GDT: 12/19/17 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vegas

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Everyone on the bench is cursing Coburn right now. Out of any penalty that can easily be avoided, its holding the stick.

tnsn78

China Bolt
Nov 7, 2017
The way we lost this drove me mad...
How can you make the SAME mistake over and over and over again, in a single game

Reactions: berlin

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
We are so soft in the last minute. I hate that we give up so many goals with little time left. It's like we stop playing.
They actually played very hard, kept the puck in the corner for most of regulation remainder.

Vegas got one look. Short side. Save has to be made

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
They actually played very hard, kept the puck in the corner for most of regulation remainder.

Vegas got one look. Short side. Save has to be made

Going back to last year...we have given up some late period goals...repeatedly. Soft or hard or whatever. It's lack of focus till the horn.

Reactions: berlin

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
can't point out one thing they did well in that game. horrible passing, stupid penalties, weak neutral zone play. and were in it for 59:58.

ah well, end of a road trip and minus a key forward at the last second. would love to see conacher swapped out for erne

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
can't point out one thing they did well in that game. horrible passing, stupid penalties, weak neutral zone play. and were in it for 59:58.

ah well, end of a road trip and minus a key forward at the last second. would love to see conacher swapped out for erne
Yeah Conacher is done I think. He was fine for a spark but I think the spark is dead.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
The way we lost this drove me mad...
How can you make the SAME mistake over and over and over again, in a single game

I agree they weren't smart enough. The last goal however is on the refs. Coburn had another debatable board battle with Tuch earlier and maybe that's why the refs felt they had to get him the 2nd time...but that's just a bad call. Can't do it at this point of the game. I can barely see what he did. This is not the 1st time stuff like that happens with Vegas involved. Not sure if it's really just coincidence.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Cooper just said that a lot more guys than Johnson and Dotchin should have been out with the "flu". That would explain why we looked so flat tonight.

Vasi had a really bad game. If he's at his normal level we win 3-1. That last shot was unscreened from the point and along the ice. Routine save that cost us the road point.

Vegas has all this hype, and they are a pretty good team, but it took going 4/5 on the PP to beat us without 2 of our regulars and 40+ minutes of flat hockey. Their arena is a clone of Consol in Pitt. Shitty arena. Fans around me were obnoxious and many didn't know the rules. When I tried to explain why Engelland was getting that throwing the stick call they just yelled I was full of shit. And don't be fooled about the noise of the arena, the stereo system here was cranked to 11. I've been to 20+ NHL arenas and this was by far the loudest sound system I've ever heard. The bass was making my hair vibrate. Overall, meh experience. Denver was definitely the best arena on the road trip and St. Louis was the least obnoxious.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
I've just finished watching. Tampa was slower than usual, probably tired. Plus Vegas had some luck with all those PP goals, while their usual PP is not actually that good.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Very frustrating loss after tying it up. Bad game from Vasy and a bunch of other guys too. Vegas was just simply better than us tonight. Well, can't win them all. Now let's win the next two and start the Christmas break nicely.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Everybody played bad but my goodness, Stamkos barely moves his legs at times. He's lost a step for sure. His top end speed seems the same but you rarely see it. Not nitpicking just to moan but so many times throughout the game (And all season really) he just trips, twirls or looks like he's slipping on a banana peel. It's really weird.

Big fat F for pretty much every forward tonight. One period does not give anybody a pass. Defense looked disinterested.

3GAA-ilevsky returned tonight. Can't fault him for it all but man that last one stung.

Hopefully this is some kind of heartbreak for them and they come back pissed.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
They didn't have a good game but 2 players were out with the flu and an unknown number of players in the game were also sick. Hopefully they rest, take some medicine and are healthy again soon. And please don't let Vasy be one of the sick players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad