GDT: 12/15/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Pittsburgh

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
What does that have to do with the game played today? They've looked like **** pretty much all season, this is the first time we've played Pittsburgh, haven't even touched Boston yet.

Ok that's just a silly thing to say. They have looked great most of the season. Pretty much up until maybe 2 weeks ago.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Tyler Johnson is awesome. What a steal for you guys.

Don't quite know how you didn't end the game in the first, well I do... Fleury was awesome.... but we got outplayed so badly in the first that I never dreamt it'd end up a win.

Looking forward to these two teams meeting up again with more of a full deck on both sides. Should be many great battles ahead.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
No you don't and it was exaggerated but we look nothing like a team that can do any serious damage in the playoffs.

The first period was an example of what we CAN do. Without MAF killing it we would have put up 3 or 4 in that period alone, while only allowing I believe 5 shots.

Whether or not we can do that consistently is the question.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The first period was an example of what we CAN do. Without MAF killing it we would have put up 3 or 4 in that period alone, while only allowing I believe 5 shots.

Whether or not we can do that consistently is the question.

Yes but the Pens were also missing like 50% of their offense with Crosby and Kunitz out.. I mean once Malkin got off the ice they were playing against Sutter, Downie, Adams, Spaling and Klinkhammer

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
No you don't and it was exaggerated but we look nothing like a team that can do any serious damage in the playoffs.

Plenty of season left to go. We look horrible right now but I don't think it's time to push the panic button yet. Even if this season doesn't pan out we have a young team and should be a force for a while. My only concern is Stamkos leaving which I think is more possible than many around here

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
MAF was stellar and well, the Pens got our number. The good news is we got Philly's. But if we lose to them I say bring back the Panik button, XC!

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
They played well in the first half of the game but the Pens capitalized on their chances... meh, **** happens.

The 3rd period was a bit of a disappointment but overall the effort was there. As opposed to the past week, I'm not worried when they play a good possession game. Keep going like this, good things will happen more often than not.

Too bad Killorn was incapable to finish though.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Guys, there's just no excuse to lose against the Penguins with all the injuries they have. I don't care Fleury played lights out.
He can save you one point blank scoring chance, two.

But when it is 4 or 5 it's more of our players just making bad decisions shooting.

Filppula had a very weak game IMO.
Stamkos is blowing dog again :/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad