GDT: 12/2 Game 23 - BRUINS @ Edmonton 9:30 ET NESN, SN1, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBruins63*

Connolly gets the monkey off his back last game, scoring a pretty a great goal, and he's sent to the 4th line? Now, this is a guy who was being used on the 4th line for TBL, and a guy we gave up 2 seconds for to see him in a bigger role.

Bad move, keep him up.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Don't like seeing Ferraro's name on the 3rd line, don't want to see 4th line players in the top9.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
8-3-3 month of December on tap for the Bs I think

1st win comes tomorrow 5-2 Bs

Hayes
Beleskey 2x
Krug
Eriksson

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
I think the fanbase in Edmonton has almost had enough. That team needs to take the next step, otherwise I'm not sure how economically viable they will be long term.

Economicaly viable? Edmonton has sold out every game for since 2006 with high ticket prices and a bottom dweller product. New rink next year with huge price increase in prices and fans lining up to pay 40-60% more for seats.

First part was right last couple years. Fans real frustrated. Chia and new coach and 97 have given some hope.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think we lose this one. I would be shocked if we didn't see a huge effort from that Edmonton squad tomorrow. I don't know if anyone watched them play last night, but they couldn't skate with the Leafs. For a team that needs to change their identity, they have to start doing it on the ice, and if they put up another stinker tomorrow, I think a few players might be punching their tickets out of town.

I think the fanbase in Edmonton has almost had enough. That team needs to take the next step, otherwise I'm not sure how economically viable they will be long term.

You trying to jinx them.haha They suck.Lose that game with a Flames team next who rallied back from 3 -0 vs Dallas in 3rd and Nucks the next nite it could be scary for any pts.Edmonton is the 1 game they should take after 4 full days off.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
You trying to jinx them.haha They suck.Lose that game with a Flames team next who rallied back from 3 -0 vs Dallas in 3rd and Nucks the next nite it could be scary for any pts.Edmonton is the 1 game they should take after 4 full days off.

Im worried about the 'extended' break. Never turns out well straight out of the gates, heavy legs, lack of sharpness. Hope im wrong and they come out with fire.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I assume Gus is going to get a start on Friday or Saturday. Rask tonight ? I am off tonight so get to watch this game in real time . Bruins win 4-3 but it won't be easy .

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I assume Gus is going to get a start on Friday or Saturday. Rask tonight ? I am off tonight so get to watch this game in real time . Bruins win 4-3 but it won't be easy .

I bet Gus gets Friday and Rask Saturday. I expect Rask tonight.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Any man who:
- wins olympic gold medal
- wins stanley cup
- reaches stanley cup final
- presidents trophy
- reaches playoffs 6 years in a row

is an idiot???:amazed:

I don't think he's an idiot but I do think he misses the mark on who is valuable to a team and what they are worth in contract or trade.

I think the cup made him overly loyal to some players and then he just seemed to become trigger shy after the Seguin trade. Trades became too hard and all his moves were either small or just flat out bad.

I think he does struggle with cap management and he's going to dig a deep hole when they start re-signing all those top picks.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I would really like to see a line of

Spooner-Ferrarro-Connolly at some point, I think that would be a really good 3rd line especially as those guys grow and get more comfortable with more time in the NHL and learn Julien's system better.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Connolly gets the monkey off his back last game, scoring a pretty a great goal, and he's sent to the 4th line? Now, this is a guy who was being used on the 4th line for TBL, and a guy we gave up 2 seconds for to see him in a bigger role.

Bad move, keep him up.

Coaches think less than never about where a guy played on previous teams or what was given up for him in trade. They think about where he fits on the current team and where they can put him to contribute the most in the grand scheme of things. Claude could give two ***** that we gave up two 2nd round picks for him, and even if he gave half a ****, it wouldn't affect where he slotted him. As it should be.

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
I shoulda went to this game. I live about 3.5 hours from Edmonton. Its the only NHL city even close to me but I was supposed to have my own hockey to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad