Post-Game Talk: 12/15/17 | Sharks 3 @ Canucks 4 in OT

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Down the middle..besides Henrik...Gagner,Burmistrov,Dowd...Ouch.!!......Contrast that with SJS' C's..Thornton,Couture,Pavelski...

Also,now our best Dman is out 2-3 weeks......The misery continues.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Could be worse. They could be using their 4th and 5th string goaltenders and only had to pick from the mostly bottom 6 forwards and #5-8 D-men other teams left unprotected. Or you they could be missing both their top centers and top D-man for really large good chunks of time already. Looks at standings...

It's not going to be easy game but every player has something to prove after the last couple of games. I expect them to show me something resembling hockey win or lose.

Maybe Biega can stabilize Del Zotto a bit. I expect Hutton and Stecher will have some glaring crigen-worthy moments but by and large be OK. Edler-Pouliot will either be under the radar or self destruct in spectacular fashion.

Forward lines are ugh but when only one of your 12 forwards can put the puck in the net that's what it is going to look like. Likely would have kept Boeser with the twins as they haven't been bad together.

Edit: the players dressed tonight I believe combine for 39 even strength goals this year. 12 of those belong to Boeser. 27 ES goals from the other 17 skaters....I think those 17 skaters combine for just under 400 GP this year. And to be honest with Baertschi, Horvat and Sutter in the lineup the total would only go up 6 or so goals. The 23 PP goals have saved them from complete embarrassment in the standings (that's 5th in the league).

Last edited:

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
It's hard not to think we get plowed tonight. Sharks played yesterday but ... I'll take 4-2 SJ.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I ought to do a Star Wars-themed GDT for this game. Jim Benning Episode IV: A No Hope

Think we probably in for more of a prequel era... Star Wars: The Phantom Playoff Push

I think we win... a tired SJ team vs a team that was just killed and looking to bounce back? Just seems it may be one of those nights effort prevails...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad