Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
In Buffalo, everybody likes ‘Eich’

BUFFALO — Long before he was Jack Eichel, emerging NHL star, 2015 Hobey Baker Award winner, presumptive heir to the role of “his generation’s best American-born center,’’ the ruddy-faced kid from North Chelmsford was tutoring his grammar school teachers on Career Development 101.

“I told them I’d play in the NHL my whole life, starting in the first and second grade,’’ recalled Eichel, 19, as he sat in the Buffalo Sabres dressing room, only thirtysomething games into fulfilling his schoolboy pledge. “Some believed me more than others.’’

These days, there’s no doubting the 6-foot-2-inch, 205-pound Eichel, who returns home to play at TD Garden on Saturday night for the first time as a professional winter wunderkind. His parents have reserved a couple of luxury boxes. A pal or two from the season he spent at Boston University, when the Terriers just missed winning a national title last spring, are expected to be part of the one-night Eichel return tour.

Last edited:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Hopefully the Sharks pick is high enough that we can trade it for Eichel

..puts the pipe down. Continues dreaming....zzzzz....

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I was disappointed when I learned that McDavid was injured and wouldn't be coming to town when the Oilers came to Boston...mainly because I wanted to start/participate in an "Eichel's better!" chant.

Get 'em! These next two home games (BUF/OTT) are each the first of a four game divisional series. Crucial to set the tone early in the series. Anyone who says they like being the underdog is just a fox who, unable to reach the juicy grapes, claims that they're sour.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If posts 2 and 3 are going to be the prevalent theme saturating the GDT lets just use this one as the GDT. I don't want to bust my ass to make a nice one only to see that crap littered all over it.

toreykingkrug

Nov 28, 2014
I'm not Bostonian.not even American.I just couldnt believe anyone stand in front of National Media claiminging aloud himself a fan of his hometown's biggest rivalry.Even if its for real,yoi can hide it in your mind.But Jack Eichel did.Who care the son of *****,the so-called hometown boy, who is a habs fan,who said he idolize their style of play.Didnt mean cheating and diving? I dont know.If Sharks'pick win the lottery,between Auston and him I choose Matthews 11 of 10.One is a hard worker,play a solid two-way game.The other will go down as one of the most overrated prospects in NHL history
I just hope to see his ugly face smashed.Let's go Bruins

Last edited:

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I'm not Bostonian.not even American.I just couldnt believe anyone stand in front of National Media claiminging aloud himself a fan of his hometown's biggest rivalry.Even if its for real,yoi can hide it in your mind.But Jack Eichel did.Who care the son of *****,the so-called hometown boy, who is a habs fan,who said he idolize their style of play.Didnt mean cheating and diving? I dont know.If Sharks'pick win the lottery,between Auston and him I choose Matthews 11 of 10.One is a hard worker,play a solid two-way game.The other will go down as one of the most overrated prospects in NHL history
I just hope to see his ugly face smashed.Let's go Bruins

I love how angry and hab-hate fueled this post is. I find it refreshing. Don't ever change.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
If posts 2 and 3 are going to be the prevalent theme saturating the GDT lets just use this one as the GDT. I don't want to bust my ass to make a nice one only to see that crap littered all over it.

Ali - trying to get all the Jack stuff here - we won't let anyone trash your GDT.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I was disappointed when I learned that McDavid was injured and wouldn't be coming to town when the Oilers came to Boston...mainly because I wanted to start/participate in an "Eichel's better!" chant.

Get 'em! These next two home games (BUF/OTT) are each the first of a four game divisional series. Crucial to set the tone early in the series. Anyone who says they like being the underdog is just a fox who, unable to reach the juicy grapes, claims that they're sour.

I am off the weekend and looking forward to watching both games . Bruins win 4-2 .

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ali - trying to get all the Jack stuff here - we won't let anyone trash your GDT.

Thanks Fenway. I can't do all the fantasy land crap after the way this team has been playing.

In case people have t noticed the golden boy has struggled mightily since going pro. Perhaps he should have stayed in school for one more year?

I'll have the GDT up early tomorrow morning :)

indy

Oct 18, 2015
Thanks Fenway. I can't do all the fantasy land crap after the way this team has been playing.

In case people have t noticed the golden boy has struggled mightily since going pro. Perhaps he should have stayed in school for one more year?

I'll have the GDT up early tomorrow morning :)

6th in Rookie goals and points. I wouldn't say "struggling mightily" is accurate. He is playing on a rebuild, scored a few highlight reel goals, 2 gwg and looks to be getting better as the season progresses.

For a 19 year old coming in under the microscope I would say he is playing fairly well.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Tonight's Officials
Referees Mark Lemelin (41), Wes McCauley (4)
Linesmen Shandor Alphonso (52), Brian Murphy (93)

Ntl. Anthem Dayna Fisk

BOSTON vs. BUFFALO, LIFETIME SERIES

- The Bruins and Sabres are meeting for the 278th time in their franchise histories with the Bruins having a 128-109-29-11 record and 895-887 scoring edge in those games.

- The Bruins are 76-43-14-4 in their 137 home games of this lifetime series with a 491-400 scoring advantage in those contests.

- The Bruins are 5-0-2 in their last 7 games vs. the Sabres, including a 3-0-1 record in last season’s series, with their last regulation loss to the Sabres a 4-2 setback in Buffalo on Dec. 19, 2013 … They are 10-3-3 in their last 16 games overall vs. Buffalo … They are 3-0-2 in their last 5 home games vs. the Sabres with a 6-1-2 mark in their last 9 vs. Buffalo in Boston with their last home regulation loss a 7-4
setback on Jan. 31, 2013.

- Fun Fact: The Sabres are the only team that the Bruins have never swept in a season series.

TONIGHT’S GAME

- The Bruins host the Sabres tonight in the 1st of 4 games between these teams this season and the 1st of 2 games of this season’s series at TD Garden … The Bruins are 19-10-4 overall and are 8-8-2 on home ice … They are 8-3-0 vs. Atlantic Division teams and are 14-4-1 vs. Eastern Conference opponents.

- The Bruins are playing game 7 tonight of a stretch in which they play 9 of 11 games on home ice, including the 2016 Winter Classic Game at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, MA, from Dec. 12-Jan. 5.

- The Bruins are wearing their 3rd uniform system tonight for the 6th of 13 games this season and they are currently 4-1-0 when wearing their 3rd jerseys.

- The Bruins are opening tonight their 4th of 11 sets of back-to-back games this season … They enter this series 1-1-1 in the 1st games and 3-0-0 in the 2nd games.

- They are also opening their 4th of 12 series of 3-games-in-4-nights this season, as they next face a home-and-home series w/OTT in Ottawa tomorrow and in Boston on Tuesday … They are currently 0-1-2 in the 1st game, 1-1-1 in the 2nd and 2-1-0 in game 3s.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Eichel should be playing for USA against Canada at 1 he hasn't looked good the last 10 games or so

jdz

May 22, 2013
Eichel should be playing for USA against Canada at 1 he hasn't looked good the last 10 games or so

Eichel, mcdavid, hanifin, etc shouldnt play in that tournament tbh. They have already made the step.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter gave me (as a gift) tickets to the Play "Once" at 2...After my daughter and I will head over to the Garden to see the B's.

Please win.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

kutskova

Nov 5, 2006
My daughter gave me (as a gift) tickets to the Play "Once" at 2...After my daughter and I will head over to the Garden to see the B's.

Please win.

Once is a great play, hope you enjoy.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I'll post up some stuff later on. I have to leave for an appointment soon.

I will also have a surprise for everyone :)

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Please win.

You should have a great day - I saw "Once" a week or so ago, and I liked it. If you don't know, before the show they let you wander on the stage and the supporting actors/musicians have an "impromptu" jam session, so get there early if you can.

I'm always serious. I'm Czech. (You'll get it.)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

He was asked about that and said no as he and his family have been looking forward to today at the Garden. They have bought many, many seats for family and friends.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
3 games in 4 nights with the last 2 against Ottawa which are more important games right now. I see the logic.

But this would suggest Rask plays them all.
If not I can't understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad