GDT: 12/27/16 - Wild vs. Perds - 7PM CT|3AM Suomi - FSN - Post-Holiday Depression Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Almost think they should have Gabriel over Schroeder. Just for the energy boost he can bring.

Good to see Haula and Parise might be back.

I'm surprised that Suter still gets so many boos. I get the whose scorned ex thing, but it's been a few years now.

Tonight illustrates why it's moronic to start Gabriel over Schroeder.

Schroeder is inconsistent, because he's a scorer that only gets limited minutes in the NHL (scorers that get big minutes can be inconsistent). But he can provide offense. And despite the perception, isn't a liability when paired with other even decent players.

Stewert, Graovac and Schroeder has potential to be a good 4th line. Hope they stick with it and send Gabriel where he belongs.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Schroeder is inconsistent, because he's a scorer that only gets limited minutes in the NHL (scorers that get big minutes can be inconsistent). But he can provide offense. And despite the perception, isn't a liability when paired with other even decent players.

Stewert, Graovac and Schroeder has potential to be a good 4th line. Hope they stick with it and send Gabriel where he belongs.

Depends on how Schroeder is playing and who the opponent is. Remember, we've also seen how bad he can be which is why he still spends time in the AHL.

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013

I think your being really dramatic and harsh on Gabriel he played good minutes for us when we needed it. why dismiss and trash him for that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Let's not forget Stewart and his goal. Two goals from fourth liners ...works for me.

Been unimpressed with Schroeder's play in the past, but I'd be super happy if he finally made a home for himself in the NHL. He does have some big league skills.

Boudreau understands minor league players better than anyone. I think he knows how to push their buttons.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
I think Stewart-Graovac-Schroeder and Stewart-Graovac-Gabriel both have the potential to be good fourth lines. I would switch out Schroeder and Grabriel situationally, depending on the opponent and how each are playing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think your being really dramatic and harsh on Gabriel he played good minutes for us when we needed it. why dismiss and trash him for that.

Completely agree. There's room for a variety of players on this team. There was a point when Gabriel's toughness was needed earlier on in the streak. There is no doubt that Schroeder is better suited to 3 v3. Let's use them both.

IceBoxHockey

Feb 14, 2016
After tonight Coyle is now tied with Staal for the team's lead in points. Do you guys think he has become a first liner now?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

He didn't play good minutes. He got 70% O zone starts, and had 30% possession numbers. That's getting your head caved in possession wise.

He got a good media narrative because the Wild won a few games he fought in early int he streak. It was a stupid and dangerous (to Gabriel's health) narrative while it was happening, it's stupid and dangerous now. Wild don't seem to have any trouble with winning when he's not punching faces.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot

Yep. If Gabriel had played, maybe we would've seen a fight tonight? That's fun, but Schroeder played a major role in two goals.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Unfortunately Schroeder doesn't always play as well as he did today...so a blanket statement based on today's game is pointless.

More often than not he plays similiar. Gets chances, uses his speed. Pucks don't always go in. But that's life in the NHL.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
More often than not he plays similiar. Gets chances, uses his speed. Pucks don't always go in. But that's life in the NHL.

I disagree, I've seem him vanish for large stretches, and when he vanishes he provides zero impact. At those times you'd much rather have a player that can impact the game in other ways.

If he played like tonight more often than not, he wouldn't be a borderline nhl/AHL player and the Canucks would never have let him walk, and the Wild would never been able to have him clear waivers...multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad