3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Great win, but we still haven't made up for the Florida and Ottawa losses. Need to keep getting 2 points. I'm not sure the Devils will be able to sustain this run for another 4 months. We gotta win all these divisional games. I'm already feeling pressure and anxiety of the possibility of missing the playoffs. And I know this team can perform at a high level in the playoffs if they can just get in..

I think its going to go down the bitter end. The metro is tough and is going to send 5 teams to the playoffs but a pretty good team is not going to make it.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

The reports of Lundqvist's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Hank is being Hank. You take away that horrible start and he has really good numbers and don't think a lot of those goals were on him, especially in the beginning of the season.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
The net effect of Shattenkirk lands on the positive, I think. Not being snarky here at all, but isn't that what is generally agreed on? I think it is true, myself.
However, there is no reason on earth to not state clearly, black type on white background, how abysmal he can be defensively. That goal by Mitchell was an example.
Conversely, when Shattenkirk makes a whip smart pass from the right point to Zibanejad for a lightning fast one timer, I clap for that.

Reactions: belford222

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He doesn’t either, but that block and pass to Zucc for the empty netter was top notch, so we’ll call him even for the night :laugh:
VFox9xv.png

h5WoTmG.png

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The net effect of Shattenkirk lands on the positive, I think. Not being snarky here at all, but isn't that what is generally agreed on? I think it is true, myself.
However, there is no reason on earth to not state clearly, black type on white background, how abysmal he can be defensively. That goal by Mitchell was an example.
Conversely, when Shattenkirk makes a whip smart pass from the right point to Zibanejad for a lightning fast one timer, I clap for that.

I think that's the consensus, yeah. It just sucks because it would only take a little more effort for him to seriously improve back there. Make s hard attempt at clearing that weak cross ice pass and/or bust your ass in coverage after allowing the pass to get through and all is well.

culex

Oct 23, 2016
I haven't posted on this community much, but have lurked quite a bit. A few things:

1) On desktop, is it just me or does linking Twitter seriously screw up the page? It turns the page into a blank endless scroll. It might just be me, though.​

2) I find it interesting how a lot of people raved on how well the Rangers played -- both fans and in the post game analysis. I thought the team did well offensively, but it seemed like we got hemmed in our own zone, a LOT. It was said maybe those chances the Kings had were limited but...ergh, I'd beg to differ. We couldn't seem to clear out of our own zone (always pushed the puck alongside the boards trying to clear, but Kings players would always be there to stop it). It's weird how the team just completely crumbles into that all-too-familiar turtle mode against the Kings. I'm not sure. Either way, certainly made for a thrilling game.​

3) Would you guys play Hank tomorrow? Steve in the post game mentioned how he wanted to see him play, and thought he should play.​

Hope to post more here. Thanks and cheers!

Last edited:

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I think that's the consensus, yeah. It just sucks because it would only take a little more effort for him to seriously improve back there. Make s hard attempt at clearing that weak cross ice pass and/or bust your ass in coverage after allowing the pass to get through and all is well.
I agree with what you state. The lack of anything on that play is not acceptable. A forward could do a better job at engaging the attacker. There is no reason why that aspect of his game should not be pointed at and worked on, as it is a failing. It has zero to do with defensive system schemes employed by coaching.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
Congrats to Gabby on his 1000th game. I wish we could have held on to him another month. He still would have been playing here.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Outside of the first goal, Hank was great tonight. Buchnevich played pretty well, even he had nothing to show for it. Nash with a great play to win it.
Yeah, the first goal was one he should've had, but then again it was Gaborik with too much time on the rush, he never should've had that clean of an opportunity, Joe broke that down pretty well.

I feel like out of Gaborik's 401 career goals at least half of them looked just like that, a snap shot that looked like it should've been stopped. He has a terrific release.

Overall Hank was excellent though, tons of traffic in front and a lot of huge saves in the 3rd. He was very bust.

Good on Nash with the GWG, he was buzzzing tonight and deserved that.

I thought Staal had a very active game, he was carrying the puck a lot and jumping into the play seemingly every shift. He has a lot of pep in his step tonight.

Reactions: belford222

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Not sure if Gaborik can still play or if he just performs against us.

Shame to see he doesn't seem to have the speed any more, but he can still score with his hockey IQ.

Nash looked pretty good on the left wing. I think it's the first time he's been over there this season.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The team won and played well against a good team, but what's important is certain players didn't get enough ice time.

Would be much better if those players played more and the team lost.

Up is down.

Reactions: haohmaru

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
Well, it was not great but 2 more points. Let's get into the playoffs and hope for the best, if last year Ottawa's team went to the conference finals so can the Rangers this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad