GDT: 12/16/14 - Wild @ Hawks - 7:30PM / 3:30AM - FS-N, FS-WI - Emergency GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
It was a bad call tonight, but there is no conspiracy. Wild have lost plenty games all on their own. They are low in the standings due to a crappy PP. Not the refs.

is it's too obvious to call it conspiracy? i think it is :laugh:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Didn't the NFL come out and admit the refs got a call wrong in the Seahawks game. NHL protects their refs so much it's disgusting

I asked on the main thread a year or two ago and they get reprimanded but they won't do it publicly because they believe it will diminish the game. And many of these guys go on to ref the international events.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
1423.gif

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
it would end up being a shaming, but it'd be nice if the teams could critique the reffing point by point with video examples.

That I would love. They rip the players a new one with the safety videos. Do it with the refs demonstrating what went wrong. The bs aspect though is what greenlay stated: it was a hook just not the right time to call it and not blatant enough to warrant it.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I asked on the main thread a year or two ago and they get reprimanded but they won't do it publicly because they believe it will diminish the game. And many of these guys go on to ref the international events.

I guess if you're trying to grow the game, publicly shaming the refs doesn't help at all. If I remember correctly, Brad Meier didn't ref any playoff games after the Wild/Avalanche series

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
the NHL won't do it because they don't want to ruin their "oh we are the least blemished of the big 4 sports."

little do a majority of the NHL people realize that a vast majority of the nation could give a fluff less about them and the shaming of a ref would be brushed under the rug pretty quick

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
i wouldn't call it a conspiracy, but it's pretty blatant which teams get those calls and which do not. If I were a hawks fan, like i said, i'd be sickened by what occurred. Of course though, that's the market the league needs to empower and make them gods otherwise they wont follow the sport.

On a semi related note, imagine if Illinois and say NY state were actual hockey states..... we'd beat Canada in every olympics lol, simple population stats.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
is it's too obvious to call it conspiracy? i think it is :laugh:
To blame the refs nightly or that they are affecting the standings is silly. It was a bad call tonight. Absolutely. But the Wild are where they are based on their own play. They've been gifted many PP's including 5 minute ones that they pissed away. Their horrid PP is what has affected their spot in the standings. Not the refs.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
To blame the refs nightly or that they are affecting the standings is silly. It was a bad call tonight. Absolutely. But the Wild are where they are based on their own play. They've been gifted many PP's including 5 minute ones that they pissed away. Their horrid PP is what has affected their spot in the standings. Not the refs.

cosign.

I hate the reffing conspiracy stuff. It was not a good call. But, kill the penalty and you don't have to worry about it.

Move on to Boston tomorrow.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Is it really 'gifted' if they're deserved?

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
Bottom line is you can't have periods like the Wild played in the second and expect to beat the Blackhawks.

Yes the refs gave them two soft powerplays after the Wild tied it back up... but that's not why the Wild lost. The Wild lost because they watched the blackhawks skate circles around them for the 2nd.

How hard is it to TRY for 3 periods. Things may not go your way, but an entire period of no-hustle stupidity is really frustrating to watch.

I wonder how big the pitchforks would have been when Folin got his pocket picked that lead to the goal if it had been #55 losing the puck.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
trying to think, what was the last super bs call like this that led to a wild victory?

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Curry got pulled off the ice after 40 minutes tonight in IA after 33 saves and 1 GA. He is starting tomorrow it looks like.

Hell fellas, both the goalies are sick so we may have 2 goalies here tomorrow we haven't seen much of

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Never ends with this team. Can't have anything go our way.

Oh and there's Walz trying to defend that call. Hm. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad