GDT: 12/16/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Winnipeg

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Win or lose, I just hope we can stay healthy.

Would also like to see a better effort than we gave against Toronto, despite the score.

Even considering that Toronto was putting up lots of shots on their PP, the total shots against for that game were ridiculous. Vasy stole that game for us. Our team did NOT deserve that win.

Reactions: JDBolt

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Even considering that Toronto was putting up lots of shots on their PP, the total shots against for that game were ridiculous. Vasy stole that game for us. Our team did NOT deserve that win.

Vasy's part of the team, and stole the game, thus, we deserved the win.

It's also important to note that we won by 3.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017
I expect Laine is putting in 2 or 3 tonight.
He sure lucked out in being extremely talented in hockey, because damn, is that one ugly human being.

I'm normally not one to judge guys' looks either, but in this case, it stands out. Is there anyone else in the league that's worse to look at?

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Okay, you have a good point. :DD And yes, we did win by 3.

But it just makes me nervous that the team defense (forwards as well as defensemen) gave up sooo many shots against. :eek:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Okay, you have a good point. :DD And yes, we did win by 3.

But it just makes me nervous that the team defense (forwards as well as defensemen) gave up sooo many shots against. :eek:

It was a mix of them shooting from everywhere and having legit scoring chances. I think chances were actually kind of tight.

The big thing is though, that was a bigger game to them than it was to us. We're a measuring stick to them. The opposite is not true. That was a playoff level effort on their part. We just didn't have a whole lot of incentive to match it. For us, it was 1 of 82. For them it was trying to prove they can contend.

JDBolt

Oct 14, 2017

I think she was meaning the team in front of him didn't deserve the win, and I definitely agree. I don't think we win many games with them playing as poorly as they did.

Yes, we did win by 3, and the scoring chances were much closer than the SOG, but they dominated us for most of the first two periods, and a good portion of the 3rd.

I just didn't like the overall performance, personally. We didn't look uninspired, but rather nervous or overly cautious. Passes were sloppy for much of the game, and despite having more hits, it seemed like we were really lacking our physical game. Not sure if the media "pressure" got to them or what, but it wasn't the Tampa we've seen for much of this season..

I'm hoping Colorado game Tampa shows up again. Or maybe 2nd period vs Chicago, 33 SOG Tampa. Not 6 pk, 48 SOG against Tampa. Either way, a win is a win. Let's get it.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
He sure lucked out in being extremely talented in hockey, because damn, is that one ugly human being.

I'm normally not one to judge guys' looks either, but in this case, it stands out. Is there anyone else in the league that's worse to look at?

Good luck tonight.
KWId97t.png

Avert your eyes he's so ugly?

;)

Reactions: JDBolt

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Hey as a Jets fan and Leaf hater , why do you think this ? I was just wondering . :thumbu:
Well for one the Jets can score, play the body but most of all y’all know how to play defense. Also, Jets always give us fits, think the cross-seasonal record is 10-10 or something, with tons of games going to OT or SO so it’s gonna be super close. I have much respect for the Jets, I really dig their game. It’s gonna be fun! :cheers:

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
Going to be interesting to see how we look without Cernak's physical play. Although I do think this is our D at full form
I'd like to sit Girardi and have Cernak in instead. I understand that Girardi is a PK beast and is a 2nd goaltender on the ice at times though. I just think that he is far too slow of foot to hang with any reasonably good skating forward coming down his side. Heaven forbid if a puck is turned over anywhere near either blue line with him not already turned and skating hard back.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hey as a Jets fan and Leaf hater , why do you think this ? I was just wondering . :thumbu:

Because they're a team with skill that can get physical in the same sense as Boston. I wouldn't say as much as them though. The Leafs on the other hand tend to get the puck via "SAVE ANDERSSEN! And back come the Leafs the other way..."

Reactions: Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad