GDT: 12/19/17 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vegas

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Gallant was also everyones pick should Cooper have been fired, you're telling me it took 3 years for Cooper to get the kind of level Gallant is somehow able to do on every team he coaches instantly? Is it the players argument again? because Vegas has such a stacked roster...

Look at the effort level he gets out of guys during his year in Florida and Vegas, their puck movement was stupid good today and they don't have a Kucherov or a Hedman to distribute - I'm glad Cooper made the changes he did but I have Gallant ahead of him in my books. Firing him tops the list of dumb things Florida has done over the past 2 years.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Holy overreaction, Batman.

Anyway I give them a pass for the flu for most of the stuff, but it would've been nice to kill more than 1/5 PPs. When you give up 4 on the PK that's pretty pathetic. Better sort that out. It can't be all Callahan being gone.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Disappointing game. That call at the end the was a joke, particularly considering the missed cheap shot on Names. Inexcusable. Credit to Vegas who worked hard, but they had help. I was surprised at just how much goon there was to their game. There was a bit of headhunting going on. I'll enjoy seeing them get bounced in the first round, as the game has way of embarrassing teams who stray into that kind of territory.

For our part, we played exactly like a flu-bitten team that just had of a few days off in Vegas. They didn't get our best game by a long shot.

Unlike some, I thought Conacher played very well. A lot of guys could have taken a cue from his effort level. No reason to send him down, even if I do still think we should call up Erne or somebody. Conacher's not dead weight.

Last edited:

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is also two games in a row where we got lit up on the PP. That needs to be fixed yesterday.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
That doesn't explain it. Callahan isn't out there for two minutes. If I recall, three (if not all four?) of the PP goals were scored with Point and Gourde on the ice, and they're normally our top option on the PK.

Point had his worst game in a Lightning sweater last night. Maybe he's one of the flu victims. He didn't look fast or dangerous out there at all.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Disappointing game. That call at the end the was a joke, particularly considering the missed cheap shot on Names. Inexcusable. Credit to Vegas who worked hard, but they had help. I was surprised out just how much goon there was to their game. There was a bit of headhunting going on. I'll enjoy seeing them get bounced in the first round, as the game has way of embarrassing teams who stray into that kind of territory.

For our part, we played exactly like a flu-bitten team that just had of a few days off in Vegas. They didn't get our best game by a long shot.

Unlike some, I thought Conacher played very well. A lot of guys could have taken a cue from his effort level. No reason to send him down, even if I do still think we should call up Erne or somebody. Conacher's not dead weight.
Thank god a voice of reason !!! Tough to read through this thread, and I agree with Conacher I’m not sure what some others are watching, he is making the most of his limited ice time. If Erne comes up it should be Brown going down, and while we are at it bring up Cirelli to upgrade on Paquette. The forth line was horrible. I felt Cooper overplayed Point and Gourde and they both had rough games.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
1 loss midseason is pretty meaningless yes we lost and yes the way we lost hurts but we can't win them all and we had just snapped off 7 wins in a row we were due for a bad one.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
1 loss midseason is pretty meaningless yes we lost and yes the way we lost hurts but we can't win them all and we had just snapped off 7 wins in a row we were due for a bad one.
I don't think anyone is saying the season is lost - just that it was a disappointing loss because it was self-inflicted.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Point had his worst game in a Lightning sweater last night. Maybe he's one of the flu victims. He didn't look fast or dangerous out there at all.

i am attributing it to this as well. Koekkoek and Serge were also bad. the whole team looked listless.

i can't imagine having to play when you're under the weather, and your local time would be 10:00.

watching vegas celebrate like they won the cup, i can't wait to see them come here. i bet we absolutely light them up.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
i am attributing it to this as well. Koekkoek and Serge were also bad. the whole team looked listless.

i can't imagine having to play when you're under the weather, and your local time would be 10:00.

watching vegas celebrate like they won the cup, i can't wait to see them come here. i bet we absolutely light them up.
Eh - that's a pretty dramatic way to win. I have no problem with them being excited. They're gelling as a team.

One other thing I noticed - I don't think Gallant was line-matching much, but rather was just rolling lines. The way they're structured that makes sense, but when we have home ice some of their offensive players may have a harder time finding room.

But really - at the end of the day we just need to take care of the puck better and not take stupid penalties. Both of Coburn's were really dumb, and I'm not a fan of Sergachev's either. He had a rookie game last night.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Disappointing game. That call at the end the was a joke, particularly considering the missed cheap shot on Names. Inexcusable. Credit to Vegas who worked hard, but they had help. I was surprised out just how much goon there was to their game. There was a bit of headhunting going on. I'll enjoy seeing them get bounced in the first round, as the game has way of embarrassing teams who stray into that kind of territory.

McNabb was headhunting notoriously, he also had some brutal plays out there. Not sure if he had something against us or if he always plays like that

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Thank god a voice of reason !!! Tough to read through this thread, and I agree with Conacher I’m not sure what some others are watching, he is making the most of his limited ice time. If Erne comes up it should be Brown going down, and while we are at it bring up Cirelli to upgrade on Paquette. The forth line was horrible. I felt Cooper overplayed Point and Gourde and they both had rough games.
I'm not sure what the expectations are with Conacher, but he's meeting mine, especially given the alternatives.

I agree about calling up Erne, or whoever's hot in Syracuse. Some fresh blood in the lineup would be a good thing, I think.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
The third line isn't dangerous - that's my issue with Conacher. It's not a checking line. It's not a scoring line. Some of that is on Killorn the past couple of games, but Killorn has a long contract and isn't going anywhere.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
McNabb was headhunting notoriously, he also had some brutal plays out there. Not sure if he had something against us or if he always plays like that
I don't know what McNabb's deal was either. It almost seemed personal. Was he the clown who crosschecked Names after the goal? I still can't even believe that happened. That was such a bush-league thing to do. They were going after Kuch pretty hard, too. It's a shame, because it was a pretty good game otherwise. I'm willing to bet we'll destroy them the next time we play.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The third line isn't dangerous - that's my issue with Conacher. It's not a checking line. It's not a scoring line. Some of that is on Killorn the past couple of games, but Killorn has a long contract and isn't going anywhere.
It's not perfect, but what are the alternatives right now? Conacher at least has the tools to make something happen from time to time. To my eye he appears to be trying to play more like Gourde, and he's definitely not failing at it, even if Gourde is a curious hockey anomoly that can't ever be truly replicated.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Just got back to Tampa and I was talking to some Tampa fans at the airport in Vegas. Apparently a bunch of them were at the Four Seasons partying on Monday night. The guy said Stamkos and Kucherov were so drunk they could barely walk.

I get it’s Vegas and you want to party, but you’ve got a f***ing job to do. Completely inexcusable that the team is out f***ing partying the night before a game. Makes sense that we still looked drunk for game time.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Just got back to Tampa and I was talking to some Tampa fans at the airport in Vegas. Apparently a bunch of them were at the Four Seasons partying on Monday night. The guy said Stamkos and Kucherov were so drunk they could barely walk.

I get it’s Vegas and you want to party, but you’ve got a ****ing job to do. Completely inexcusable that the team is out ****ing partying the night before a game. Makes sense that we still looked drunk for game time.
:rolleyes:

Were they drunk on Tuesday night? Kucherov and Stamkos were good and dangerous all game. I don't give a shit what they do the night before as long as they show up on the ice. Jesus fans are f***ing ridiculous with what they expect.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Vegas might have a rude-awakening during the playoffs. They may end up with the best overall home-ice record in the league, but that's regular season. The other team's have not been showing up "firing on all cylinders."
Come playoff time, I have no doubt any other team they play at home WILL come with their A-game.

Jokingly - I also think that next time we play in Vegas, the team needs to stay with the Mormons in Salt Lake the night before the game and shuttle in to town the morning of the game. Go nuts on the strip after the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad