Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yeo blaming the call.

Yeo said good 1st period, bad 2nd period, great 3rd period against great team on road, they battle back and the call was "the difference."

Nino and Backstrom own up and tell the truth. Good on them to be honest.

Russo
Nino: we played a horrible second period and that’s what cost us the game. tough call on haulzy, but that’s not why we lost.

Russo
Backstrom on Haula hook/winner off Brodin skate: "you have to find a way to be better so it’s not going to be about one call or one bounce"

It was a horrible call. But they put themselves in that situation due to the 2nd period.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
:laugh::laugh:

Take away the Kane goal in the third, give the Hawks a 5 on 3 after Sutter drilled Versteeg into the net in the 2nd and the outcome remains the same. :amazed:

Versteeg was poking at the puck and Sutter cleared the crease. I don't see what penalty would be called.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
They didn't blame the loss on the bad call. The team was crap during the 2nd period. That was the difference. Completely unraveled.

I wouldn't get into this argument; fans found their scapegoat. If this team was playing better, this loss would sting but not as badly as this. The points are everything.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
It would not surprise me if a call was made.

I have no respect for the commissioner of the league from a fan standpoint. Yes, he's made a ton of money for the league and I would say most owners are happy with him, but there's a lot of games like this that occur far to frequently to not at least question what is going on behind the scenes.

There is no way that the league would try to shape the outcome of games.The refs are not Bettmans personal drones I imagine most if not all would be offended at the idea that they throw games.The offended refs or some other people with knowledge of the conspiracy would eventually leak the information to the press
causing devastating catstrophic damage to the NHL,why would they ever do such a thing?

Refs have missed calls since forever it's nothing new and it happens in all sports.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
There is no way that the league would try to shape the outcome of games.The refs are not Bettmans personal drones I imagine most if not all would be offended at the idea that they throw games.The offended refs or some other people with knowledge of the conspiracy would eventually leak the information to the press
causing devastating catstrophic damage to the NHL,why would they ever do such a thing?

Refs have missed calls since forever it's nothing new and it happens in all sports.

People said this about basketball too, and FIFA, and a whole list of other sports that are or have been under investigation.

The NBA is the one that strikes closest to the NHL and Tim Donaghy who was an NBA official basically admitted that the officials were told to call games favoring one team or another for the ratings.

I really don't see why this couldn't happen in the NHL.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Well, if you give up 3 straight goals in the 2nd you put yourself in a position you shouldn't be in. ****** 2nd period decided this game, not O'****faces call, even it was a really really weak one.

Last edited:

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
People said this about basketball too, and FIFA, and a whole list of other sports that are or have been under investigation.

The NBA is the one that strikes closest to the NHL and Tim Donaghy who was an NBA official basically admitted that the officials were told to call games favoring one team or another for the ratings.

Tim Donaghy made those accusations after he himself was convicted of being involved in illegal gambling (betting tens of thousands of dollars on games he officiated).There is absolutely no proof to back up his claims (which were investigated by the FBI).

There certainly is corruption in FIFA but it involves bribary in voting for tournament host bids and appointments not match fixing.

Match fixing has certainly occured and will continue to occur but it is almost always for the benefit of organized crime and gambling.An exception to this is the 2006 Italian football scandal.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If we would've lost 3-1 or 4-1, then the 2nd period thing might mean something. But when it's a tie game late in the 3rd, no matter how it got there, then the only thing that matters is what comes next; and what came next was a very, very iffy penalty.

Sutter's penalty I have absolutely no problem with because it was legit; Haula's was not.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
So it's okay to have these total breakdowns in one period? Allllllllrighty then.

Look at it the other way, up until Haula's penalty, we were dominating the 3rd period. Against one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now. These things happen.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

FIFA is the most corrupt of them all. They spit on Brazil's law about no alcohol allowed at sporting events because Budweiser was a main sponsor. The reason for their law was too many soccer riots, injuries, death and FIFA basically bullied there way through and changed the law for the World Cup.

Slick Willy*

Yeo blaming the call.

Nino and Backstrom own up and tell the truth. Good on them to be honest.

Russo

Russo

It was a horrible call. But they put themselves in that situation due to the 2nd period.

They didn't blame the loss on the bad call. The team was crap during the 2nd period. That was the difference. Completely unraveled.

That's the truth. They need to tighten their **** up against teams like this. No more spotty games - more consistent play is needed to be a sold team.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
They played alright, then garbage, then great against one of the better teams in the league. That's not good enough to beat teams like that in this league, on the road.

Weird how a 22 year old recognized what went amiss in a game and the head coach can't. Telling.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Yeah, a coach deflecting blame off of his players and a player accepting responsibility. that never happens.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
They played alright, then garbage, then great against one of the better teams in the league. That's not good enough to beat teams like that in this league, on the road.

Weird how a 22 year old recognized what went amiss in a game and the head coach can't. Telling.

I'm pretty sure Mike knows they played like poop in the second period. That being said, they played great up until the penalty in the third, which was an iffy call that ended up deciding the game. That's his frustration. Refs should never decide a game.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
@dlukenelson: #MNwild have had a save percentage of over .900 just twice in the last six games.

Compare that to Three of Chicago goalies. Winnipeg And Nashville Goalies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad