GDT: 12/23/14 - 7:30PM EDT -Pittsburgh VS Tampa Bay

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
I'm surprised to see so much doom and gloom and your boards; if I were a Bolts fan, I would be pretty upbeat--and not just about tonight.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I'm surprised to see so much doom and gloom and your boards; if I were a Bolts fan, I would be pretty upbeat--and not just about tonight.

Big picture, yes. But you're catching us in what's been our worst stretch since the MTL series, or maybe even dating back to the MSL saga. So we're scrambling for answers. Last game against the Isles was probably our worst game of the year, and that includes a 7-2 loss to Minnesota--that game was bad, but it took some atrocious goaltending to run the score that high. It took superb goaltending to lose 3-1 to the Isles.

So we're not a confident group of fans at this particular moment.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Big picture, yes. But you're catching us in what's been our worst stretch since the MTL series, or maybe even dating back to the MSL saga. So we're scrambling for answers. Last game against the Isles was probably our worst game of the year, and that includes a 7-2 loss to Minnesota--that game was bad, but it took some atrocious goaltending to run the score that high. It took superb goaltending to lose 3-1 to the Isles.

So we're not a confident group of fans at this particular moment.

Islanders was def the worst loss of the season. We had that game, then just gave it away. That to me is worse than losing 7-2, when you know your goose is cooked by the 2nd period.

Which is why I feel confident we can win this game, because the team has to be feeling like crap after last game, and they want to come out flying. If not, don't know what else to say. Facing a tired, injury depleted Pittsburgh team and their backup goalie. A loss here would be bad.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I have a special place in my heart for the Bolts. I lived in the area for 8 yrs and used to go to games at the former St.Pete Forum all the time. I even worked with one of the assistant equipment managers. Its a classy organization and I still miss the area.

This is the only time I root against the Bolts. But I honestly don't see a way that they don't leave the ice tonight without a win. Yes as we all know any time Malkin is on the ice there is always a chance. But he will have to channel Mario tonight especially if Comeau is out. Zatkoff starting his first game of the year should also be a huge advantage for you guys.

Either way, I'm just looking for a good clean injury free game from both sides.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Islanders was def the worst loss of the season. We had that game, then just gave it away. That to me is worse than losing 7-2, when you know your goose is cooked by the 2nd period.

Which is why I feel confident we can win this game, because the team has to be feeling like crap after last game, and they want to come out flying. If not, don't know what else to say. Facing a tired, injury depleted Pittsburgh team and their backup goalie. A loss here would be bad.

Third string actually. Greiss went back to Pittsburgh for mumps testing again.

Advantage Bolts.

Stad

@Mahomes2Helaire
Apr 22, 2007
Saskatoon
Good luck tonight! i always like watching your team play.

I'm not expecting a win tonight, just a good game with no injuries to either team lol.

Merry Christmas!

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good luck tonight! i always like watching your team play.

I'm not expecting a win tonight, just a good game with no injuries to either team lol.

Merry Christmas!

Pittsburgh fans are just so polite. Anyway, Hope for a good game also! Merry X-mas to you also!

LionelHutz*

Comeau out after a bad crash into the boards last night, Rookie Dominik Uher recalled, No idea where he slides,Safe bet is 4th line with Farnham and who they go to the well with at center, Rust looks like he takes Comeau's spot on the 2nd I guess, at this point it's a cluster****.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I have no idea how this game will go, a lot will depend on if the team can get themselves going but with this team who knows, hopefully they want to bounce back bad enough that they will come out fighting.

Hopes as always lies with the TKO line, if they are back at full strength then we have a big chance, the 1st line might do something but who knows. The 3rd line is a proven disaster and with Fil still not being back to where he was last season and with Killorn shooting the puck at the net and misses rather than pass the puck we'll see if they can turn it around or if they're back where they were the last time they played together, hopefully they will be out there with Hedman and StrÃ¥lman so that Cally can get in front of the net and work off someone’s shot like in this video at 0.53:

[nhl]707993[/nhl]

Not many players wants to play like that so it would suck not to use it but its Coopers choice, hopefully we have someone else who can do it if Cally won’t, we'll see how it goes, if nothing else then it's worth watching the game just to see Vasy play one more time before he goes back to the Crunch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I have no idea how this game will go, a lot will depend on if the team can get themselves going but with this team who knows, hopefully they want to bounce back bad enough that they will come out fighting.

Hopes as always lies with the TKO line, if they are back at full strength then we have a big chance, the 1st line might do something but who knows. The 3rd line is a proven disaster and with Fil still not being back to where he was last season and with Killorn shooting the puck at the net and misses rather than pass the puck we'll see if they can turn it around or if they're back where they were the last time they played together, hopefully they will be out there with Hedman and StrÃ¥lman so that Cally can get in front of the net and work off someone’s shot like in this video at 0.53:

[nhl]707993[/nhl]

Not many players wants to play like that so it would suck not to use it but its Coopers choice, hopefully we have someone else who can do it if Cally won’t, we'll see how it goes, if nothing else then it's worth watching the game just to see Vasy play one more time before he goes back to the Crunch.

I think that's an overstatement. We saw them very briefly last year, and if memory serves Flip was coming back from an injury at the time. If we saw them this year (I can't remember) it was very, very short-lived. Regardless, for a third line, it's hard to go wrong with those three players, and it should be better than any third line we've had all year. Even if it's not dominant, we have to remember that that line is a luxury and would have been/was our second line when it played previously. I don't think there's any reason to worry about them. Even if they're bad, they're unlikely to cost us a game, with all three guys being at least above average defensively.

The real question is the top line. I'm excited to see it, but I'm nervous it won't work any better than any other Stamkos combination this year. And there's not exactly a lot of sandpaper on that line, nor a lot of defensive know-how. I still think it's the right choice to go with that line, mind you, because Stammer needed a change on the right side. And if Connolly shows he can find Stamkos from that side, it could be enough to finally put Stamkos into high gear. But there are obvious risks.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Stamkos, at 24, is right now the oldest guy in our top-six.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Anyone have any spare tickets they want to depart with in the spirit of Christmas!? I really want to go this year.

JS91

May 14, 2014
#14 on the 1st. Oh boy. Well, I could actually see this working out because Cally and Flip were pretty good together last season and Drou now has two players to work with who can shoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad