Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
cut.jpg

NHL.com
CALGARY -- The Minnesota Wild will try to avenge one of the more frustrating losses of the season so far when it plays the Calgary Flames on Friday night at the Scotiabank Saddledome.

Minnesota is coming off a 5-4 loss to the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday, a game that started a four-game, 10-day swing through Canada that continues on to Edmonton on Sunday and Toronto on Wednesday.

The Wild has also been surrendering too many odd-man rush chances to its opponents over the past 10 days, a point of emphasis in practice the past two days in Calgary.

It won't be easy against Johnson, who helped the Flames to a 3-0 win over the Toronto Maple Leafs here on Wednesday night. Since shutting out the Wild last month, he's added two more shutouts to his ledger.

The Calgary native has a sterling 2.06 goals against average and .930 save percentage in 13 starts this season. He's won four of his past five starts, allowing just three goals total in those four wins.

Devan Dubnyk, another goaltender with ties to the Calgary area, is expected to get the start for the Wild.

Go Wild! :slaugh:

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
FLAMES fans are expecting/demanding bloodshed as retaliation for the "screw job" Minnesota gave the Flames in the last game, where the sole purpose of the entire game was to maim or possibly kill Johnny G. (see top secret video re-enactment of Chris Stewart taking on Johnny G. from the Calgary TV feed.)

ConsiderateInconsequentialAfricanrockpython.gif

and more never before seen video of Eric "Oglethorpe" Staal filmed during the last Calgary game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
FLAMES fans are expecting/demanding bloodshed as retaliation for the "screw job" Minnesota gave the Flames in the last game, where the sole purpose of the entire game was to maim or possibly kill Johnny G.

Luckily, they have little influence over what actually happens on the ice. ;)

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Oh yeah I forgot how we maliciously injured Gaudreau. Are they mad at us now?

At least if people are calling us dirty, they aren't calling us boring! :sarcasm:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo:
Captain Mark Giordano basically said there were some "unnecessary whacks," and they'll play the Wild's top guys hard like they'd play any other team's top guys.

Troy Brouwer, who's always a good quote said, "I might be a hypocrite to say anything because I like to throw a few slashes here and there. But, no, our mentality isn’t going to change. Your hand and fingers aren’t terribly well protected. It’s unfortunate what happened (to Gaudreau) happened. But we’re not going to take our focus away from trying to win a hockey game here.â€

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm hoping Gabriel gets to play tonight. I just want to see him lay a couple big hits, don't care if he drops the gloves.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Not a good start. Bad givaways.

Scandella/Prosser 3rd pair tonight.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bad goal the Wild give up. Bad line change, gave up odd man rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad