Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
[NHL]888517[/NHL]

The team flew out to Edmonton on Monday so they would not lose a practice day and it gives them practice time in the higher altitude. They haven't played since Friday.

Last edited:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I think we lose this one. I would be shocked if we didn't see a huge effort from that Edmonton squad tomorrow. I don't know if anyone watched them play last night, but they couldn't skate with the Leafs. For a team that needs to change their identity, they have to start doing it on the ice, and if they put up another stinker tomorrow, I think a few players might be punching their tickets out of town.

I think the fanbase in Edmonton has almost had enough. That team needs to take the next step, otherwise I'm not sure how economically viable they will be long term.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I think we lose this one. I would be shocked if we didn't see a huge effort from that Edmonton squad tomorrow. I don't know if anyone watched them play last night, but they couldn't skate with the Leafs. For a team that needs to change their identity, they have to start doing it on the ice, and if they put up another stinker tomorrow, I think a few players might be punching their tickets out of town.

I think the fanbase in Edmonton has almost had enough. That team needs to take the next step, otherwise I'm not sure how economically viable they will be long term.

Yah but isn't Edmonton missing some pretty key players to injury right now?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Chia isn't panicking yet but he made some comments that will anger some Bruins fans

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/crosby-dubinsky-maple-leafs-oilers-jets-byfuglien-hamonic/

When Peter Chiarelli comes out and says he’s not making a panic trade, there’s two components. The first is that when struggling, other GMs throw anvils, not lifejackets. Often, these are your worst deals.

“Fans want improvement,†he said last weekend. “What they don’t want is a short-term move that hurts for years.â€

Second, at times like these, the value of players you might be willing to move is lower than ever. Let’s say, for argument’s sake, the Oilers wanted to trade Jordan Eberle. He’s behind everyone else because he was injured until November. He’s gone five games without a point. In the 12 games he’s played, he’s been a plus player once and is minus-eight in his last four. In the past two seasons, he has 53 points in 79 games pre-New Year’s; 75 in 82 after.

No doubt Chiarelli is going to perform major surgery. But he needs to hold more than Queen-high.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
No doubt Chiarelli is going to perform major surgery. But he needs to hold more than Queen-high.

Wow. I generally respect Elliotte Friedman, but as a casual fan of both major surgery and poker, that metaphor is mixing flowers with megaphones.

Chara's got the right mindset. He managed to talk about how tough the Oilers and Flames were without bursting into laughter - in the NHL more so than in any other league, any team can win on any given day. You can't go into these games rolling your eyes and saying "LOiLers!"

Considering the strong history we have with all three of these teams, points are DEFINITELY at a premium for this road trip. Imagine pissing of Chiarelli and Dougie, and capping it off with lighting Vancouver ablaze again. If we get an 8 game winning streak, then the rest of December will be just that much easier.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Here is the practice lineup from earlier today:
Marchand-Bergeron-Vatrano
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson
Spooner-Ferraro-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kemppainen-Connolly/Randell

Chara-Trotman
Seidenberg-C. Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-K. Miller

Rask
Gustavsson

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Here is the practice lineup from earlier today:
Marchand-Bergeron-Vatrano
Beleskey-Krejci-Eriksson
Spooner-Ferraro-Hayes
Rinaldo-Kemppainen-Connolly/Randell

Chara-Trotman
Seidenberg-C. Miller
Krug-McQuaid
Morrow-K. Miller

Rask
Gustavsson

Connolly moving down Ferraro moving up...interesting.

Going to be difficult for left handed Morrow to be inserted in this line up.:(

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Connolly moving down Ferraro moving up...interesting.

Going to be difficult for left handed Morrow to be inserted in this line up.:(

Sends is on record saying he prefers playing on the right.

Not so impossible to shift him to the right and insert Morrow.

Not sure what to expect with this game. Edmonton is pretty bad and they have injuries. But the. Ruins have played some really awful games.

Be interesting to see how those lines work out if Julien keeps them that way. Appears that Randell will be the odd man out.

I like the look of the 4th line-on paper at least.

Hate the game time so I may not be able to stay up to watch it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad