GDT: 12/23/16 - Wild vs. Rangers - 6PM CT / 2AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
missed most of the game. Went out when it was 1-1, came back and it was 6-3. Was Kuemper that bad?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
The cool thing is the Wild’s not satisfied. It has a move on to the next one mentality, and as Coyle said afterward, the Wild doesn’t want to just break the record, they want to “crush it.â€

I am hanging on to a ton of extra quotes to write a good follow for Christmas Day.

The gist of the story: Remember how Boudreau said he expected the team would finally get it by Christmas? Safe to say he’s clairvoyant.

No matter who’s in the lineup, who’s in goal, as Coyle said, “Everyone’s doing their part right now up and down the lineup. That’s what’s getting it done for us.â€

Wild, second in the Central and West, enters the break with 46 points in 33 games. It leads in goals against and save percentage and its +36 goal differential is second in the NHL.

Its fourth in the NHL at 3.06 goals per game.

Decent team, eh?

From russos blog.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Play Kemps again against Nashville. Parise and Haula back. I'm not too comfortable with Graovac at 3c just yet. They might give him a extended look though at 3c.

zucks-kaptiin-bruce
nino-caveman-coyle
parise-holla-poms
gabs-grayo-stewie

suts-spergy
scandy-folin
brodin-dumbs

kemps
dubs

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Play Kemps again against Nashville. Parise and Haula back. I'm not too comfortable with Graovac at 3c just yet. They might give him a extended look though at 3c.

zucks-kaptiin-bruce
nino-caveman-coyle
parise-holla-poms
gabs-grayo-stewie

suts-spergy
scandy-folin
brodin-dumbs

kemps
dubs
You got your 2nd and 3rd d-pairs mixed up... Brodin and Dumba are #3/4, Scandella has been on the bottom pair all season.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
missed most of the game. Went out when it was 1-1, came back and it was 6-3. Was Kuemper that bad?

I would say Kuemper was playing like average Kuemper.

In previous years his play tonight would have resulted in a 3-2 loss (after giving up a back breaker goal late) or a 4-3 game (where he gave up 3 early and came back to tie and lose and OT). :laugh:

We scored so many times so fast it changed how we were playing, I mean our only shot in the 3rd was the ENG Coyle scored.

space321

May 11, 2011

zucks-kaptiin-bruce
nino-caveman-coyle
parise-holla-poms
gabs-grayo-stewie

suts-spergy
scandy-folin
brodin-dumbs

kemps
dubs

Yah definitely need Haula back ASAP

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I would say Kuemper was playing like average Kuemper.

In previous years his play tonight would have resulted in a 3-2 loss (after giving up a back breaker goal late) or a 4-3 game (where he gave up 3 early and came back to tie and lose and OT). :laugh:

We scored so many times so fast it changed how we were playing, I mean our only shot in the 3rd was the ENG Coyle scored.

Well... it was a good thing we scored like we did in the 2nd... BB said the team had given everything they had and had nothing left and did all they could just to hold on in the 3rd...

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Oh, dammit..I was asleep with the game running on my iPad the whole time.
Good news on christmas eve though.

Happy holidays.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Finally got to watch the highlights (we were driving across Wisconsin so it was radio-time last night).

Staal's pass on that Coyle Post in the 1st was dirty.
That Zucker-to-Koivu goal was pretty.
Lundqvist has to be injured or something, right?
Those Rangers jerseys are really nice.
That Stepan toe-drag was dirty.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Having him and Koivu as defensive options at C is awesome.

Might seem like a homie talk (as it is) but I think Nino-Haula-Pommer and Zucker-Koivu-Granny lines have the same kind of mechanic that WORKS. Centers in both lines play quite defensive role and wingers forecheck very aggressively.

I feel like Staal and Grao commit in a different way.

But ye I'm not complaining about anything :handclap:

edit: I'm not sure how Cannone fits in, I guess he is on the more defensive side as expected from him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Might seem like a homie talk (as it is) but I think Nino-Haula-Pommer and Zucker-Koivu-Granny lines have the same kind of mechanic that WORKS. Centers in both lines play quite defensive role and wingers forecheck very aggressively.

I feel like Staal and Grao commit in a different way.

But ye I'm not complaining about anything :handclap:

edit: I'm not sure how Cannone fits in, I guess he is on the more defensive side as expected from him.

I'm not sure how Parise Staal, Coyle works. On paper, it should, but Coyle doesn't seem to play well with Parise.

Didn't see much of Cannone. He barely got any playing time.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
Fun watching goals and more goals last night. We seemed to fare well against King Henrik it seems. I believe the Wild scored a few on him in Minny last year and a Scandella slapper to the noggin of Lundquist knocked him out of the game. That's when the emergency goalie was called off his coach to the rink and had to dress up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad