GDT: 12/20/18 - 9:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Calgary

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Should swap Johnson and Palat, nothing wrong with Johnson-Point-Kucherov right now and Johnny stinks with Stamkos.

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Flames don't control play as well as the jets, but they are very opportunistic this year, a couple slip ups and the game will get out of hand fast.

Flames actually control player better than the Jets in terms of CF%, FF%, SF% and SCF% although the Jets have the advantage in HDCF%

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Cirelli-Gourde will be a pain in the ass for some of their D. Were they together against Vancouver or is this a new thing?

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Flames fan here - really looking forward to this game! Hopefully it lives up to the expectations I have for it. Two very fun to watch teams who play with a tonne of creativity? Should be a blast to watch, win or lose.

Reactions: cgyfireman

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Don't like that serg is scratched.

He was not good last game, we just healthy scratched a Dman who's been markedly better than him, and Cernak has made himself too valuable to take out. We can't scratch Serg too much because it's bad for his development, and we have a lot riding on him long-term, but in a big game, against a team who sees us as a measuring stick, he's the weak link who should sit.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think the Leafs will beat up on the Panthers tonight after getting outclassed vs. them a few nights ago. So if we don't get a couple of points, our lead will likely shrink to six.

Tonight's gonna be super tough though. Calgary is in much the same position as the Leafs, a young team taking "the next step," who's going to see us as a measuring stick and give it their all. I would favor them in this one because I don't see us matching their intensity over 60 minutes in a non-playoff game. So we're probably gonna have to rely on Vasy a ton.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see this one get a little chippy too.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I think the Leafs will beat up on the Panthers tonight after getting outclassed vs. them a few nights ago. So if we don't get a couple of points, our lead will likely shrink to six.

Tonight's gonna be super tough though. Calgary is in much the same position as the Leafs, a young team taking "the next step," who's going to see us as a measuring stick and give it their all. I would favor them in this one because I don't see us matching their intensity over 60 minutes in a non-playoff game. So we're probably gonna have to rely on Vasy a ton.

Wouldn't surprise me if we see this one get a little chippy too.
I think Dom is starting tonight

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
After the past few games I'd just like a nice easy win. I'm not counting on it against the Flames though. Maybe the Oilers game.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
I'm not too concerned about Sergey being scratched. I think the goal is to rotate D-men out of the lineup to give them a little rest. Smart move in my opinion considering we have the depth to do that and still win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad