GDT: 12/17 |To The Fire |Boston Bruins vs. Calgary Flames |7pm ET |NESN(HD), 98.5 FM

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If there is another deadline trade with Calgary in the future, then our AHL call-ups gave Brian Burke some food for thought tonight.

Personally I think there are some very solid prospects who are NHL ready. Miller has looked outstanding IMO. In some ways he is better than Bart (he seems to have a smarter game).

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Just realized something funny... I was gassing up the plow truck at work, for some reason I was compelled to stop it at $33.33.

Tonight's goal scorers, 33 and 33 :naughty:

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
Personally I think there are some very solid prospects who are NHL ready. Miller has looked outstanding IMO. In some ways he is better than Bart (he seems to have a smarter game).

Totally agree on Miller, he always find open space with the puck when others team forechek and buy precious time to make a good play. He seems to have real good IQ and would feel really confortable playing him even in the playoff. If we return him to Providence does he have to pass waiver?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Totally agree on Miller, he always find open space with the puck when others team forechek and buy precious time to make a good play. He seems to have real good IQ and would feel really confortable playing him even in the playoff. If we return him to Providence does he have to pass waiver?

I think he has to clear waivers but I am not 100% what the new rules are for emergency call ups.

There is no way he will clear IMO-I think he gets picked up off the wire which makes me think they may not send him back down-not sure what the cap looks like but I think there was talk at the beginning of the season of carrying two D-men (Bart and Miller) as extras.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I thought emergency call ups didn't have to clear waivers? I hope not.

I thought it was only when they were called up but had to clear going back down.

But I could be wrong-I know some of the rules around waivers changed with the new contract.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i know ive been mentioning this alot, but can somebody please tell me how you take miller out of the top six defensemen when everyone is healthy??

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
McQuaid is the likely choice. Package him with Caron or another prospect and at least get our 1st rounder for 2014 back plus a depth player.

We'd probably have to deal a 2nd rounder or a prospect we wouldn't want to lose to get a 1st from that package.

I thought we still had our 1st? Didn't Dallas get our 2013 1st with the Jagr trade?

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Last edited:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
From the 2 sites I went to it looks like we have all except the 6th rounder.

Heres one of them

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Years/2014.htm

Yeah, that's weird. I've looked at 2 sites and both still have the Bruins' listed as having their first and second rounder.

NHL.com's trade tracker still has it listed there, plain as day though.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=80955

I highly doubt Dallas is gonna feel benevolent about giving it back due to Jagr's lack of production while he was here. :laugh:

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
Yeah, that's weird. I've looked at 2 sites and both still have the Bruins' listed as having their first and second rounder.

NHL.com's trade tracker still has it listed there, plain as day though.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=80955

I highly doubt Dallas is gonna feel benevolent about giving it back due to Jagr's lack of production while he was here. :laugh:

Yeah I'd trust the NHL site before those other ones...ok no 1st then. :(

EDIT:OH wait that's our 2013 pick...last draft, not 2014 draft Those sites are correct the deal has already been completed.

1 29 29 DAL Jason Dickinson C CAN 6' 1" 179 OHL Guelph.... is who they took with our pick.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A pretty typical first game home after a reasonably lengthy roadie.

Ho Hum....just another 2pts with an AHL lineup...wish this team would add some depth at some point:)

The last comment...all sarcasm

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Funny how our D-men aren't usually perceived around the league as being that great offensively, yet the production is terrific from the blueline every single year.

The whole team is kinda like that.

No single player is known as being great offensively, yet the team as a whole scores close to the league lead most years.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Yeah I'd trust the NHL site before those other ones...ok no 1st then. :(

EDIT:OH wait that's our 2013 pick...last draft, not 2014 draft Those sites are correct the deal has already been completed.

1 29 29 DAL Jason Dickinson C CAN 6' 1" 179 OHL Guelph.... is who they took with our pick.

Ah yes.

So we at least got the bandaid ripped off quickly with that trade.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
of course not everything last night was good
bruinshairlady.gif

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.
I have a bad neck/back and that^^ pains me just to look at. (not commenting on physical appearance as who am I to throw stones?) If I did that I'd be out of commission for a month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad