GDT: 12/17/16 - Wild vs. Coyotes - 1PM CT / 9 PM Suomi - FSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
This one must be his secret soft twin brother. I distinctly remember OEL like a very good player. This must be a changeling or something

I think he's going into Eric Staal Carolina mode. Just sick of the losing, sick of the sub-par teams.

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
Pfft CHI/STL, Pit/Tor, Philly 10 game win streak stopped. Doubtful the Wild get love over that.

It's because the Wild plays boring trap hockey and only defend, never score and ultimately sucks.
I still don't get if the mediocre Dubnyk is the product of the Wild defensive system or if the mediocre wild are a product of a great goalie. I read both options several times.

Last edited:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm just shocked the Wild were able to get going without Gabriel sparking them and getting them going.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Down Haula most of the game: all FWDs under 20 mins ToI, all d-men under 24 mins.

Nice to see Kemps have a good game. The team didn't play down to AZ. Didn't really turtle until the last ~5 mins of the game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How insane is the Metro right now. Wild (40p) would be 1st in the Pacific, 2nd in Central and Atlantic, out of the Playoffs completely in the Metro. Crazy with 5 teams there 41p+.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
gnKObJS.gif

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
How insane is the Metro right now. Wild (40p) would be 1st in the Pacific, 2nd in Central and Atlantic, out of the Playoffs completely in the Metro. Crazy with 5 teams there 41p+.

Even more impressive: Columbus has 2 points on the Wild, and 2 games in hand. Wild does have 3 games in hand on Philly for 1 less point, and 2 games in hand on the Rangers for 3 points less, so they'd be in the mix there.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Wings fan who was at the game reporting in!

OK the Wild looked really great. Completely in control of the game. Graovac appeared to be everywhere, too. Didn't know much about him, but was very impressed.

You guys feel this roster is legit? It was really good hockey, even if Arizona was underwhelming.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013

OK the Wild looked really great. Completely in control of the game. Graovac appeared to be everywhere, too. Didn't know much about him, but was very impressed.

You guys feel this roster is legit? It was really good hockey, even if Arizona was underwhelming.

Real question how many posts did the Wild hit? On tv it seemed like five I just want to know if that's accurate.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

I do. They have a ton of depth, and are resilient. Parise has shown signs in the last three games of being like his old self. If he does get back to his 60 pt. form we'll be tough to beat. Bottom line, with good defense and goaltending they are going to be in every game, and with the balanced attack they have they are hard to defend. They also have a decent size to them ...in the past they would get run by certain bigger teams. Don't see that happening much any more.

ARI looked really bad, though. That game could've been 6-1 easily.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im glad we took care of business & beat a team we should have. so many golden chances we missed. oh well i hope we keep her going strong. who's next?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
BTW - generally speaking over the past 5yrs, we'd be about a week into erratic play right now inching ever closer to the mid season swoon.

This year... so far so good, it's different, we're playing some of the best hockey of the season at this point.

TommieNation

Feb 9, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
BTW - generally speaking over the past 5yrs, we'd be about a week into erratic play right now inching ever closer to the mid season swoon.

This year... so far so good, it's different, we're playing some of the best hockey of the season at this point.

It's nice. Over the past few years I have always felt that this team stops playing as a team and plays as individuals but so far they are still playing as a team and seem to be having fun

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
im glad we took care of business & beat a team we should have. so many golden chances we missed. oh well i hope we keep her going strong. who's next?

CO. And they are going DOWN. The party is over for them.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis

Given the recent history of this team and of Minnesota sports in general, I think Wild fans would rather keep their expectations low and take it as it comes. The Wild are playing well right now though. I could see this team turning it on like they did in the second half of the season two years ago after they got Dubnyk, but until it actually happens anything is possible. We have seen this core play like an elite team and we have also seen it completely fall apart. That said, it looks like Boudreau has their heads in the right place and playing the right way. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and would love to see them play strong against the Habs and the Rangers next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad