GDT: 12/20/16 - Wild vs. Avs - 7PM CT / 3AM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's on to the big boys, MTL and NYR.

One other thing. The Avs PP was atrocious.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You're forgetting to take into account that ROR and Stastny on those teams. Those two really did a lot of the heavy lifting.

The system they have now is worse than Roy's, at least for the team they have. Barrie is used as a breakout pass guy, not carry it into the zone. The team has no defense or FWD depth. They can only load up 1 FWD line this year.

I feel bad for Avs fans, their team is almost unwatchable.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
glad we put 2 points in the bank against a non playoff team. im ticked off at the refs again. who's next? 2 tuff teams on deck , i'll be happy with one win out of the next 2.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
You're forgetting to take into account that ROR and Stastny on those teams. Those two really did a lot of the heavy lifting.

The system they have now is worse than Roy's, at least for the team they have. Barrie is used as a breakout pass guy, not carry it into the zone. The team has no defense or FWD depth. They can only load up 1 FWD line this year.

I feel bad for Avs fans, their team is almost unwatchable.

Not me. They were gifted a Cup-ready team, luckiest fans ever. Canucks fans, Sabres fans, yes, they deserve pity.

Let the Avs fans learn what prolonged losing is like.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Another 2 points! It wasn't the prettiest annihilation, but 8 is great!

I kind of like the fact that despite Colorado being Colorado, Landy being Landy (and refs being refs) in the end of the 3rd, Wild didn't get rattled. All that is their problem, not ours.

Right mentality you need to win multiple games. Just win, no matter what.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I would have liked to see them blow it open in the 3rd and win by a more comfortable margin, but when that's your biggest complaint, you know the team is playing some good hockey!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I would have liked to see them blow it open in the 3rd and win by a more comfortable margin, but when that's your biggest complaint, you know the team is playing some good hockey!

Me too, but Varmy did play a good game for the Avs. The Granny post on the EN really would have iced it.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota

Hard to blow it open when you're killing 4 penalties in the 3rd and have to deal with those bad calls/no calls. We only allowed 1 shot in those 4 PPs, so that's pretty dang good.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
So....now we have the Price vs. Dubs matchup next, eh? Can't wait for the main board threads. ;):sarcasm:

giphy.gif

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I just watched the condensed game to see the highlights again...another funny thing is there were zero Avalanche highlights the entire time (except for maybe one or two shots in the first?) :laugh:

Really could have been 3, 4 or even 5 nothing if not for Varlamov. Good game.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Varlamov was good. Don't know how long you'll get performances like that out of a guy getting no help.

Refs were awful. Not just the one-sidedness, but that seemed like egging the Wild on to vigilantedom.

Surprised Zucker didn't get yanked for concussion protocol. Thought he took a gog to the nog.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just because this needs to be posted...

The crowd loved it, they replayed it a few times at the X after, can't be seen enough! ;)

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I just watched the condensed game to see the highlights again...another funny thing is there were zero Avalanche highlights the entire time (except for maybe one or two shots in the first?) :laugh:

Really could have been 3, 4 or even 5 nothing if not for Varlamov. Good game.

Funny you bring that up. I don't have cable right now, so I've been limited almost exclusively to watching highlights. It's been interesting, though, and I've learned at least one thing from it. The majority of the highlights this year have been of the Wild, rather than the team they're facing, which is good, because highlights are mostly comprised of scoring chances and goals. The odd thing is, when I look up to the shots, we're almost always being out-shot. Logic would then dictate that the shots the Wild allow are low percentage opportunities, and the shots we take are mostly high percentage opportunities. I think we already knew that, but it's been an interesting visual of it. Fun season, so far, even though I haven't been able to watch as much as I'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad