GDT: 12/15/15 - 7:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Glad I didn't say before the game I was excited to watch what Vlad is becoming given more minutes, probably would've jinxed him.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Did better than Tavares. ZERO shots against the Panthers.

Nah don't worry. Stamkos just had zero shots and a -3 against the Kings a few games ago. And it was a 3-1 loss so you can't do much worse than that. Tavares has to not work much harder to compete with our captain :laugh:

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
So given the pretty consistent negativity directed at Stamkos, what kind of return is expected in a trade? It looks like the vast majority of Tampa Bay fans are done with him.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Did better than Tavares. ZERO shots against the Panthers.

Nah don't worry. Stamkos just had zero shots and a -3 against the Kings a few games ago. And it was a 3-1 loss so you can't do much worse than that. Tavares has to not work much harder to compete with our captain :laugh:

Yeah JT may have won the night considering Iles had 32 shots on goal, 19 of them just in the first period. The fact none of those were from JT I think gives him the "win" for the day but I agree with dechire, JT has a long way to go to be as bad as Captain Stagnant.

Victhor Ollesson

Dec 30, 2014
Florida
So given the pretty consistent negativity directed at Stamkos, what kind of return is expected in a trade? It looks like the vast majority of Tampa Bay fans are done with him.

If it happens, it will be as a rental to a contender that thinks he might turn it around with a change of scenery. The assets will depend on where we are in the standings here in the next month or so.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
+ Namestnikov
+ Kucherov
+ Blunden
+ Marchessault (except on the PP)
+ Stralman

- Hedman
- Flip line
- Carle
- Vasilevskiy (Maybe being a bit hard on him, but he's be able to hold onto pucks at this level)

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu

You would be too if you'd watched ~110 games exactly like the one last night in the last season and a half

As for value it depends where he's going. Probably a 1st round pick as a rental + whatever. Considering how bad he is in the post-season he'd be a pretty bad rental but good luck to whoever wants him. He can't move until at least 3 of the injured players come back permanently unless we're getting another top 6 center in the trade.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Did actually Stamkos come out and say that it was just like any other game for him?

Yeah... invisible and pointless.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Yeah JT may have won the night considering Iles had 32 shots on goal, 19 of them just in the first period. The fact none of those were from JT I think gives him the "win" for the day but I agree with dechire, JT has a long way to go to be as bad as Captain Stagnant.

An Isles fan might think differently but I'm getting the feeling that Tavares this year is like last year's Stamkos. Slumping and maybe on the downswing but still time to get back on track. It's when it hits the second season that it becomes a huge issue.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

Hopefully the team trading for him would pay for the name. If that's the case I'd like to see a 1st plus a good roster player with an extra year on his contract or a really good prospect.

If they see what we see, then maybe just a good roster player and a lesser pick.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
+ Namestnikov
+ Kucherov
+ Blunden
+ Marchessault (except on the PP)
+ Stralman

- Hedman
- Flip line
- Carle
- Vasilevskiy (Maybe being a bit hard on him, but he's be able to hold onto pucks at this level)

Considering the shot count after the first I am willing to give him a pass on the night for that alone. Game easily could have been 3 or 4-1 (maybe even 0 if Bernier was better). I think we have been spoiled by how good Bish has played so far but in my mind Vasi did his job and kept it close enough that when the rest of the team decided to show up it was still within reach. Did he have a great game? No, but IMO it was not a "bad" game either.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Considering the shot count after the first I am willing to give him a pass on the night for that alone. Game easily could have been 3 or 4-1 (maybe even 0 if Bernier was better). I think we have been spoiled by how good Bish has played so far but in my mind Vasi did his job and kept it close enough that when the rest of the team decided to show up it was still within reach. Did he have a great game? No, but IMO it was not a "bad" game either.

That's how I feel about it. I think this game could be good for the team because Vasy let in goals that Bishop doesn't and exposed some of the areas where the D is weak or getting lazy. The team can't keep depending on Bishop to bail them out.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Tavares always has a bad stretch then turns it on in the second half. I'd only worry about him if he never gets it going.

chasespace

Jul 19, 2010
Gator Nation

As a rental?
Similar to what Kovy got at the time when he went ot NJ.

If an extension is worked out ahead of time?
Top prospect+top-6/top-4 player+1st round pick+additional pick(s)

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
As a rental?
Similar to what Kovy got at the time when he went ot NJ.

If an extension is worked out ahead of time?
Top prospect+top-6/top-4 player+1st round pick+additional pick(s)

Considering how fed up everyone is here, do you think that's a realistic ask? Paying a similar price to what Kovy got essentially confirms Stamkos as a bonafide superstar. Kovy did have 58 points in 49 games at the time of his trade.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Considering how fed up everyone is here, do you think that's a realistic ask? Paying a similar price to what Kovy got essentially confirms Stamkos as a bonafide superstar. Kovy did have 58 points in 49 games at the time of his trade.

It doesn't matter what we think of him. Around the league he's still regarded as a superstar.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Power outage last night, so I finally got a chance to watch the game.

Something that concerns me: On the second goal, by Stralman, which came late in the period, there was almost no reaction. Guys are usually fired up in that situation. They looked like they were punching a clock. I'm wondering what the morale is like.

I watched the Leafs' broadcast, and it was hilarious to hear how baffled they were about Stamkos's performance. Romanak made a comment to the effect of, "I don't really recall him doing much of anything in this game."

Welcome to 2015, guys. (Hell, welcome to 2014.)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00