Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That last minute of play reminded me of a cat trying to catch the laser pointer

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Avs totally gave up at the end.

Second longest winning streak in franchise history.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
A wins a win ... but man do I miss the Av's of a few years ago that were competing. Those were some exciting games. This just felt like beating the yotes again ... meh

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Avs are a truly awful team. The hockey IQ is non existent. The promise of Mackinnon, Duchene, Barrie, etc... looks to be gone. I think they need to break up this team.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
A wins a win ... but man do I miss the Av's of a few years ago that were competing. Those were some exciting games. This just felt like beating the yotes again ... meh

The sad thing is it's somehow the Wild's fault these games are boring if you ask the right group of people.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
The sad thing is it's somehow the Wild's fault these games are boring if you ask the right group of people.

Probably the same group of people saying Dubs isn't a top 5 goalie this year! :laugh: I have such an internal hysterical laugh every time I read that.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
How many legit scoring chances did the Avs have this game? This was a snoozer, and not because of us.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Avs are a truly awful team. The hockey IQ is non existent. The promise of Mackinnon, Duchene, Barrie, etc... looks to be gone. I think they need to break up this team.

I don't know if it's the mentality Roy drilled into them still or what, but MacKinnon and Landeskog had great minds for the game before being drafted, even Landeskog was a real threat before Roy was hired. I mean you heard the stats they presented in that third period about Landeskog's first 18 games against us and his last 13 or whatever it was. Now he's just a threat to injure one of our players.

It's sad, Roy single-handedly ruined some of the most exciting players in the West while he was there.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
My favorite of the night was how the Wild have never gotten past the second round of the playoffs EVER. The favorite from the past month is how all of their goals are pure puck luck, while the opponents' goals are skill.

Soldier13Fox

Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
My favorite of the night was how the Wild have never gotten past the second round of the playoffs EVER. The favorite from the past month is how all of their goals are pure puck luck, while the opponents' goals are skill.

And dubs is just an OK tender playing in front of a good system.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
giphy.gif

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I liked how based off our play we're going nowhere this season.
Especially when combined with this would be 5-0 if it weren't for Varlamov and 32 shots.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't know if it's the mentality Roy drilled into them still or what, but MacKinnon and Landeskog had great minds for the game before being drafted, even Landeskog was a real threat before Roy was hired. I mean you heard the stats they presented in that third period about Landeskog's first 18 games against us and his last 13 or whatever it was. Now he's just a threat to injure one of our players.

It's sad, Roy single-handedly ruined some of the most exciting players in the West while he was there.

I agree. Roy was not what those young, MAJOR talents needed early on in their careers. Mackinnon was a near dominant player when he was in his teens... it's like he has gone backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad