GDT: 12/26 - Game 34 - Buffalo @ BRUINS 7PM | NESN, MSG-B, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
3 games in 4 nights with the last 2 against Ottawa which are more important games right now. I see the logic.

I was a little surprised - Rask is obviously a hammerlock for Jan 1. Figured we might either see Rask-Goose-Rask or Rask-Rask-Goose for the BUF/OTT/OTT games - one way to "shake things up" during a home-and-home is to play both your goalies, and I have reasonable confidence in Goose.

Having Rask-Rask-Goose gives Rask a nice rest for the WC - but, then again, maybe Rask thrives on more work, and a Sunday-to-Friday rest is longer than most healthy NHL starting goalies get. And our presumptive configuration, Goose-Rask-Rask, does make sense, given that a game against BUF is a good game to play your backup.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Would guess they want him to play both Ottawa games. Should be tough games with implications in the standings. They don't want him to play 3 games in 4 nights right before the Winter Classic. Most logical game to play Gus.

Great to have a back up that gives us the option.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
its a long season.
and we have the most games to play.
gus should be starting all games against non playoff teams

There's been plenty of rest and Gust just played, I like that Rask is playing less but don't want him to have too many breaks, he is in the mode and let him stay there.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
There's been plenty of rest and Gust just played, I like that Rask is playing less but don't want him to have too many breaks, he is in the mode and let him stay there.

he sucks when hes overloaded.
we are gonna need him down the stretch again like last year.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Rask had the last start and his next 4 will be big, important games.
Gus has done a fine job as back up. No issues with giving him Buffalo tonight , we should be using our back up if he's doing his job.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Chad Johnson in net for the other guys.

“It’s a lot of good memories and a lot of good people,” said the Sabres goaltender, who played for the Bruins in 2013-14. “The city, the organization, everybody…coaching staff — they were all really great to me. So just a lot of good memories.

“I always love playing in this arena — the fans are awesome, so it should be another exciting game tonight.”

Johnson has certainly made the most of the opportunity he has been given in Buffalo. An early-season injury to Robin Lehner has forced him into a starting role with the Sabres, and of late, he has excelled, posting a 6-3-2 record over his last 13 starts.

Last edited:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Chad Johnson in net for the other guys.

I liked poor HICJ. I never felt too nervous in 2013-4 when Rask was out - kinda like this year. But Isles fans seemed to really pile on him last year. (Can't say I follow other teams closely enough to judge how he did.) And, of course, the natural tanking jokes ensued last year at the deadline when he got moved to Buffalo. I've seen a couple of "amazing save" videos of him from this year, tho'...so that's something.

Rask might also be helpful in strategizing for tonight's game, since he played side-by-side with Hi. (Well, not side-by-side - although that would be a unique defensive strategy.)

I'm happy for my cousin's kid - he's a goalie, and a big Rask fan who asked him about 4 or 5 years ago when he was 6 what it was like sitting on the bench. :naughty: (Tuukka, being a good sport, laughed at it.) His team is playing a game at the Garden before the actual game, and my cousin told me yesterday that some of the players pop in - and since Rask isn't in net, he's likely to be the guest of honor. Should be cool!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Projected Lineup Saturday vs. Buffalo

Brad Marchand — Patrice Bergeron — Brett Connolly

Matt Beleskey — David Krejci — Loui Eriksson

Frank Vatrano — Ryan Spooner — Jimmy Hayes

Zac Rinaldo — Landon Ferraro — Tyler Randell

Zdeno Chara — Adam McQuaid

Dennis Seidenberg — Colin Miller

Torey Krug — Kevan Miller

Starting Goalie: Jonas Gustavsson // Backup: Tuukka Rask

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Good grief, this has never happened to me before but I didn't know there was a game on today :laugh: what a way to wake up :D LETS GO BS!

ps. I bet Chad has a blinder :cry:

ps. Would like to add, Habs play Caps today.....LETS TAKE OVER FIRST PLACE EH?

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Buffalos had a loooong break, I want to see a strong start and score a few right from the start.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
alright here we are..at this point for Hayes and Connolly...I want to see some production, time to find your groove and get some consistency.

I haven't been overly impressed with either, I see both their potentials, when they are engaged and in the game, they show flashes. I want both of them to do well and help the bruins.

Tonight a game against buffalo..a game we should win but I don't take this team too lightly really..I think Buffalo's quickness may cause some issues for our D.

Tonight is a good night to get going Connolly and Hayes...pop in some goals, hit, be engaged, win puck battles...please Hayes use your size more.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
No offense Kelly but you are just as exciting as a commentator as you are on the ice

In fairness Tom Caron was channeling his inner Jack Edwards.

Pretty cool that he's doing the 1 on 1 stuff. He's going to be a great coach. Also really nice to see that he's doing well.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Why do I have a feeling Jack is going to be way over the top with Eichel tonight? I have the radio ready just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad