered him even though he denied it before. The locker was so dysfunctional last year.

I am so glad that is over

Is this lie still being perpetuated? He (individually) worked with a skills coach in the offseason. Also cleared it with Yeo beforehand.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Parise had nothing to do with Pominville. They'd never been team-mates in their life before Pominville was traded for.

If Parise was advocating us to trade for someone from Buffalo, it would have been Stafford.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No way I believe Boudreau is letting players make line decisions, nor a player would even try that. Was thinking it was a temporary thing. Because N-S-C has been an absolute beast.

No reason to try reinvent the wheel.

Yeah, I don't see Stevens being bossed around, either. Even Anderson has been around the block a few times as a good NHL'er....don't see him getting pushed around. The trouble with the old players is usually that they are stubborn and have to " win" every confrontation....no sign of that yet with this staff.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014

Don't think Parise had anything to do with Poms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad